Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Can anyone tell me the fit of the 99 Easton z air skate? Hockey world still has them listed and I'm wondering how they fit?

http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/product/product_id/1089/category_id/23/product_name/Easton+Z-Air+Hockey+Skate+BOOT+ONLY+%28%2799+Model%29-+Senior

Thanks

I had a couple converted Air's and Z-Airs with Red Star hi-lo frames on them. Back then I really enjoyed the fit. They wont be as comfy as some of the skates today and will be heavier a little for sure, but the Z-Airs are not a shabby skate if they fit you at all. I remember the ankle padding was a little painful until it got broken in and the rubber sides wore away some from the contact with the floor, but nothing that would affect performance.

I had a couple converted Air's and Z-Airs with Red Star hi-lo frames on them. Back then I really enjoyed the fit. They wont be as comfy as some of the skates today and will be heavier a little for sure, but the Z-Airs are not a shabby skate if they fit you at all. I remember the ankle padding was a little painful until it got broken in and the rubber sides wore away some from the contact with the floor, but nothing that would affect performance.

Thanks I'm mainly trying to decide if I can fit into the size 8. I wear a 8.5 in flexlites with my toe barely feathering the cap

i was going to use these for ice but i decided to have these converted a few weeks ago to sub in an inline game. ccm u+ pro reloaded with mission magnesium 80-80-72-72 hi-lo (the real hilo!). they are pretty light for inline skates. i've been meaning to weigh them at work just to see. feels like a heavy pair of ice skates.

SD530569.jpg

Has anyone put a medium mission hi lo chassis on a size 10 graf?

If this has been done can you post a picture, I would like to see how it lines up with the boot if it is even possible....thx.

I converted a pair of 735s and a pair of 705s. Playing 2 nights a week, both sets of boots really started to break down after 4 months and both sets of outsoles collapsed down to the point of being unusable at the frame mounts after about 6 months. What Darkbyte said about the rigidity of the Graf outsoles is true.

I've been on converted One70s playing 3 nights a week for about 9 months now and they are holding up fine. The outsoles are holding up well whereas both pairs of Grafs did not.

Im thinking about an Ultra G75 conversion. There were a few negative posts about graf outsoles not holding up in a roller setup. Has anyone else had an issue with the graf textalite outsole not holding up as a inline conversion, specifically a mission hi lo chassis? It seems like the shops around my area convert graf all the time with no issues. Can anyone comment?

I think as long as they are a composite outsole, they should hold up well.

I had a pair of Graf 670 that I converted myself. It had a plastic outsole, and with the sprungs I had mounted it always felt like it was coming loose.

My custom APX Skates. More info on custom options in the "show it off" thread. i think they look incredible.

Incredible is an understatement

My custom APX Skates. More info on custom options in the "show it off" thread. I think they look incredible.

apxroller.jpg

wow...those are sick. thanks for crushing my love for my converted x60's! i'm jealous.

Im literally helping nothing with this comment but by summer my custom X60s will be converted to Inline. Thought it'd be a cute comment because of the custom/ice to inline title.

000_1213.jpg

000_1213.jpg

WOW. Those are sweet

sold for 250

Best customised colour scheme ever! Pity about the heavy boot.

wow...$250 for those nikes?

that's is actually pretty good.

but yea, I admit...those would be pretty heavy

lol was going through this thread from the start, looking for pics of converted One90's...and find a guy talking about my purchase of the skates above....!

They've since been given a white Mission vanguard mag frame, think I posted pics of them somewhere in here lol

Love these forums.

Edited by Kanya

I'm getting ready to convert a x:60 LE with a Labeda Hummer chasis. I know that I will have to dremel down the area by the 2nd wheel. Does anyone have any pictures of what they have done dremel wise? Also what dremel ends they used. Thanks.

I guess this is right thread to ask this......

I have my old Easton Ultra Lite Pro (not pro stock) skates, that are sitting around my house not being used, as I now have another pair of skates that I am using for ice.

I want to get a pair of "rollerblades" that I can use for the summer just to skate around the neighbourhood, trails, etc. around here. I have an old Bauer pair that were a low line model, and what it boils down to is I barely make it 5 blocks and they hurt - a lot! Poor quality skate, bad fit - too tight I think.

