Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Just a question....

I've been trying to decide on some new skates for a while now. I currently skate on Easton Z-Air's with a tour chassis. I really like the new Easton composites. I was thinking about putting the Labeda Hum'r chassis on it, but after reading your thoughts on certain boot/chassis combinations I thought I would see what you guys think. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Its really hard to do 5hole. You need to make sure you have a VERY experienced person with a dremel mount your chassis. I have done countless mounts, and I still would be nervous to do it myself. Personally, you are better off going with a vanguard, or any other hi-lo chassis. Its alot easier, and the person mounting will be less likely to fuck it up.

Frisbee,

What is so different about the Hum'r chassis that makes it harder to mount? I currently skate on a hi-lo now so it wouldn't be a problem for me to go with a hi-lo. Just curious as to what makes it different. Also, if I went with a hi-lo instead would it work with a Easton composite boot?

Frisbee,

What is so different about the Hum'r chassis that makes it harder to mount? I currently skate on a hi-lo now so it wouldn't be a problem for me to go with a hi-lo. Just curious as to what makes it different. Also, if I went with a hi-lo instead would it work with a Easton composite boot?

the front 2 wheels do not fit without removing some material (dremel ) . If you want all 80mm wheels pick up a pair of sprungs.

Which is exactly what i wanted to do with these (hummer), but i'll settle for a final factor frame:

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Absolutely amazing feel on them!

Edited by Lufria

Patriotism FTW

roadrunners, the point of the hum'r chassis is that it gives you all 80s with a lower center of gravity. (one of the best things about hi-los when they came out was the ability for a lower center of gravity, which adds stability) Adding spacers between the frame and boot would raise your center of gravity, reducing stability.

Love your patrioticness. (made that word up)

haha, served for 3 years in the Army. Me on the right.

n500070381_25_8257.jpg

As for the spacers - wouldn't that change the whole concept of keeping the wheels in a straight chassis?

Edited by Lufria

These are eye candy that cook into foot candy. They were an easy mount after I removed and reversed the star rivets that hold the foot bed insets in place. That way only the heads are on the sole instead of really big star rivet blossoms sticking up front and rear. And the star end of the rivets hold the insets in much more firmly. The two rivets at the tip of the toe help hold the toe cap area together. None of the rivet heads were in the way at all.

They have a tongue that's as good as the Rolling Stones, and the pitch is way good, too.

I've skated happy in the house, which is usually a very good sign. On the rink this week sometime. :) :) :)

10-5Kor-A8.jpg

Anybody know where to get some Flat (non-Hi-lo, non-hummer) frames that aren't too bad. I've been on Hi-lo's since they came out, but want to try the flat frames again. Think this is a good idea?

Anybody know where to get some Flat (non-Hi-lo, non-hummer) frames that aren't too bad. I've been on Hi-lo's since they came out, but want to try the flat frames again. Think this is a good idea?

I'd recommend the sprung chassis (pictured above) if your looking for a flat frame. They're in either all 76mm or 80mm wheels.

Hes in this thread daily. If not heres his email:

Keith@sprunghockey.com

It's keith@sprung-inline.com

And yeah, what rink do you play at? I'm pretty much at all of them sometime.

WARNING: PERSONAL AREA.

MANY SoCalites grew up watching Sprungs being developed and and are unable to get past six or seven versions ago, when they broke all the time..... on way excellent players, however. Not a BIG NAME BRAND, either. Also, I'd say the sales ratio of Michigan to California in general is probably 5-1. They are turning up at local tournaments mostly on out-of-state teams. And a few new local Juniors players who have always been on them.

We were just asked to send enough pairs for two specific, complete European national teams. We have one player on Team USA... and the coach, Joe Noris, my partner.

I think the Kor/A8 is a perfect example of the late ice age meets global warming. Southern California (and US) roller hockey is sort of like the original exclusive paradise island and all the stars are here and nobody quite believes there's a billion excellent ice hockey/roller hockey players heading for their island.

There, I feel better! :rolleyes:

Let me know where you are and you can totally test them.

Anyone know a quick solution for padding or something to buffer the star rivets on the soles? The insoles on my Vapor XXVs have become worn in and now I can kinda feel 'em through the insoles. I was thinking cardboard but that could get messy given the moisture. Maybe a couple strips of tape? I already know, get new insoles. :rolleyes: Just lookin' for a quick fix.

Anyone know a quick solution for padding or something to buffer the star rivets on the soles? The insoles on my Vapor XXVs have become worn in and now I can kinda feel 'em through the insoles. I was thinking cardboard but that could get messy given the moisture. Maybe a couple strips of tape? I already know, get new insoles. :rolleyes: Just lookin' for a quick fix.

i taped part of an old lace i cut up to the parts of the insole that were in contact with the rivets

worked a treat i cant feel the lace or the rivets :rolleyes: