Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

what chasis do you want? your lhs can do it for you and a chasis is going to be around 100ish and about 50ish for rivets.

Dont care what kind of chassis really. Ive looked online and it was hard to find them for sale.

i dont think iw is gunna ship to germany lol.

They got all I need and they do ship to Germany but at 4 times the usual rate. :rolleyes:

what chasis do you want? your lhs can do it for you and a chasis is going to be around 100ish and about 50ish for rivets.

Dont care what kind of chassis really. Ive looked online and it was hard to find them for sale.

there is the hummer chasis which is all 80mm wheels the mission vanguard which is 2 76mm in the front and 2 80mm in the back and the sprung chasis which is all 80mm with a ice feel.

there is the hummer chasis which is all 80mm wheels the mission vanguard which is 2 76mm in the front and 2 80mm in the back and the sprung chasis which is all 80mm with a ice feel.

Correction....there is the Sprung A6 which is a Sprung straight 76mm chassis, and then the A8 which is the straight 80mm chassis that LI was referring to.

So ive been debating for a while... Do i buy new Tour or Missions, or just convert the XXII's I have that i skate in, say, less than 20 times a year? Ive played Roller my whole life, so would it feel different using an ice boot or just get new skates..

These are roller hockey skates. They came like the picture, then I pulled the ice holders to mount A8's. Then a veteran Sprungster skated around in Joe Noris' S50's with A8's and asked for a pair with the blades still on them to finish out his AAA 19U ice championships. When ice is over, maybe the A8's will go on for his roller season. More likely, he'll keep the S50's for ice and go with the 200's for roller. His dad's also on converted A8's.

S50-10-ice.jpgS200TorspoA8.jpg

Vapor XXVs / Aluminum Vanguards

xxvroller2ig5.th.jpg

Question - I notice what I'd call cutouts in the outsole where I can see like the "insides," almost looking like "styrofoam." (best description I could give.)

Anyone that's had XXVs mounted, does that affect performance in terms of moisture with sweat dripping through or premature breakdown?

Edited by Fury of One

xxvroller2ig5.th.jpg

Question - I notice what I'd call cutouts in the outsole where I can see like the "insides," almost looking like "styrofoam." (best description I could give.)

Anyone that's had XXVs mounted, does that affect performance in terms of moisture with sweat dripping through or premature breakdown?

I mounted a humm'r chassis on my XXV's and i've been skating them for about 7 months now and haven't noticed a problem at all with the area in question.

Enjoy your new skates!

Will have pics later for you guys but I dropped my new pair of XXX boots off at the LHS today to be converted on some black MG Vanguards with some brand new hyper trinities and swiss bearings.

Should have pics up Wednesday after I pick them up.

xxvroller2ig5.th.jpg

I'm going to drop my XXV's off this week to be mounted with MG Vanguards. From what I've been told by others with the same setup, they haven't had any issues.

ccm tacks size 7.5 would be a size small in redstar e-frame chassis?

It should be. I just recently had a small RedStar E-Frame mounted on a 7.5 Bauer Supreme 5000 boot.

Should work fine now. Not the best picture but still decent. If anyone wants anymore let me know and I can upload some more.

Edited by D-MaN88

I think the Vapor series is the most common NBH boot in roller hockey. That means they convert fairly easily to most frames. They're very comfortable, very stiff and very light, with a good strong outsole that tends to not sag on the outside where the roller frames don't support it much. It helps if they fit your feet, however.

My size 10 XVI's were inexpensive and don't have the better liner and tongue, but they are awesome boots, just the same, and make great roller hockey skates.

VaporXVIA80.jpg

Sprungster I completely agree. This is my 2nd set of Vapor boots I've converted, the first being a pair of Vapor XXs. They are really the only boot I've found to fit me that doesn't hurt. With that, the plus of them being light and pretty damn stiff I think they great conversion skates. I just liked how the design of the boot and the Vanguard went together. I wish the Trinity wheels came in black or white, but I could care less about the lime green. They are by far the best wheels I've used to date.

I'd eventually like to get set up on a pair of XXXXs but that will probably be my next project once these wear out.

I need to give the new Sprungs a shot though, the first gen for some reason I felt weren't sturdy enough for how hard I skate. I'll probably be buying a set in the near future to try on my Wicked 1s.

Hey everyone, I am converting a pair of Graf 709's and putting Mission Penetrator chassis on them; I'll post photos when I am done.

FYI - I am going to have a VERY lightly-worn pair of Mission Proto VI boots to get rid of (Size 8.5); if anyone is interested in buying them cheap, let me know.

Yes, the Proto VI was a 2001 model skate, but I got them brand new recently and they were a bit too narrow for my fat foot.

Thanks! Go Pens!!!