Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Here are mine. Boots are courtesy of eBay, wheels from Inline Warehouse, chassis and mounting by West Side Skate shop and bearings from my old RBK 6k skates (4 years old and rusted but still spin awesome).

IMG00005.jpg

here is a flashback ... did these over the weekend... havent cut the bolts off yet. I was intending to do the mount with Tnuts, but the bolts I had were too long and i didnt have the bolt cutters.

These are just for backups... am currently on sprungs (nothing else will do). You cant see it in this pic, but I've added a 3mm heel lift.

HE950 boots size 9D

mission vanguard Mags

DSCN5229.jpg

Edited by fatwabbit

nope.... my son's old table top... basically a large piece of MDF Board that I put on top of a small table to enlarge the area for him to do his colouring. His mates came over and just coloured everything except the paper...

It now sits on my makeshift workbench in the garage.

The setup is really really light... lightest I've held for a long time.

Plastic clipboard. Its made of pretty sturdy plastic of about 3mm thick. Cut with sharp cutting knife (had to go about a dozen times to halfway, then use a pair of pliers to bend the rest of the way. It comes up pretty good, and the plastic is easy enough to use a file to round the edges or get it to size.

Will try to take better pics of the heel lift, I made a few extra pieces for a sprung mount, but never got them installed when I mounted the sprungs.

Edited by fatwabbit

Alright quick question here, first can the chassis that come on the tour cobalt qs be mounted on nike bauer vapor XVIs without having to dremel or mess with the skates at all? Second how long would you think it would take a shop that does holder changes to do it and will they do it right?

These are just for backups...

<_<

haha... sorry Ben... would it be better to say that someone came over last night to my place and fondled them so much that I told him he needed to buy them?...... and he did.

Alright quick question here, first can the chassis that come on the tour cobalt qs be mounted on nike bauer vapor XVIs without having to dremel or mess with the skates at all? Second how long would you think it would take a shop that does holder changes to do it and will they do it right?

Not sure about the first question, but the second question depends on how busy, or lazy your shop is. My skates were done in about three hours. I dropped em off, went to school, came back and picked em up.

These are just for backups...

<_<

haha... sorry Ben... would it be better to say that someone came over last night to my place and fondled them so much that I told him he needed to buy them?...... and he did.

I swear you've got some kind of deal going on with various hockey companies to get all us aussies great deals on our equipment, just how much $$ are you making on the side :lol:

Jokes aside, I need a new blade. I'll send you a pm

replied...

I dont have any deals going, just good mates in the US (you know who you are!) that help me score some decent gear at reasonable prices. At the end of the day I dont make anything since shipping kills me ... I aint a hockey store or biz, although my garage looks like one with the crap I keep buying.

The kid that picked up the HE950 from me, traded me his One55 skates... on top of that he got these for free: 2 practice jerseys, old elbow pads, and brand new jock...

The chassis alone on the HE950 was the same price as his skates, but I just wanted to help him out since he's just starting to play hockey. Also, some of my old broken sticks are in the hands of younger beginners ...

Edited by fatwabbit

Nice. Can't go wrong with Vapors. I wish they fit my feet right :/

I kind of wish I went with Sprungs, but at the same time, I've been more than happy with my Mag. Vanguards. Looks like I've got a dilemma, ahha!

Finally got my X:60 conversion completed. Got the finishing touches added today, white felt tongues....

4106372104_0ab71c535e_b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic

Edited by Clark12

not trying to hijack the thread but can someone give me a step by step guide on how to take off and replace the wheels on inline hockey skates

Try looking it up on youtube....much easier to see that to explain....Its not hard, just would be easier if you saw it done first.