Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

All you need is a chassis, wheels and bearing. you can probably get them from your LHS but if not, online retails have them too. I think you'll probably need a medium chassis.... not 100% though so can someone confirm this?

Chassis

Wheels

bearings

size 10 can be a grey area, some are medium and some are long. If you really want to get a setup, I'd say the easiest way is to send them directly to Tour for their 98 dollar offer:

Tour Hockey

img06805zx.jpg

Those things are Crazy! I loved the Fish Bones they were so comfortable. Ill post a pic of my Custom skates once I upload the pics on to the computer.

yeah they are, i bought my first pair (with the redline chassis) for like 90 bucks at hockeygiant, they were SOOO comfortable, extra good for me b/c i have flat and wide feet.

anyways, i found out that hockeygiant had just the boot for sale, and i picked up 2 more pairs (boot only). So these are one of them and mailed them back to Tour to have them retrofitted to the Hum'ers. I still have another brand new pair of fishbones still without any rivot holes in em.

I can't wait till roller hockey season so i can try the Hum'er set up. *hopefully* i'll be able to adjust as i've been using Hi-Lo's since i can remember.

7627skate25.jpg

Just something I made up the other day

Swiss made 705 Grafs

Hummer chassis

Rinkrat Hornet wheels

Mission Ceramic bearings

Edited by malcb33

I'm going to try picture tiger or photo bucket to post some pics sometime later this week but these are my favorites to date.....

CCM 655 Super RH Tacks with a Sherwood E-Frame (switched from Sure-Grip)

CCM 552 Super Tacks with a Sherwood E-Frame (converted from ice)

Both frames mounted with T-nuts and bolts like Sprungster mounts the Sprung chassis after filling existing holes with two part epoxy. I like this technique. Its fairly simple, looks clean and you save some money.

Rick Henry

I have Ignite 1's w/ Sprung chassis. Ignite 1's w Tuuk Rocker. Ignite 1's w/ Labeda Sensor. Also have like 5 sets of Sensor chassis and 1 Pro Extreme.

72-76-80-80 <-- Doesn't that give a huge forward lean?

Not really. I have noticed a slight lean due to previously using an all 80 set-up but I cant say Ive noticed anything out of the ordinary.

A friend who has the same setup as me was speaking to a Tour rep recently and he actually said that the Hummer chassis is designed to use either a 80-80-80-80 setup or a 72-76-80-80 setup so it can't that unusual.

Edited by Clark12

I take it you don't have all-80's because that requires dremeling the boot to make the wheels fit.

And on the topic of that, Would useing the Mission Vanguard Hi-lo Mg chassis (from the wicked 1) on a iceboot require you to dremel the boot or can you fit all the wheels on it?

Remember the Easton1500c/Vanguard Mg conversion posted on here, and he couldn't use 76mm wheels because they would rub the outsole of the boot.

I think you can fit the vanguard frame on the most ice boots tha have a bit of a groove already...my 9k's have and inner groove and from looking at it 76mm's will fit without dremmeling it. I think bauers/nike also have a bit of a groove in middle as well, I dont think the 1500's has that. I'm waiting for the xxxx to come out and will put mu vanguard frames on it.

This may sound stupid but how can you use a Hummer chassis with the 80,80,76,72 setup and have all four wheels on the playing surface? Or do the wheels eventually wear down to the point where the chassis/wheels ride flat?

Rick Henry

yea, it doesnt really make sense if an all 80 gives you a neutral pitch (assuming) then wouldnt 72 76 80 80 give you a huge lean forward...4mm of lean?

It's almost like an exaggerated One-Up. You'll be skating on three wheels on your toes, since the 4mm differences in diameter (2mm to radius/height off of ground) will make a straight line. When stopping, you'll be on the back two.

It actually appears to be a pretty good idea. The skate rocks back and forth on the 3rd wheel from the toe.