Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

@Miller55, I definitely have the newer A6X (just called the A6, but the X was used before the launch). I used to have the OG A6 and the new rocker arms are way more durable than the old ones, but the front part of the chassis itself eventually gets friction wear if you don't clean it all the time. It may take several years for some people, but I was reffing a few nights a week and some tournaments on them, in addition to playing at least once a week, so I probably put more wear on them than the average person. The A6X on my OG Makos probably saw 3 years of use and now are quite loose where the front rocker arms are installed (they easily move back and forth by hand). The ones on the M7 were only used for about a year before everything shut down due to COVID and are still quite snug.

I think using the R1's outside and saving the Sprungs for indoor play is a good plan.

I'm glad to hear that Keith is still working on the Fizix chassis and I hope they're mass produced sooner rather than later. I agree that those on a monocoque boot would be amazing. I'd definitely order them. 

Edited by althoma1
  • Like 1

Yeah I read that in the old Sprung thread. I use a can of dust off to blow out the dirt after every game, and I take them apart to clean every season of indoor. Not terrible to maintain imo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Beauties! How are those Pure-X treating you?

I like them, the degradation seems to be infinitely better than the last two sets of wheels I ran (revision flex, labeda grippers).

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 11:26 PM, Miller55 said:

Wow those are way better looking than hyper lites

Thanks, it’s kinda why I chose them. Although I would’ve wanted to try the hyperflex outsole I’m really happy with these after 2 months of playing in them. 

• Like 1

Working on my first conversion and looking for some feedback. I think I mounted the chassis too far back on the boot and off set from center. It's a size 6 boot so I had to trim the tnuts to fit in the rear mounting holes, hopefully they will have enough a hold back there.

I'm a little hesitant to turn the holes into slots to move the chassis up. Would that weaken the boot too much? If I mount it as is will it affect balance and skating technique very much?

Imgur link wouldn't embed photos into my post so here's the link: Pics

On 5/6/2021 at 10:43 PM, Westside said:

Jumped on a deal for TF9s a few months back and put the R1s on them. Having been a Bauer guy for the last decade, I see what the True hype is about. Absolutely love these skates and how they feel. Seriously contemplating buying another pair and swapping out Tuuk holders for ice. 

DSCF4240-vi.jpg

An outdoor rink near me has had steady pickup roller going on recently and now that I'm vaccinated I've been trying to drop by more often. I normally play on rough asphalt and those wheels didn't offer enough grip. Got sick of swapping all the wheels back and forth every few days so decided to pick up an extra chassis making the swap so much easier/faster! 

What did you think of the TF9 sizing? I’m a 9.5 length in Bauer but I’m contemplating getting a size 9 TF9 for my ice skates after hearing what other people have said 

16 minutes ago, moonrockticktock said:

What did you think of the TF9 sizing? I’m a 9.5 length in Bauer but I’m contemplating getting a size 9 TF9 for my ice skates after hearing what other people have said 

Definitely at least half size down, but the sizing is very different so best is to try them on. I'm a 9E in Supremes and wear 8.5R TF9, could probably do 8R or 8W for a "performance" fit, but I prefer the comfort. I also don't pass the pencil test in TF9s, but don't have lace bite (only skates I do pass the pencil test in are Nexus and Tour). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moonrockticktock said:

I scan as a 7.5 Fit 3 Bauer and wear 8EE Makos. When I tried TF9 skates,  8W was clearly too big,  7.5W felt like the right size before baking and 7W was really hard to get my foot in and my toes were hard against the cap. I still went with the 7W, after baking they still felt a bit short, but after about 10 hours of skating,  I was glad I went with the 7W vs. 7.5W.

So, I would try them on, but keep in mind that the right size should feel too small before baking.  If they feel like the right size before baking, they'll likely be too large after baking and break in. A half size down from Bauer is a good starting point,  but every foot is different. 

Edited by althoma1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, moonrockticktock said:

As others have said, I went down 1/2 size from Bauer. Pre-bake my feet barely fit in the boot and I thought there was no way these were going to fit. Post bake they fit absolutely perfect. After a season of play they’ve opened up slightly but not enough that I would have been able to drop an additional 1/2 size. 

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clw17CfLmk3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clw17CfLmk3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

These are my ultrasonics with all the gold either scraped off safely with a cheese knife or sharpied elsewhere. 
chassis are 80/76mm Graf quick turn 40’s that are only 2g heavier than hi lo krypto chassis at 1/5 of the price (172g each when I weighed them myself)

Edited by Point Man For The Devil