Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Got to use my One95's with the sprungs for the first time last night. Have to say I love the feel of the sprungs, my only thing is that it is going to take a while to get used to the length of the sprung chassis on that boot. As you can see from the picture above I have about a half-wheel sticking out of the front of the boot and about a quarter in the back. It wasn't a huge issue, just something I'm going to have to get used too. As far as the One95 boot, they were amazing for inline. As someone that has recently been diagnosed with having lax tendons, the stiffness of the one95 is a must for me and really helped my skating. It provided the support that I just couldn't get from my previous CCM V08's

Got to use my One95's with the sprungs for the first time last night. Have to say I love the feel of the sprungs, my only thing is that it is going to take a while to get used to the length of the sprung chassis on that boot. As you can see from the picture above I have about a half-wheel sticking out of the front of the boot and about a quarter in the back. It wasn't a huge issue, just something I'm going to have to get used too. As far as the One95 boot, they were amazing for inline. As someone that has recently been diagnosed with having lax tendons, the stiffness of the one95 is a must for me and really helped my skating. It provided the support that I just couldn't get from my previous CCM V08's

The wheel stick-out is backwards. Probably the 1/4" ("That's not necessary!") mentioned in the instructions. You should have less in front and more in back. You can't use the toes without levering yourself up into the air, and you are behind the rear suspension. While the mounting deal is still on, you can send them to me and I'll fix them for you. I have corrected many many many mounts during my learning curve. Most recently my own X30s which I mounted to far to the outside at first. It can be hard even with the directions if you don't have a frame set up with the front and rear wheels in it to double check everything. I've seen brand new major brand roller boots with no wheel in back and half a wheel in front, like you're supposed put a break on the back or something. It can all be fixed without hurting the boot bottoms or the frames. :)

I've seen brand new major brand roller boots with no wheel in back and half a wheel in front, like you're supposed put a break on the back or something. It can all be fixed without hurting the boot bottoms or the frames. :)

My NikeBauer 's XXVR one up frame mounting is exactly what you've just described. No wheel in back and half a whell in front.

:rolleyes: HOW BAD CAN BE THAT?

Edited by diablo42

The wheel stick-out is backwards. Probably the 1/4" ("That's not necessary!") mentioned in the instructions. You should have less in front and more in back. You can't use the toes without levering yourself up into the air, and you are behind the rear suspension. While the mounting deal is still on, you can send them to me and I'll fix them for you. I have corrected many many many mounts during my learning curve. Most recently my own X30s which I mounted to far to the outside at first. It can be hard even with the directions if you don't have a frame set up with the front and rear wheels in it to double check everything. I've seen brand new major brand roller boots with no wheel in back and half a wheel in front, like you're supposed put a break on the back or something. It can all be fixed without hurting the boot bottoms or the frames. :)

Do I have the same issue? I looked at the rear of the skate and there is no more room to have the chasis moved back any further.

4093775913_c9ce3ea0a6_b.jpg

4093777923_3ed700dd0a.jpg

Edited by ddbowdoin

Do I have the same issue? I looked at the rear of the skate and there is no more room to have the chasis moved back any further.

check out my mount i have equal wheel sticking out back and front and they feel perfect (with a 3/16 heel lift)

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/c...994/sprung3.jpg

check out my mount i have equal wheel sticking out back and front and they feel perfect (with a 3/16 heel lift)

I see what you mean... but I've also noticed that in most pictures people have ample space between the sprungs and and the toe/heels of their skates. I feel like my A7's fit absolutely perfect on a size 8EE skate. You could position your wheels in such a way because you had room to move the chasis back or forward to get them to sit equal. I feel like I bought the wrong size chasis (even though Joe at Sprung said an A7 would fit fine).

yea dude my frame is an A6 on 9D's and i dont think it could fit any better its the perfect size for my boots and i didnt move it 1/4 inch from center like it said in the instructions i eyed it to where it looked correct to me and i guess i was right. only complaint is the flex when crossing over or hard sharp turns the wheels rub the chassis and i've tried alot of wheels same results (i am 240 lbs though) but i love the way they feel like ice skates so i dont care. no other inline frame feels this good

I see what you mean... but I've also noticed that in most pictures people have ample space between the sprungs and and the toe/heels of their skates. I feel like my A7's fit absolutely perfect on a size 8EE skate. You could position your wheels in such a way because you had room to move the chasis back or forward to get them to sit equal. I feel like I bought the wrong size chasis (even though Joe at Sprung said an A7 would fit fine).

There's room for your frames to move back at least 1/4", and further if the two rear holes are drilled inboard a little from the stock mount holes. They can be fixed so they skate much better.

Is there any way I could send these back to you to have them fixed? My local shop told me "theres no way I could drill at an angle, the frame would have no support. we can't do the work if we believe it comprimises your saftey. It leaves us liable for any resulting injury"

I'm sure this was answered, but I'm getting a new CCM U+ ice boot. Should I bake it to my foot right away, or put the inline chassis on it first then bake it?

I would bake the skates after you get them converted.

I think I'm going black laces.

IMG_0060-vi.jpg

what skates did these chassis come off of? or can you buy them seperate

i love the red look, cant seem to find any of these though =\

Hey just become a member and was wondering if anyone can help me out...... I live in the uk and have always bought ice skates and converted them but now i cant get hold of any chassis, my local hockey shop always could get me mission penatrator chassis when i needed them but now he cant, the only chassis avaliable in the uk is one by base and it sucks it is extremly heavy and bulky or there is a tuuk rocker chassis but not to keen on that, otherwise its only if someone sells a pair of skates on ebay cheap and just rip the chassis off but half the time they are in a bad way. No shop in the uk seems to be able to get a chassis so does anyone have any for sale to fit a bauer one95 skate size 9.5 they would like to sell? will pay good money for some. Preferably i would like a red star e frame but beggers cant be choosers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me know pls thanks

there are always some on here for sale. I have a few sets of vanguard and sprung frames, I also have a revision vanquish frame. if you are intrested, PM me