Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

I guess everyone has there own opinions and experiences. Personally, I have been using the same outdoor recreation roller blades for over 20 years, and I guess that is what I have become used to outdoors. I have tried using some roller hockey skates for outdoor rec skating and they just don't feel right?

Certainly the roller hockey skates have a tighter and stiffer fit, but I find that somewhat unnecessary for pleasure skating outdoors. Actually, i find it a drawback compared to soft comfort. When i go pleasure skating, I'm never rushing into the corner to beat someone to the puck, like in a game! So maximum performance is not a primary concern. My old recreational blades are extremely comfortable, and that seems to be the key for a pleasurable outing with the kids.

That's my 2 cents worth, but as you have read here, everyone has different experiences. Go with what feels right for you!

Totally - it's what you feel will work for you as an individual...everyone's different :)

Converted a pair of Nike One90's myself last week - had the choice between a white Mission mag (from Boss Blacks) or use an older Alu frame. Epoxy'd the sole too for added strength in the middle area and filled all the vent holes in under there,

Went with the Alu frame as it was smaller. However...the boot is smaller than most of my other conversions so the chassis was a shade too long, although it skates rather well which was surprising!

Only downside to this boot is the lack of side buffers, played a game 2 days ago and scuffed them a little on the side panels. Dont want the garish skate protector things, they look horrendous...but if anyone has any other ideas...? Was thinking of making small square buffers by using epoxy.

2011-10-03222310.jpg

Edited by Kanya

Nice mount Kanya. How bad are the scuffs? You might be able to get away with a couple layers of duct tape in that area. I love using epoxy, but it leaves a mess in the end and looks shoddy.

Perhaps tape up the worn areas with 3-4 layers of duct tape. At the end you could just peel it off and reapply.

I put some epoxy on the side of my one90 conversion. I did buy a pair of skate fenders and us them last game. Do kill the look of the skate but I have been thru so many skates in the past 2 years protect them any way I can.

Hey guys, I have a question.

I can pick up a pair of Vapor XXV CHEAP. Is it worth it to buy a pair of boots (looking at the vapor line used) and chassis (I'm thinking Vanguard MG) to replace my Nike HI-HO Silver II? Obv. they are pretty old, would I benefit at all from doing this? Am I better off buying a roller specific skate? I haven't played ice in years if that makes a difference but I play roller 2-3 times a week.

Thanks!!

I like the ice boot conversion. I feel the ice boots are better made than the inline boots .BUT looking at the top of the line Inline boots,They may have turned a corner.

I would have to agree Iceburg19, that the top few inline skate models are quite good these days. I would recommend that you check out one of those. I think you will be better off then converting an old ice skate. Just make sure you find a skate that fits you well and is in your budget.

Working on a pair of Reebok 8k skates right now. They are getting a Vanguard Alum Chassis. I decided to try out the Tron Tera Wheels... Will post pics once done.

Edited by 8YA

Has anyone put a medium mission hi lo chassis on a size 10 graf?

If this has been done can you post a picture, I would like to see how it lines up with the boot if it is even possible....thx.

I just mounted a Vanguard chassis on a size 10 Graf 703 skate. It came off of a pre 2009 mission boot, which ran shoe size. The mission boot was a size 10.5! I am not sure if its a medium or large vanguard chassis.

I just put a size medium vanguard (got it really really cheap) on a size 6.5 Reebok boot. Pretty sure it will work on a size 10 without a problem...

i was going to use these for ice but i decided to have these converted a few weeks ago to sub in an inline game. ccm u+ pro reloaded with mission magnesium 80-80-72-72 hi-lo (the real hilo!). they are pretty light for inline skates. i've been meaning to weigh them at work just to see. feels like a heavy pair of ice skates.

SD530569.jpg

I'd be interested to do the exact same thing, how is that holding on?

I'd be interested to do the exact same thing, how is that holding on?

awesome. i haven't skated too much in them because i mainly play ice, but they are great skates and by far the lightest inline skates i have ever owned - lighter than any of the stock skates - the 72mm wheels up front help with that and the skate with mag frame is ridiculously light. i just wish i had put sprungs on them instead. i'm going to go back to sprungs so i'll be selling these since i am nervous about putting a 3rd set of holes in them. stupid me. size 8C if anyone interested.

Sound rather sweet - look forward to the pics. Where'd you source the mag frame? I got a white mag Boss Black frame a while back via Ebay USA (im in UK) - havent seen any for sale since, just the alu vanguards. Been trying to get a couple more mag frames but zero success.

Sound rather sweet - look forward to the pics. Where'd you source the mag frame? I got a white mag Boss Black frame a while back via Ebay USA (im in UK) - havent seen any for sale since, just the alu vanguards. Been trying to get a couple more mag frames but zero success.

I actually owned the T9 when they came out last fall, so I have just been using the frames. Not easy to find those frames. Plus the Graf mount was a pain in the butt with those screws in the way of some of my holes I drilled.