Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

nice, the new revision wheels

they are not the new ones thos are the older models.

I just did two hours out of the box on my new Vapor XVI's with the large, A80 Sprung chassis, without a pink spot. Zero break-in time. They're more comfortable than my street shoes. I'll get a picture up tonight if I can.

This is the best skate frame I've been on, and I've had the privilege of being on all of the Sprungs first. So this is a good one, for sure.

In the next few days I'll have some of the best players in the world on them. Then we'll really know.

The boot is so good that I have to wonder what the XXX's and XXXX's are like.

I tried on the XXXX's a few days ago, I was not a fan one bit. Instantly feel in love with the ONE90's and Synergy 1200's. Both very comfy out of the box. Im really tempted to buy both and let the best one that win's get converted via Sprungs. My old A6 closeouts are still roll'n and rock'n hard. Tonight was the 1st night the really felt like they were doing everything 100% they are supposed to.

PS: The A6's are moved from my Mission 1500 boots to my Bauer XR's. What a difference the change makes!

So here's my new size 10 Vapor XVI's with the large prototype. This is my favorite conversion yet. We're going to try them on a 9.5 of the same boot to see how it works.

VaporXVIA80.jpg

Aussie Joe, I just ordered a pair of SyNergy 1200c's and you're not lying, probably the most comfortable boot out of the box I have ever worn. If I don't end up using them for ice as much as I expect (just doing some coaching and beer league) I'm going to convert them to roller and see how fantastic they'd be for roller.

Has anyone here skated religiously on converted SyNergy's? I have a pair of "custom" pro-ordered 1200c's from a junior team that I picked up on eBay brand new for about $150 that I was going to originally use to help coach my high school hockey team this year but now I have class at the same time as their practice so I'm seriously thinking about converting them for roller now.

If so, what chassis do you find to be the best to compliment the light weight of the boot and personally what chassis/bearings/wheels would you put on them?

Thanks for the help and advice, just looking for some ideas and suggestions.

Does anyone know if the Humm'er will work? Also, I've read with the option of obviously using the all 80mm wheel setup, that you can run straight 76mm and straight 72mm, if using another setup other than the all 80 would I still need to dremmel? (If so, how extensive is the dremmeling process?)

Thanks for any help!

Edited by D-MaN88

I have converted Synergys and I have some random Easton chassis on them and they fit and work just fine. Not light or anything but it doesn't really matter to me. Got them for like 30 bucks on HockeyWorld. I don't see the hype in chassis. Damn Hyper wheels ain't lasting me either.

I've got a Sherwood Eframe in size medium if you are interested. They are essentially the same as the Redstar ones, just a different colour. Only used sparingly twice.