Anyways I noticed a lot of conversions in this thread - so my question is..... Is it possible with the Easton Ultra Lites? Is that conversion worthwhile costwise? Or is it best to just get a new pair of roller?

I guess this is right thread to ask this......

I have my old Easton Ultra Lite Pro (not pro stock) skates, that are sitting around my house not being used, as I now have another pair of skates that I am using for ice.

I want to get a pair of "rollerblades" that I can use for the summer just to skate around the neighbourhood, trails, etc. around here. I have an old Bauer pair that were a low line model, and what it boils down to is I barely make it 5 blocks and they hurt - a lot! Poor quality skate, bad fit - too tight I think.

Anyways I noticed a lot of conversions in this thread - so my question is..... Is it possible with the Easton Ultra Lites? Is that conversion worthwhile costwise? Or is it best to just get a new pair of roller?

I have found that hockey skates are not the best for outdoor recreational roller blading. I would recommend that you go out and simply pickup a good set of blades, for about the same cost as a conversion. I might suggest that you try something like the Newron Axion, they apparently have come up with a chassis that absorbs the bumps and cracks that you would be skating over on streets and trails for a smoother ride.

I'd have to completely disagree with your statement above.

I've used converted hockey skates for outdoor skating for years, switching from specific recreational skates to hockey due to the fact my skating style changed when I started playing more and more hockey.

I've been skating for over 20 years, and think that you are ALWAYS better to have a boot that fits you well. I also find your balance will improve if you are not relying on fancy gizmo's to iron out bumps, cracks etc - learn to ride them out. Yes, hockey skates will rip up if you fall in them a lot....but your balance will stop this...!

If your easton's fit you well, get them converted. I am sure the sole will be fine, I've converted much older boots than that in recent times and all have been fine.

I have found that hockey skates are not the best for outdoor recreational roller blading. I would recommend that you go out and simply pickup a good set of blades, for about the same cost as a conversion. I might suggest that you try something like the Newron Axion, they apparently have come up with a chassis that absorbs the bumps and cracks that you would be skating over on streets and trails for a smoother ride.

I've used converted hockey skates for outdoor skating for years, switching from specific recreational skates to hockey due to the fact my skating style changed when I started playing more and more hockey.

I've been skating for over 20 years, and think that you are ALWAYS better to have a boot that fits you well. I also find your balance will improve if you are not relying on fancy gizmo's to iron out bumps, cracks etc - learn to ride them out. Yes, hockey skates will rip up if you fall in them a lot....but your balance will stop this...!

If your easton's fit you well, get them converted. I am sure the sole will be fine, I've converted much older boots than that in recent times and all have been fine.

The main thing is, I am used to "hockey" skates, fit wise. I've been playing hockey, or at least skating since I learned to walk. I want to get the ice hockey feel to the skate as much as possible. I assume a conversion like this is something that a LHS would likely be able to do?

The main thing is, I am used to "hockey" skates, fit wise. I've been playing hockey, or at least skating since I learned to walk. I want to get the ice hockey feel to the skate as much as possible. I assume a conversion like this is something that a LHS would likely be able to do?

I'd get them converted. Buying a non-hockey skate will just feel weird for you, ie I like the ankle freedom and forward flex hockey skates give, whereas recreational skates dont really work the same.

Take them along to your local LHS, they'll do them no problem - you won't be the first or the last person they've had through the door wanting a conversion and it doesn't take long (you may have to wait a day or two depending on their workloads) - wont cost much either (bear in mind you'll need a chassis...)

Edited by Kanya

I guess everyone has there own opinions and experiences. Personally, I have been using the same outdoor recreation roller blades for over 20 years, and I guess that is what I have become used to outdoors. I have tried using some roller hockey skates for outdoor rec skating and they just don't feel right?

Certainly the roller hockey skates have a tighter and stiffer fit, but I find that somewhat unnecessary for pleasure skating outdoors. Actually, i find it a drawback compared to soft comfort. When i go pleasure skating, I'm never rushing into the corner to beat someone to the puck, like in a game! So maximum performance is not a primary concern. My old recreational blades are extremely comfortable, and that seems to be the key for a pleasurable outing with the kids.

That's my 2 cents worth, but as you have read here, everyone has different experiences. Go with what feels right for you!

Edited by henryb