Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Wetwilly, did you have to add any shims or do any dremmeling to get those tri-di to fit? I have a set of tri-di mags that I'm considering using for a conversion, but I'm kind of balking at how well they'll fit. Obviously every skate is going to be a little different, but I just wondered how you did it.

they're not mine. i was just commenting on the post by loxish.

Just added some new shoes to my skates. Not the most expensive wheels in the world, but they are old and reliable (basically the only wheels that I don't chunk)...

new-shoes.jpg

I got my first ice to inline conversion done today....Supreme One60, Vanguard Aluminum, Swiss 608 bearings, Labeda Millennium/Dynasty wheels. Would have liked to have all dynasties on, but these were the only wheels I had laying around the house

IMG_0478.jpg

Edited by jsp047

LoXish, did you have to add any shims or do any dremmeling to get those tri-di to fit? I have a set of tri-di mags that I'm considering using for a conversion, but I'm kind of balking at how well they'll fit. Obviously every skate is going to be a little different, but I just wondered how you did it.

**edit - fixed addressee in my question.

Nope, just muscled em on.

My little brother is skating them and loves them. The small wheel base actually give shim stellar turning radius.

Ok, ive been a stalker of this post for ages and finally decided to put some of my personal collection up. Im more of a vintage collector..... Ive had to use nuts & bolts for some of my skates because here in New Zealand we only have a couple of riveting machines in the country and i live 8 hours away from the nearest one lol. They look stupid but its the easiest way to mount the chassis on without the hassel of posting them off. I should have taken photos of them when i first did them, now they look rugged lol. my bad.

Graf 501 Ice boot - Mission Boss Black Chassis (2010)

Image0113.jpg?t=1293054562

Mission Amp 8 Ice boot - Mission D2 Chassis (2003)

Image0197.jpg?t=1293054461

Nike Zoom Air white boot - Tuuk Gold Chassis (My Dream Skate combo growing up as a kid)

Image0210.jpg?t=1293054629

Nike Zoom Air black boot - Reebok 8K pump Chassis

Image0324.jpg?t=1293054765

Mission Amp Flyweight boot - Mission Wicked-Light Chassis (My second pair of skates i wanted ish as a kid)

Image0432.jpg?t=1293054812

what you guys think?

Kizzash, just use some tnuts and bolts. THey work perfectly, similar to the Graf RMS screws.

Just get someone in the US to buy some from McMaster and ship them to you. 100 Tnuts and bolts would cost about $25-$30 including shipping, and is enough for 5 sets of skates.

fatwabbit ill look into that thanks! i have been stalking the net for a riveting machine but they are expensive, rivet master is a company in canada that sells them for roughly $600us not including the shipping which would be crazy to NZ..... Hey Kanya that collection looks sick! heres my full Nike collection:

Image0338.jpg?t=1293492138

and my most recent add to the Vintage collection! :)

Image0437.jpg?t=1293492233

Check out McMaster, go with the 6/32 or 8/32 tnuts. 6/32 will give you more room for error in drilling the holes, but are still rock solid. I went with 8/32 as I wanted something more solid for my fat ass.

Btw, I'm in Brisbane.

WoW nice collection :)

And omg at the V Forms....!! Blast from the past, how were they to skate in?

They feel weird because i havent got the right wheel configuration on them. atm i have all 76mm sized wheels on but i know this is wrong because it feels stupid lol. the skates go off outwards instead of straight when rolling. Does anyone know what the right wheel configuration is for v-forms?

I need a size medium, but thanks.

I'm just trying to do the math if I'm better of buying a used set from a friend, or taking apart an old pair of skates that I use a few times a year.

dang, so thats who has all the air zoom's... Ive always wanted a pair but cant find any for sale.

Heres my newest conversion. cobalt 9.9's with rbk tri-di chassis. wheels are going away dont worry.

Idk why but the tri-di chassis looks tiny on the tour boot. the chassis is a large too.

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Edited by ncbrock