Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

what size chassis did you use?

Medium, the boot is right on the bubble between a small and a medium. I went with the medium, mostly because mentally I didn't like the idea of a small.

I skated on them last night and the longer chassis didn't affect my skating whatsoever. Skates were faster though I think that is more do to weight.

what size chassis did you use?

Medium, the boot is right on the bubble between a small and a medium. I went with the medium, mostly because mentally I didn't like the idea of a small.

I skated on them last night and the longer chassis didn't affect my skating whatsoever. Skates were faster though I think that is more do to weight.

What size boot did you put that medium chassis on??? I also have an 8.5 boot that i'm lookin for a chassis for

they're an 8 i think

look at the tongue.

Good call their an 8EE.

I know technically they should have a small chassis as mission mediums start at a 9, but I had the chassis lying around and figured they would work. I wish I knew the differences in length between the small and medium as it would really help.

Edited by Johnny Law

Good call their an 8EE.

I know technically they should have a small chassis as mission mediums start at a 9, but I had the chassis lying around and figured they would work. I wish I knew the differences in length between the small and medium as it would really help.

From the picture of your skates, I can't imagine a small chassis has a shorter wheel base at all as there is not much room between your wheels. I would guess, the difference between a small and medium would be where the mounting points are. Does that make sense? FYI, I know that the small Vanguard chassis on the Soldier series skate uses the 80/76mm combination. Good luck!

By the way, the skates look great...I think the medium chassis was the right call.

Edited by Makoto

From the picture of your skates, I can't imagine a small chassis has a shorter wheel base at all as there is not much room between your wheels. I would guess, the difference between a small and medium would be where the mounting points are. Does that make sense? FYI, I know that the small Vanguard chassis on the Soldier series skate uses the 80/76mm combination. Good luck!

By the way, the skates look great...I think the medium chassis was the right call.

Thanks, my thoughts mirror yours about the mounting points being different as I couldn't think of a way in which they could make any of the other dimensions smaller.

After much flip flopping, I had these mounted over the weekend...

They look good man, I like the traditional look of the Tacks. Nice choice

Thanks. Now I just have to find some rink time to break them in and try out the Hum'er chassis set up.

whats up with the rivets going through outsole only? infront of the chassis and appears to be one behind the chassis on the heel. trying to duplicate what TOUR does on their skates? hopin to increase outsole rigidy?

whats up with the rivets going through outsole only? infront of the chassis and appears to be one behind the chassis on the heel. trying to duplicate what TOUR does on their skates? hopin to increase outsole rigidy?

yes, to prevent the outsoles being broken off.

I made an effort to make a perfect custom skates.

xxxx.jpg

I can't remember, but seem to recall there were some problems with converting Bauer skates due to the outsole.

But is this only the case for One90's, i.e. are there no problem with converting Vapors?

I can't remember, but seem to recall there were some problems with converting Bauer skates due to the outsole.

But is this only the case for One90's, i.e. are there no problem with converting Vapors?

I see a lot of converted Vapor boots at my local roller rink and none of them seem to have any problems.

xxxx boots with hummer chassis.

it's a very ordinary combination.

but I really like these strong and durable skates.

Fantastic combination. Great boot and a nice chassis.

the place i got my vapors done the guy did the exact same thing plugged the holes and put plastic over the middle to close of the open areas of the skate plus i told him to put on copper rivets for more strength ...the skates came out perfect and they are holding up great

yes, to prevent the outsoles being broken off.

I made an effort to make a perfect custom skates.

xxxx.jpg

What did you use to fill the large holes??? epoxy???

yes. epoxy is the best.

Could you put the hummers on a pair of one95 or synergy skates, b/c they are more unibody design would cutting into the outsole do major structural weakening?

Actually, the dimension of the boring parts is little.

If there are big holes on the outsoles of the one95 skates as xxxx, you can use epoxy to strengthen the outsoles.

Could you put the hummers on a pair of one95 or synergy skates, b/c they are more unibody design would cutting into the outsole do major structural weakening?

Previous post...

008.jpg

if that doesnt work let me know

I can't attest to whether or not Synergy's are condusive, but I would imagine that you could convert them with some time and money...

A friend of mine had his hummr's put on his synergys and instead of taking away material in the outsole they put some small copper washers between the front of the chassis and the outsole.

Could not stand the tri-di set up. Looks funny with chrome boot and Mission Hi-Lo Penetrator gold chassis :blink: .

V10customskate.jpg

Had more copper rivets installed so I wouldn't rip them out when playing on sport court :angry: . Kind of a big guy and tough on my skates.

V10customskate1.jpg

bottome view

V10customskate2.jpg

Edited by Ground Zero