Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Yes but would he not be faster with all four wheels on the floor? Also how does going from forward to backwards feel on a frame meant for all 80’s when you have a setup of 72-76-80-80? I remember at one time I skated on my sensors with a 72-72-80-80 setup and it was throwing me off so I went back to what it was meant to be.

I don't think any dremmeling was required. The picture may just be at a skewed angle. The E-Frame is made to be mounted on any boot that is either flat or recessed. Unless you've seen a boot that protrudes on the outsole, there should be no need to dremmel unless you are messing with wheel sizes or using a chassis on which the wheels are meant to protrude over the mounting bases.

This may sound stupid but how can you use a Hummer chassis with the 80,80,76,72 setup and have all four wheels on the playing surface? Or do the wheels eventually wear down to the point where the chassis/wheels ride flat?

A 80,80,76,72 setup on the hummer is the only combination other than all 80s where all the wheels touch the ground. They they dont touch by much, but they all defintely touch.

wouldn't that give you a lot of wheel slip?

Never thought of that, could go a long way to explaining me slipping more frequently when stopping.

Yes but would he not be faster with all four wheels on the floor? Also how does going from forward to backwards feel on a frame meant for all 80’s when you have a setup of 72-76-80-80? I remember at one time I skated on my sensors with a 72-72-80-80 setup and it was throwing me off so I went back to what it was meant to be.

I actually find it alot easier to pivot with 72-76-80-80 than I did with an all 80 set-up.

I understand that my setup may not be everyones cup of tea but Im comfortable skating with it and I think at the end of the day thats all that really matters.

Yes but would he not be faster with all four wheels on the floor?

Hmmm...why is that? I know it's true, not questioning it, but why? wouldn't there be less friction? I know speed ice skates have something special (no idea what it's called) that keeps the blade on the ice longer.

The weight is distributed across all of the wheels, balancing out the pressure and friction on the wheels and bearings, allowing the wheels to retain more of their original shape, and for the bearings to carry less of a load.

Yes but would he not be faster with all four wheels on the floor?

Hmmm...why is that? I know it's true, not questioning it, but why? wouldn't there be less friction? I know speed ice skates have something special (no idea what it's called) that keeps the blade on the ice longer.

They are called Clap Skates, they have a spring on the chassis that allows the blade to stay down. I've seen them before, but not 100% sure guys.

They pretty much broke all world records after that skate came out.

Must be annoying to have been the best skater of your time and holder of a world record, and the only reason it got beat was because of the skates...

They pretty much broke all world records after that skate came out.

Must be annoying to have been the best skater of your time and holder of a world record, and the only reason it got beat was because of the skates...

l7sbkc8.th.jpgl7sbtmwx8.th.jpg

Mission L7s with Sprung Chassis. I haven't really used these yet as I just got them mounted (picked them up from the LHS today), the roller season here doesn't start until May and the weather really isn't suitable for skating outside right now, but I'm looking forward to using them. I'm going to pick up a few more 80a Rink Rat wheels for them...I was using the Tuuk Rocker last year (mounted on a pair of Nike VForce boots..they'll now be a backup pair unless I don't like the new setup for some reason) and have some 72mm 80a's that I was mixing with the 76mm 80a's, but the Sprung uses all 76mm wheels so I'm short a couple which is why I've used the 76a red wheels at the front for now.

Edited by althoma1

l7sbkc8.th.jpgl7sbtmwx8.th.jpg

Mission L7s with Sprung Chassis. I haven't really used these yet as I just got them mounted (picked them up from the LHS today), the roller season here doesn't start until May and the weather really isn't suitable for skating outside right now, but I'm looking forward to using them. I'm going to pick up a few more 80a Rink Rat wheels for them...I was using the Tuuk Rocker last year (mounted on a pair of Nike VForce boots..they'll now be a backup pair unless I don't like the new setup for some reason) and have some 72mm 80a's that I was mixing with the 76mm 80a's, but the Srung uses all 76mm wheels so I'm short a couple which is why I've used the 76a red wheels at the front for now.

I am really liking these. That's a really nice combination. It's almost like the white parts on the skate match the chassis.

I am really liking these. That's a really nice combination. It's almost like the white parts on the skate match the chassis.

Thanks...I like that too. They'd look even better with some all silver or black wheels. That way the white chassis would match with the white accents in the boot and the wheels would compliment the silver or black...the silver would also make it similar to a steel ice blade. However, I do like the Rink Rats for Sport Court after trying them last year (started out with a durometer that was too soft for my size and had a couple wheels crack off the hub, however Rink Rat customer service was great and warrantied those wheels with a harder set)so unless Rink Rat changes there colour scheme or I find something equally good it's probably going to be all Yellow and Silver 80a MB816s or Yellow and Silver Hot Shots (I do have 4 80a 76mm Hot Shots, but don't have a full set of 76mm indoor wheels in any one colour..only outdoor wheels).

If you could somehow find the RR MB816 wheels used on the wicked ones, you would have one great set up

If you could somehow find the RR MB816 wheels used on the wicked ones, you would have one great set up

The Wicked 1s (not an ice boot in an ice boot moment) skated great at W. Covina using Genesis wheels. Totally reliable and predictable. Laced tight to the instep and tied off, leaving the top three eyelets open. Solid.

The (very inexpensive) Tours are like super stiff Chucks. They're four ounces less per boot than the Wickeds. Laced up tight, like the old school boots they resemble so much, they allow a lot of use of your feet. Hardcore sprinting crossovers on the front two wheels of the skates. With two pairs of socks, the puck hits didn't do damage. Also on Genesis wheels. Light and Wild.

The ice 7K Pumps are a good example of better boot for the buck. These are great boots with just the right amount of give at the top around the cuff, so there's no dig. They're Stiff, Light and Comfortable.

The 70s are as stiff as the Wickeds and RBKs, yet still feel sort of like the Tours. Wowsers.

The Grafs fit me and I still sent them off to their rightful owner. Tough moment.

The Fuels were great right of the box.

I had a bunch of Flys. My first test boot after the Externos. Everybody used them for two years and they're still out there.

Wicked1s2.jpgTourF9Sprung.jpg

JouquinP7Sprungs.jpg

17Alloy3.jpgGraf.jpg

MissionFuel85.jpgmissionfly.jpg