Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

If you have chassis currently, stop by Pure Hockey in Cherry Hill, NJ (right over any of the Philly bridges). I do most of the rivet work there.

If you don't have chassis currently, it may be tough for you to get a hold of a set before then. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Hi-Lo patent expiring has something to do with not being able to find those chassis anymore. You can still find Labedas on some sites, but I know we're all out of roller chassis currently as a company.

• Like 2

This may not be the place for this question but Im looking for an inline with a feet like a supreme but deeper, any suggestions? 

On 5/1/2018 at 4:01 PM, Conversion_Kings said:

Converted a pair of grafs with labeda eviction humer chassis 

OluSWsu.jpg

Those look awesome with the Eviction chassis.  Where did you manage to find a set?

Cutting the blade off of an old school cowling so I will have a proper cowling on a goalie boot. This will go between the Sprung chassis and the boot. 

It takes a bit to get the cowling flat, but it is better to cut less than dig into the cowling. I ordered goalie wheels. 

I am also going to reveal a couple of twists in the cosmetics of this inline goalie skate. 

• Like 1

Half of the cowling is nearly flat from where the runner was cut off. This is a painstaking process getting the cowling nice and flat with a palm sander. The great thing is that there will still be a centre line on the cowling for reference to mount the Sprung chassis.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Kop56Bw

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolgar said:

You can use file tool to grind down roughly, then use sand paper to finish it off. That would be much faster

Yep- That’s what I am actually doing. I ended up grinding down those ribs a bit further before getting out the palm sander. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

7 hours ago, Left Wing King said:

I'll give these a try out properly tomorrow. How loose do people have the rocker?

I've loosen mine quite a bit just because the aggressive pitch the Graf 705 + Marsblade presents. Couple that with reality that I skate (incorrectly) on my toes, a looser rocker was a must for me.

5 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I've loosen mine quite a bit just because the aggressive pitch the Graf 705 + Marsblade presents. Couple that with reality that I skate (incorrectly) on my toes, a looser rocker was a must for me.

Speaking to a mate who has a pair, he's kept his quite tight still. I'll try that until I'm used to them. Glad I went with the boot conversion though.

• Like 1

So, I have recently converted my Nexus 1Ns from last season to inline skates.
Absolutely loving them so far, a much better fit than any of my previous inline skates.

I was just wondering if any of you have looked into or have changed the color of your chassis (Standard metal chassis) wanting to make mine black or something but don't want flaking paint every time a puck hits them.
Any help or ideas would be great, Cheers!

I currently use my old vapor XXXX converted to marsblade for hockey in the park on concrete or asphalt and do the occasional city skate on it. But they are wearing out.

The outers on the newer high end bauers look like they'd get shreded on the street or concrete. Are there any newer high end stiffer boots that have a tougher outer like the XXXX did?

Edited by Greg25

I am a big proponent of sticking with skates that fit, so I'm mainly gonna talk about Bauer Vapor in your case. So the material your XXXX had was Tech-Mesh, which was on the top model until the x:60. Then it was available on the second-tier (x7.0) to the APX which already featured Curve composite. The completely different cut Nexus had Tech Mesh on the top skate for a little longer, but also made the switch to Curve. If you take a look at the Bauer Roller skates, you can see that they essentially added more wear guards / bumpers to their ice skates to make the suitable for outdoor play.

Last season I took some Kydex (thermoformable plastic sheet), heated it up and glued it to the high wear areas of my APX skates - it held up nicely (especially in area where the toe-cap and the boot meet) and will most likely extend the life of the boot by quite a bit. Others on this forum have added multiple layers of 2 component epoxy as "bumpers" to the same area for wear protection.
However, I only covered the regular high wear areas, so if I was to take a high speed spill / slide the boot might come into contact with asphalt in other areas as-well. If you are concerned about something like this (rather than usual wear and tear), you might consider covering the entire side of the boot with Kydex (kind of like a shotblocker would be mounted) or b) switching to a different boot.