Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

The sprungs grips more than conventional frames so you can use a harder wheel than you would usually use.

While I don't think I have increased my top speed with sprungs, they're definitely more agile than the vanguard. You can enter a corner faster and at a sharper angle than conventional frames before you wipeout, not to mention really faster stops and quicker starts.

Edited by pby

DSC00527.jpg

They're finally ready!

That must have been a challenge getting the A6 on size 6 Flexlites. I put them on size 7 Flexlites and had to mount them as far to the rear as possible to respect the mounting instructions. I'm guessing you had to settle with a bit of a toeish mount?

Edited by Larry54

At the moment I'm in sprungs and want to go back to a solid chassis, Can this be done? what if I cant find new material to drill (existing holes)?

Also I would most likely go to a tour chassis so will the DPS work without wedges? (front wheel rub?)

I'm on my way to convert my X:60 LE to be my weapon this summer.

Specs:

Boot: Bauer X:60 LE

Chassi: Labeda Hum'er

Wheels: Labeda Addiction

Bearings: Swiss ceramics

I used the same chassi and wheels last year on my Reebok 9k:s and loved it but wanted to step it up on the boot side this year.

I have everything at home so i just have to hand it in to the equipment manager to convert them but have to finish the ice season first :)

Pictures will come up later on.

Edited by Lilliz

I'm trying to decide on what ice boot to get for my first conversion. Tried on Bauer one70 and Graf (not sure which model) last night and both felt good. Which would hold up better for inline playing 3-4 times per week? I'm concerned with durability.

thanks!

I'm trying to decide on what ice boot to get for my first conversion. Tried on Bauer one70 and Graf (not sure which model) last night and both felt good. Which would hold up better for inline playing 3-4 times per week? I'm concerned with durability.

thanks!

From my experience, Graf doesn't seem to hold up as well for Inline. the One70's are fairly stiff and may be a good choice, especially if you're playing that often.

has anyone mounted the newer graf skates? i don't know about the older graf models (with the white plastic outsole) but the newer models have outsoles that are not flat on the bottom. their is a ridge around the perimeter of the skate that is used for mounting the holder. problem is that inline chassis' mount closer to the inside of the outsole. the unevenness of the outsole makes me wonder if an inline chassis can be mounted easily.

I met Ms Graf when I went to the swiss factory. She did seem very concerned about mounting an inline chassis on the newer soles. From what I could gather (her English wasnt great and my swiss/german is non existant) its not just the uneveness that was the problem, it was because the recessed parts in the sole was not the same thickness as the edges. The new soles just arent as thick/rigid as the old white ones (she didnt really bat an eye lid about converting a pair of 707s).

They would most likely be able to make a newer skate with the white sole if you ordered custom skates.

FWIW, they can remake any of the old skates. Even though the 707 is the old model, she said she can always make me a new pair in a few years when my current ones wear out.

Edited by Darkbyte

From my experience, Graf doesn't seem to hold up as well for Inline. the One70's are fairly stiff and may be a good choice, especially if you're playing that often.

I converted a pair of 735s and a pair of 705s. Playing 2 nights a week, both sets of boots really started to break down after 4 months and both sets of outsoles collapsed down to the point of being unusable at the frame mounts after about 6 months. What Darkbyte said about the rigidity of the Graf outsoles is true.

I've been on converted One70s playing 3 nights a week for about 9 months now and they are holding up fine. The outsoles are holding up well whereas both pairs of Grafs did not.

I met Ms Graf when I went to the swiss factory. She did seem very concerned about mounting an inline chassis on the newer soles. From what I could gather (her English wasnt great and my swiss/german is non existant) its not just the uneveness that was the problem, it was because the recessed parts in the sole was not the same thickness as the edges. The new soles just arent as thick/rigid as the old white ones (she didnt really bat an eye lid about converting a pair of 707s).

They would most likely be able to make a newer skate with the white sole if you ordered custom skates.

FWIW, they can remake any of the old skates. Even though the 707 is the old model, she said she can always make me a new pair in a few years when my current ones wear out.

Do you happen to know if the option to order older models only applies to ordering from Graf Swiss rather than Graf Canada?

