Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

So I've finally converted one of my favourite boots of all time. What a difference it makes switching from the XR to the XX. I can feel the difference in weight and support. Skated two games out with them on Sunday and they were great. I maybe converting some more Aussies to the Sprung trend as well.

Special thanks to Rhys for the mount job.

PS: Luke, Matt; can't wait to kick these out at Silver Cup.

13102008258.jpg

The boots are worn, but still fly as good as the day they left the Canadian factory.

13102008260.jpg

Puck view.

13102008261.jpg

My little custom touch, ONE90 footbeds.

Not that much, 30-50 bucks depending on the job/time required. Its worth it as Rhys is very good at what he does.

In saying all that my next pair will no doubt be a brand new pair of skates, sent to Keith for a mount of new Sprungs. Thats probably a good year off.

Edited by Aussie Joe

I think black laces with white tracers would look good on those skates.

IMO, Black laces look good on all skates ;)

Definatly good looking skates though sowman, they must be pretty darn light.

EDIT: 200th post :P

Edited by Bender

just got these done over the weekend . nobody wanted to buy them so i made myself a new pair of skates

HPIM0768.jpg

I've always liked the XXXX's. Nice set up.

I apologize if this is a bit off topic...I'm looking to mount a set of Labeda Hummers on some CCM 992 Super Tacks.

Does anyone know if the dremel'ing process needs to be done prior to mounting the chassis, or if it can be done sufficiently after the chassis is mounted?

Second, does anyone have a shop that they recommend for taking off an ice blade holder and mounting chassis in the Los Angeles/Orange County area?

The boot is just sitting on the chassis but this is going to be my new set-up but with an A-8 Sprung frame.

Rick Henry

2gy11y9.jpg

I still have the Tacks for sure. Everything I have converted to Sprungs I did with T-Nuts and bolts so I can take the chassis off and put it on something else then put it back on whenever I want. I have like 4 sets of skates with the T-Nuts still in place and no chassis so all I have to do is switch the Sprungs from one boot to another. Still gotta love those Tacks......

Rick