Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

They definately look sick. I have 2 pairs of ZG 130s for ice and that extra pair of vector pros so you could say I am a bit of a fan of that boot!

Edited by matix218

sorry for the crappy picture, but my DSLR is at my other home.

img00009r.jpg

Question: Does the chassis look way too big? It felt like the wheelbase was way too much at the toe. Stupid LHS mounted it anyway, when I told them to call me before they did it.

Also, Mission says their size S vanguard should fit a size 5 Easton skate, but judging by my skates, its not a very good estimate. Now I have to hunt down a junior large chassis :angry:

Blast my tiny feet.

edit: those are 72/-/76/76 wheels. I'm not even using the 76/80 setup for the vanguard in that picture.

Edited by k13

Yeah that frame is way too big for the boot.

Wheel placements looks a little too forward as well, but I'm guessing they simply couldn't get the mounting plate to fit any further back if they tried to, due to the wrong chassis size.

it might look better with the proper sized wheels?

nope. Wheelbase is just too big. Getting a junior frame put on it this week.

sorry for noob question,

but does having a skateboot converted into inline have a lot more durability? i have a pair of mission assassins that have like melted pieces of plastic on it from dragging my foot and stopping. I was wondering how would skate boots hold up?

I'm on the urge of getting a skate converted.

Thanks

the scuff guards are on inline boots for those very reasons, an ice boot would have holes through the boot in those spots. The assassins are solid boots, you should be fine

i was thinking about replacing the missions because they hurt my feet. I have the NBH supreme comp skates and they fit like a glove. So i was leaning towards the idea of buying that boot and having it converted into roller. My LHS said they would take the same skate i had bought from them and help me convert it free of charge + i just need to buy a chassis for roller. It seems like a good deal.

But having the idea of getting holes from dragging the skate kinda worries me now. Maybe i could change my skating style to avoid that :huh:

It's Kind of hard to avoid the sought of wear on your skates, but there are things you can put on the high wear areas of your skates to help slow down the process. Unfortunatly I can't find a link but apparently one of the speed companys sell little pads you glue on which I believe are a similar material to the old abrasion pads that mission used (that black slightly roughly textured stuff). Otherwise you can use a resin/epoxy, some thick glue such as shoe goo or similar etc. if one thing doesn't work it's pretty easy to try something else out.

Finally got them fixed up.

Crappy Junior chassis though. Crappy wheels for now too. :(

img0127d.jpg

BTW - if anyone is interested, I have a pair of Small Vanguards for sale in the FS forum.

Those frames look way nicer in colour and size than the "small" ones you had on it before, although it does look like they could be mounted a little further back?

Those frames look way nicer in colour and size than the "small" ones you had on it before, although it does look like they could be mounted a little further back?

I thought the same thing too, but the difference is minimal, and the heel of the boot is a war zone with holes already.

If only I could get my hands on some T-nuts, then I would have done the mount properly myself! :angry:

thanks for the replies.

I'll just get some TOE PRO goo and smudge it all over the boot haha.

use some two-part epoxy from the hardware store, you can layer it up as it dries and get some patches on there

K13, your skates look really good.

Def way better fit then the other chassis.

I should have my conversion posted up soon. Black Nike Air Accel Elites with Black Vanguards (non magnesium due to rediculous weight of the boot to begin with, i figured why bother because they will still be a heavy skate even with magnesium chassis).

K13, your skates look really good.

Def way better fit then the other chassis.

I should have my conversion posted up soon. Black Nike Air Accel Elites with Black Vanguards (non magnesium due to rediculous weight of the boot to begin with, i figured why bother because they will still be a heavy skate even with magnesium chassis).

Thanks,

If i could get a hold of some t-nuts and bolts (no idea from where), I'll probably remount them a bit further back myself. The LHS's around here do some shotty work. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

If i could get a hold of some t-nuts and bolts (no idea from where), I'll probably remount them a bit further back myself. The LHS's around here do some shotty work. :unsure:

Can you not order them from McMaster's website? Do they not ship to Canada?

McMaster-Carr

Hey k13, just out of curiosity, what kind of camera did you take that pic with, looks really good.

Canon Rebel XTi w/ a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens.

Thanks,

If i could get a hold of some t-nuts and bolts (no idea from where), I'll probably remount them a bit further back myself. The LHS's around here do some shotty work. :angry:

Can you not order them from McMaster's website? Do they not ship to Canada?

McMaster-Carr

No idea. Taking a look now, but I don't really need packs of 100 and 50...

Anyone have some extras they want to sell? :unsure:

Most any home repair store will have them. Any place that carries a respectable array of nails, screws, etc will have them.

Checked the Home Depots around here. They only carry much larger sizes.

Most any home repair store will have them. Any place that carries a respectable array of nails, screws, etc will have them.

I checked out Lowe's near me. They wanted over $6.00 for a bag of four tee nuts I believe. And no smaller sizes. I'm placing an order through McMaster for a bag of them along with some black oxide screws and washers. Sucks to have to order that much, but figured I'll be set for when I find a pair of tacks I like to convert. My brother has ordered parts from them before for his goalie equipment and said they were quick to ship and didn't charge an arm and a leg for it.

All 3 Lowes I went to had them. They had them all the way down to 1/16". They're in the baggies hanging on the peghooks and were only like $1.00 for a bag of 2.