Hey guys Im hoping someone here could help me with a few questions. I want to get a pair of Easton S12s or S17 converted with a vangaurd chassis. Will there be any problems anyone is aware of with this conversion and should I get a medium chassis for a 7.5 skate. Thanks for any help

Hey guys Im hoping someone here could help me with a few questions. I want to get a pair of Easton S12s or S17 converted with a vangaurd chassis. Will there be any problems anyone is aware of with this conversion and should I get a medium chassis for a 7.5 skate. Thanks for any help

i don't know if it helps you out or anything, but i have a pair of se16's mounted with a medium vanguard. i think a medium might be too large for 7.5's so maybe a small might be right. the only problem you might run into is the second wheel from the front MIGHT rub the skate (one of the folded over leather pieces (which you can cut away). that's one of the only problems i've had with them. another problem which has occurred over time, thanks to blocking a shot, was that the chassis is slowly tearing a rivet from the boot, but because one rivet is already missing. if you keep the rivets ALL in tact, i don't think it will be a problem. hope this has helped.

i don't know if it helps you out or anything, but i have a pair of se16's mounted with a medium vanguard. i think a medium might be too large for 7.5's so maybe a small might be right. the only problem you might run into is the second wheel from the front MIGHT rub the skate (one of the folded over leather pieces (which you can cut away). that's one of the only problems i've had with them. another problem which has occurred over time, thanks to blocking a shot, was that the chassis is slowly tearing a rivet from the boot, but because one rivet is already missing. if you keep the rivets ALL in tact, i don't think it will be a problem. hope this has helped.

Thanks for the help. I think I see what you mean about the folded over leather. Was it pretty easy to cut off? As far as the rivets they have all held up on the U+ I've had for 2+ years or is it more of an issue with mounting them with the composite boot. I wish those Eastons on hockeygiant had a better chassis. It would have made this alot easier.

Thanks for the help. I think I see what you mean about the folded over leather. Was it pretty easy to cut off? As far as the rivets they have all held up on the U+ I've had for 2+ years or is it more of an issue with mounting them with the composite boot. I wish those Eastons on hockeygiant had a better chassis. It would have made this alot easier.

i didn't cut it, i meant to say shave it kinda, i used a file to remove enough of it. i think it'd be better to mount chassis on to boots which have a layer on the bottom (like all bauer's, reebok's and ccm's, as well as the new easton eq50). the s series of easton skates are different with that leather folding on the bottom, due to the entire boot being composite. it's because of this that i think some skates have the rivets loosening - a couple of my friends have easton conversions as well and they have the same problem of rivets on the front coming loose). to be honest, i think you should wait and try out the EQ50's if you're going to go the easton route.

Do you happen to know if the option to order older models only applies to ordering from Graf Swiss rather than Graf Canada?

I really dont know. Ive only delt Graf Swiss. If you are interested in the Swiss made Grafs, I can PM you the name of the hockey store I used to organised my visit.

i didn't cut it, i meant to say shave it kinda, i used a file to remove enough of it. i think it'd be better to mount chassis on to boots which have a layer on the bottom (like all bauer's, reebok's and ccm's, as well as the new easton eq50). the s series of easton skates are different with that leather folding on the bottom, due to the entire boot being composite. it's because of this that i think some skates have the rivets loosening - a couple of my friends have easton conversions as well and they have the same problem of rivets on the front coming loose). to be honest, i think you should wait and try out the EQ50's if you're going to go the easton route.

Thanks for the help. After searching for rivet problems with these skates I think I'll wait until the new line is out. My skates should hold up for a while still. Thanks again for the help

ALright guys another customer skate from my friend Oldtimer I think they are CCM crazylites with a Mission commander frame... notice how the colors match ;)

skatemu.jpgskate2a.jpg

ALright guys another customer skate from my friend Oldtimer I think they are CCM crazylites with a Mission commander frame... notice how the colors match ;)

Beauty! What size is the skate?

g/f wanted to switch. they are only x:20s (some cloth paper showing on the bottom) and i scored my sisters rx:05s for $30 to steal the frames. it was my first swap and it took a few hours :o mostly because i was being anal about lining them up and bolt placement.

SANY0068.jpg

Hi all,

I'm just about to convert a pair of Bauer one100 skates with the Labeda 9000 Hummer Chassis. Haven't converted skates or used a hummer chassis before so I'm unsure of what size chassis I need to order - can anyone offer some advice?

The skates I have are size 10D.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi all,

I'm just about to convert a pair of Bauer one100 skates with the Labeda 9000 Hummer Chassis. Haven't converted skates or used a hummer chassis before so I'm unsure of what size chassis I need to order - can anyone offer some advice?

The skates I have are size 10D.

Cheers,

Dan

go with the medium sized chassis... i just got some bauer's (size 10d as well) converted with the same chassis sized medium (albeit with some of the bottom shaved off the boot). i'll put some pics up as soon as i can... i was gonna go with one95's but changed my mind and went with something different.