Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

@ skooled

Thanks, I like them. I was basically limited to what the store had (that Mission chassis and that specific wheel) but it works for letting my pit bull drag me around Hollyweird.

I don't remember wheels wearing out so quickly from my old Rollerblade Lightning/Macroblade days... I was even going to put soft wheels on until my buddy at the LHS told me I would literally be flushing money down the toilet.

@fatwabbit: The boots are L 10 C/AAA, R 9/AAA with +1 in the upper. I don;t really know anything about the frame used...

@Aussie Joe: Thanks, although it was a little unintended... I bought my wife a camera + lens for Christmas, and was just goofing around with different apertures, etc.

Ok so I got my skates converted but I'm afraid they might have done them wrong. It seems to me that the chassis is put on crooked but I don't know if that's how its supposed to be. I've played on them twice and I've felt off balance on tight turns. Heres a couple pictures and I can get a different camera if anyone needs super high res shots.

img0077ys.th.jpgimg0076e.th.jpgimg0075hn.th.jpg

Ok so I got my skates converted but I'm afraid they might have done them wrong. It seems to me that the chassis is put on crooked but I don't know if that's how its supposed to be. I've played on them twice and I've felt off balance on tight turns. Heres a couple pictures and I can get a different camera if anyone needs super high res shots.

img0077ys.th.jpgimg0076e.th.jpgimg0075hn.th.jpg

I have the exact skates converted and I compared the pics to mine and they about look the same to me. I compared it with the holes from the original holder and the only thing is mine is mounted just a hair forward. Otherwise the the positioning (left to right) looks exactly the same.

Hi,

Has anyone converted Bauer Supreme ONE75 to roller with hummers. I understand they are pretty much ONE90's without the issues and that I will have to dremel the sole to fit the 80mm wheels but I was wondering if there are any other issues I should know about. Also the ONE75's are a steal at $249 currently. I'm over in New York in a fortnight (I live in the UK where all hockey kit is expensive) so thought i would make some sort of purchase.

Thanks for any advice

I have one95s with the hummer frame on them. I have had no stability issues and you only have to take a little bit out since part of the outsole underneath where the ice holder was is already cut out.

I'm looking to do a ice to roller conversion on my easton skate. The problem is Idk what chassis to throw on. I have a set of magnesiums from my wicked 1's but all this talk about the sprung chassis has got me doing my research. Can anyone tell me the benefits and specs of a spung chassis?

I'm looking to do a ice to roller conversion on my easton skate. The problem is Idk what chassis to throw on. I have a set of magnesiums from my wicked 1's but all this talk about the sprung chassis has got me doing my research. Can anyone tell me the benefits and specs of a spung chassis?

Definitely check out the sprung thread. Its a long read, but the info you gain from it is insanely helpful. To sum it up, with the sprung chassis, you get the benefit of 4 80mm wheels with regards to speed but you have unmatched maneuverability which is supposed to be the most ice like feel of any inline skate (i'm only an inline guy). I instantly adjusted to the changed and haven't even contemplated ever going back. Now instead of looking at the latest inline skates I'm looking at Ice skates because I KNOW I'm instantly ditching the stock chassis and putting on some sprungs. Another added benefit is the durability and replaceability (don't think thats an actual word, but...). At 6'2" 250lbs, and a wild skater, I've destroyed many an inline chassis. With traditional inline chassis, as soon as you go too fast into a board or whatever else, you're out at least one chassis, maybe two. With sprung, on the odd chance you actually break one, they're much more replaceable, and MUCH MUCH more economical (as well as easily) to fix. And while at some point it does get slightly annoying to explain what exactly is attached to the bottom of your skates, its easily balanced out by the performance as well as joy of spreading the mojo of the sprungs. Speed, maneuverability, and overall GREAT feel of the sprungs is second to none. They're awesome :)

Sprung for life! :D

Amen to that!

I took the plunge to mount sprungs on my skates a few years ago. Not having the right equipment or tools (didnt even have a drill), I had my skates sent to Keith to have him mount them for me. Since then, I've had sprungs on all my skates, self mounted with many hours in the garage (and ranting wife)...

Never going to use another chassis... like some have said, i've only considered skates knowing that they can be mounted on sprungs.

First post, cool site. Gave me ALL the information to make my own customs. Thanks ModSquadHockey. I wore Micron 10-90's back in the day but couldn't find any. So I read Bauer Air 90's were close found them New-old stock on ebay. I had to shim the rear to get some heel lift to my liking.

Ticket39141.jpg

Ticket3913.jpg

Im well on my way, though im going to have a tough time mounting these, im going to need a major heel lift, and the bottom of the one35's are really strange, theyre this gel type material thats somewhat soft and not even, and has contours. I might go with sprungs though idk yet

P2230220.jpg

P2230222.jpg

I think im going to get a new chassis, these hummers arent going to go on evenly without a heel lift and a front right lift, if they are flush then they are angled.

I think im going to get a new chassis, these hummers arent going to go on evenly without a heel lift and a front right lift, if they are flush then they are angled.

Bummer, definitely look into something that would mount better.