Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

38556_473762818956_780098956_6543697_6662433_n.jpg

:D :D :D

Size 5.5 Swiss Graf 707

Jr chassis from 08 Mission Assasin

09 72a & 74a Revision Variants

Edited by Darkbyte

:D :D :D

Size 5.5 Swiss Graf 707

Jr chassis from 08 Mission Assasin

09 72a & 74a Revision Variants

Finally got your skates done up, AND starting to use those wheels. Looking really good.

Finally got your skates done up, AND starting to use those wheels. Looking really good.

Was defintely worth the wait. Re wheels: I got the new ones out for the photo :P (It seems wrong to be able to skate the same set of wheels for over a year, must try harder)

Just need to work out what to do to stop the boot wearing down when i stack it... tape?

Edited by Darkbyte

2010 Easton S5 Composite Skate Boot/blacked out mission vanguard chassis/swiss bone bearings/76-76-80-80 red labeda grippers/red laces

Really nice looking set-up

Its similar... a shim would be something you used to level off uneveness. The heel lift actually increases the height at the rear of the skate, giving you a more forward lean or pitch.

Shims can be made of plastic milk cartons, but the heel lift would need to be something more solid.

Was defintely worth the wait. Re wheels: I got the new ones out for the photo :P (It seems wrong to be able to skate the same set of wheels for over a year, must try harder)

Just need to work out what to do to stop the boot wearing down when i stack it... tape?

You can find tubes of hard-ish silicon specifically for reinforcing and repairing shoes and work boots (here in Canada the brand name is Shoe Goo). It's about $5 a tube. A thin layer of it on the usual areas of wear protects the boot. As it wears off, slap on a fresh blob. It's not unsightly, it adds very little weight, it's cheap, and it's added extra seasons onto my boots for sure.

Its similar... a shim would be something you used to level off uneveness. The heel lift actually increases the height at the rear of the skate, giving you a more forward lean or pitch.

Shims can be made of plastic milk cartons, but the heel lift would need to be something more solid.

i have a pair of missions AG120's i replaced the regular pitch 3 with tblades, and wow... what a shimi had to make, a 1/4" shim from high density polyethylene, but despite such a huge shim, i actually feel like it puts me on my heels... maybe 1/4 was conservative... and i shoulda gone for 3/8"............

You can find tubes of hard-ish silicon specifically for reinforcing and repairing shoes and work boots (here in Canada the brand name is Shoe Goo). It's about $5 a tube. A thin layer of it on the usual areas of wear protects the boot. As it wears off, slap on a fresh blob. It's not unsightly, it adds very little weight, it's cheap, and it's added extra seasons onto my boots for sure.

cheers, ill have a look around and see what i can find along those lines

Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to register. I was thinking of doing a conversion and was just wondering if anyone has had any experience or could provide any feedback with the hockey shops in and around Vancouver, BC, as I don't trust myself to attempt to convert skates myself. Thanks in advance.

Cyclone Taylors does a pretty good job. Only problem is their pricing. I'll call them, the guy on the phone says $30 if you don't need us to remove the blade holder. I take it there and another guys says $40. Come on, get your pricing straight. That's the only place I've used in the past. These days I just do them myself with tnuts and screws.

Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to register. I was thinking of doing a conversion and was just wondering if anyone has had any experience or could provide any feedback with the hockey shops in and around Vancouver, BC, as I don't trust myself to attempt to convert skates myself. Thanks in advance.

Edited by kenv98

46658_431879173359_549073359_4846136_5028372_n.jpg

Easton 1500c Ice boot, with Mission Vanguard (wicked 3) chassis and Labeda Addiction Wheels. Awesome skates.

The color scheme of the boot, chassis, and wheels are perfect. They almost look like a stock setup. Great job man!