Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

i'm looking to convert a pair of nike skates to inline , and just bought a bunch of chassis (lot sale on ebay LOL) .. and looks like i'll be able to use TUUK rockers ..what size wheel configuration these run ?

i'll be going back to europe and the surface of "choice " ( not other option :P ) is asphalt . i've always played ice , and it's what i know best. what you guys recommend as far as wheel configuration ? i only skated couple times on roller when i was young and i hated it , bc they were cheap and very different than ice .

i've played nation team and college hockey ..so i'm not too bad on ice :P

pleas ehelp me out here -- to feel asphalt as close to ice as possible !

TIA

i'm looking to convert a pair of nike skates to inline , and just bought a bunch of chassis (lot sale on ebay LOL) .. and looks like i'll be able to use TUUK rockers ..what size wheel configuration these run ?

i'll be going back to europe and the surface of "choice " ( not other option :P ) is asphalt . i've always played ice , and it's what i know best. what you guys recommend as far as wheel configuration ? i only skated couple times on roller when i was young and i hated it , bc they were cheap and very different than ice .

TIA

Maybe Sprung chassis and Labeda Asphalt wheels. ;)

TIA

Maybe Sprung chassis and Labeda Asphalt wheels. ;)

he said he just bought a bunch of chassis..i like the labeda grippers and also the rink rat world cup outdoor since your going to be playing on asphalt they both should last and i also like the feel of them..but im sure somebody else here could help you more then me with the wheel situation

i was really asking about wheel configuration as in sizes of wheels and order .. i don't even know what's the configuration of the chassis i will get .. from the pics some are Tuuk rockers ( what's that back > 72-80-76-76 >front ? no clue) , then some str8 chassis i guess i'd try to run a B-76-80-80-76F ..will that work ? and some mission hi-lo looks like B72-76-72-76F .. you can see that i searched quite a bit as i know nothing about the inline hockey skates and setup :P

Thanks guys !

as far as wheel brands ..i'll just go with what i can afford - some 80-82 outdoor wheels ..

Edited by lemioux12

some caretaker in germany want these. we play alway on gym floors. and so the caretaker told us that the skates make black lines on the floor.

looks like just a fast and easy way to have a scuff gaurd

Good point but I make invisible scuff guards out of glue.

When was the last time you scuffed the heel of the boot?

When I playing in the ISHF Euro Cup in Germany it seemed like more of a fashion thing... People had them on low-end roller boots.

What kind of glue do you use? Do you shape it or just put a good sized glob of glue on there? Probably gonna be doing an ice to inline conversion myself in the next few weeks and this sounds like a good idea.

hello-

I got a pair of x50's and trying to put hummers on them, my lhs wont do it without lifts- can he just dremmel out the hole for the wheel or does it need lifts?

Also do I need lifts in both front and back or just back?

Thanks

hello-

I got a pair of x50's and trying to put hummers on them, my lhs wont do it without lifts- can he just dremmel out the hole for the wheel or does it need lifts?

Also do I need lifts in both front and back or just back?

Thanks

You don't need lifts. You just need to cut about an inch out of the sole to clear the 2nd wheel.

my LHS doesnt want to cut it for the "integrity" of the boot-

Should I just tell him to do it??

Almost everyone I know that runs a Hummer chassis on Vapor boots (pretty common combo) has just dremmeled out enough of the composite outsole to clear the second wheel. None of them have had a problem as a result that I've seen.

Do you guys think this frame is too small? It's not mounted yet obviously.

Red Star E-Frame on Nike Quest 1 ice boot.

photo-1.jpg

Edited by ScottMan

Okay good to know. I'm trying to decide whether to use the Red Star or the Mission that _HSB_b345t graciously sent me (thanks again!). Here's a pic of that one. What do you guys think based on size. Wheels are just props to gauge scale.

photo2.jpg

Edited by ScottMan

They both look fine but, if you ask me, the red star looks like it's a more appropriate size. Personal preference really as to how much you like the wheels sticking out either end. From the first pic it looks like the frame doesn't quite line up with the outsole profile of the boot.... but it's most likely that the outsole will conform to to the frame as it's mounted.