Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

really like those Tours on the tri-di and the bauer's look excellent with the black mags on them.

Did you remove all the graphics from the frame? If so, what did you use?

Did you remove all the graphics from the frame? If so, what did you use?

This is actually the 3rd pair of skates I've had this frame one. The first time, I used 1.5/2inch black electrical tape then used an x-acto knife to trim everything up. This worked well for a while but then it started to get scuffed up an such from pucks. I had them mounted inside out on my next pair. This works great, the only "problem" is using the skate tool is a little harder when your skates are on... This was a small price to pay for the look I wanted. Now I just re-due the tape on the inside every couple months or so.

all done. havnt actually played on them yet, but skating around the house they are a ton different than my sprungs thats for sure. idk if Im actually going to use them, but i just had these laying around so why not

IMG_0635.jpg

has anyone mounted the newer graf skates? i don't know about the older graf models (with the white plastic outsole) but the newer models have outsoles that are not flat on the bottom. their is a ridge around the perimeter of the skate that is used for mounting the holder. problem is that inline chassis' mount closer to the inside of the outsole. the unevenness of the outsole makes me wonder if an inline chassis can be mounted easily.

has anyone mounted the newer graf skates? i don't know about the older graf models (with the white plastic outsole) but the newer models have outsoles that are not flat on the bottom. their is a ridge around the perimeter of the skate that is used for mounting the holder. problem is that inline chassis' mount closer to the inside of the outsole. the unevenness of the outsole makes me wonder if an inline chassis can be mounted easily.

I don't remember what the sole was on these, besides not being the white. They'd have to be pretty vacant to have less material upfront than the band around the edge of Bauers.

Graf703.jpg

I don't remember what the sole was on these, besides not being the white. They'd have to be pretty vacant to have less material upfront than the band around the edge of Bauers.

Graf703.jpg

keith, i think those are it. my ice skates are graf 703 and look identical to those except for the airnet lining. did those grafs have the fake carbon fiber looking "felt" exposed at the inner part of the outsole? i was thinking of getting another pair of grafs and another pair of sprungs. did all of your bolts or rivets go into the clear plastic (strong) part of the outsole or did some have to go in the weaker inner part (the part where there is no clear plastic outsole? THANKS!

keith, i think those are it. my ice skates are graf 703 and look identical to those except for the airnet lining. did those grafs have the fake carbon fiber looking "felt" exposed at the inner part of the outsole? i was thinking of getting another pair of grafs and another pair of sprungs. did all of your bolts or rivets go into the clear plastic (strong) part of the outsole or did some have to go in the weaker inner part (the part where there is no clear plastic outsole? THANKS!

Sprung front mount plates are wider than metal frames, and they had plenty of material to mount level.

Sprung front mount plates are wider than metal frames, and they had plenty of material to mount level.

I had no problems mounting the Graf Ultra G3 boot with Sprungs.everything worked out great.

Edited by iceburg19

I had no problems mounting the Graf Ultra G3 boot with Sprungs.everything worked out great.

Some beauties I cooked up today. Chassis did not mount flush to the boot, but it should be ok. I will find out this weekend.

korkl.jpg

Some beauties I cooked up today. Chassis did not mount flush to the boot, but it should be ok. I will find out this weekend.

korkl.jpg

damnit another reason to be pissed I cant make it to hotshots this weekend... good luck by the way and go rock :)

damnit another reason to be pissed I cant make it to hotshots this weekend... good luck by the way and go rock :)

Haha thanks. Theyre going down :)

Edited by kovalchuk71

korkl.jpg

how about using a two part epoxy on the sole of the boot to level out. with a little sanding you should be able to have a flat bottum for the chassis mounting.

DSC00527.jpg

They're finally ready!

I really like these, what flexlite boot is that? Look great the all balck boot and stark white frame and grippers

Let me know how those work out for you. I'm thinking about switching my Sprungs to some flexlite's as well.

They aren't a perfect fit, I have the size 6EE boot and A6 frames. I'd say they are a tad bit too big but its workable.

I still prefer the sprungs over the tri-di and vanguards. Only concern is how much they torque, feels like I might snap the arms in two and I'm a light guy