Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

grafq.jpg

sweet! please keep us informed of how the chassis mounting and outsole holds up. there were reports of the texalite outsole not holding up well to inline conversions. can you post a closeup picture of the mount (bottom of boot)? i have a pair of 703 texalite that i would love to convert but i have been worried about the uneven contour of the outsole.

g70 with hummer - these were nice to put the hummers on cause the boot is already grooved out, just needed a little shave for the second wheel

6316279235_a6569ee516.jpg

close up of mounting hardware

6316275955_1dd95c8590.jpg

outside

6316798422_be5df2593c.jpg

inside

6316281079_7c87109328.jpg

rear mount, shows lift

6316280489_959d5f5246.jpg

• Like 1

Freshly converted APXs! Size 8D, Mission Hi-Lo aluminum chassis size medium, Labeda Millenium Gripper wheels. Absolutely filthy kicks, can't wait to rock them at my first tourney.

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

Freshly converted APXs! Size 8D, Mission Hi-Lo aluminum chassis size medium, Labeda Millenium Gripper wheels. Absolutely filthy kicks, can't wait to rock them at my first tourney.

I'm hesitating between converting some apx or totalone with sprungs or going straight retail with the apxr, why did you go with the apx and then converting it afterwards?

I'm hesitating between converting some apx or totalone with sprungs or going straight retail with the apxr, why did you go with the apx and then converting it afterwards?

Well I got my APX skates on eBay for $650 brand new, and I got my chassis for $21, so it was cheaper for me to convert than to buy the APXrs. If money wasn't an issue, I would prefer to convert them, simply because I think ice boots are constructed with better quality. And if you really like sprungs, then I would suggest converting the APX or TotalOnes. The APXR's do come with a new set of wheels, frame, and bearings so I guess you would save yourself the trouble of spending money to convert, the price of the chassis, and the price of wheels.

Well I got my APX skates on eBay for $650 brand new, and I got my chassis for $21, so it was cheaper for me to convert than to buy the APXrs. If money wasn't an issue, I would prefer to convert them, simply because I think ice boots are constructed with better quality. And if you really like sprungs, then I would suggest converting the APX or TotalOnes. The APXR's do come with a new set of wheels, frame, and bearings so I guess you would save yourself the trouble of spending money to convert, the price of the chassis, and the price of wheels.

actually, money is quite an issue here ^^ it's just that i wondered about the structural changes they operate to the skate, I wonder if they really are significant... I also managed to get totalone in a vgc for 300 bones or some gc x60 for 200 so high end converted skates vs high end retail skates should be equal to a difference of...500$ LOL

nd if you say that apx are made with better quality,then there's just no way I'll go with retail inlines...

thank you for your huge help!

actually, money is quite an issue here ^^ it's just that i wondered about the structural changes they operate to the skate, I wonder if they really are significant... I also managed to get totalone in a vgc for 300 bones or some gc x60 for 200 so high end converted skates vs high end retail skates should be equal to a difference of...500$ LOL

nd if you say that apx are made with better quality,then there's just no way I'll go with retail inlines...

thank you for your huge help!

These APXs are definitely good quality. But I'm not saying that the APXRs are not good quality! The boot is quite similar, but if you can snag a pair of top end ice boots for a good price, they're definitely worth the conversion. The structural changes really depend on the quality of how well your LHS can convert them. I had mine converted by a guy who had tons of experience and customizes many skates, so the conversion was nothing less than excellent. I skated on a pair of converted Eastons for a year and ever since then, I knew I was never going to go back to inline boots again. :smile:

well that is very very

These APXs are definitely good quality. But I'm not saying that the APXRs are not good quality! The boot is quite similar, but if you can snag a pair of top end ice boots for a good price, they're definitely worth the conversion. The structural changes really depend on the quality of how well your LHS can convert them. I had mine converted by a guy who had tons of experience and customizes many skates, so the conversion was nothing less than excellent. I skated on a pair of converted Eastons for a year and ever since then, I knew I was never going to go back to inline boots again. :smile:

I didn't mean to say that you told me the apxr were bad quality...ah well it doesn't matter. Since the quality of the skates really rely on the conversion, then I'll be having a nice tasty conversion with sprungs ^^

thanks for your advice.

i <3 msh

Regarding the quality differences between ice and inline skates at the top of the line in Bauer. I have a pair of 2010 X:60LE for ice and a pair of 2010 RX:60's for inline. I can tell you for sure that there is no quality differences between these 2 skate models. Actual the RX's have some additional protective patches at the widest part of the boot, for better wear control at key area's. As well, as someone mentioned that you do get top of the line Mission magnesium chassis, Mission swiss bearings and Lebada Addiction wheels... I don't see how you could go wrong with the inline models.

Nothing special. I started playing ice hockey on and off about a year ago. It was hard for me to get any ice time because of costs so I never really progressed. Just joined a gym with an inline rink so for the price of 7 or so drop in ice sessions I have these now.

They're entry level skates so I don't expect them to last long but at least I get to play!

Nyb8v.jpg

If anyone is interested, I just put up some frames in the "For Sale" section. Hummers, Sensors, Final Factors, Red Star E-Frames and Sprung A6's.

Edited by kovalchuk71

Same - all I use eBay for is buying lots of gear! Got that much gear that 4 of my team mates are using sticks, goves, skates and helmets that belong to me lol.

I'd quite like to eventually get access to that forum, and give forum members my cash rather than random ebayers.

reminds me...I must look into how access is granted.

On the topic of frames and repair, I just got back from Perani's after getting my frame (Bauer MG) taken off my old skates. and two (one on each skate) of the rivet holes are a little chewed up and one of them has a crack all the way through the metal at the thinnest part.

Based on that description do you guys think that they are ruined? or am I just being a perfectionist and need to relax?

Here is a picture of one of the frames, I tried to show what I was talking about the best I could.

IMG_20111207_233812.jpg

[Edit] The more I sit here and let this sink in, the more upset I'm getting. These had normal cosmetic wear and a chip here and there in the normal spots. But they took a used $140 frame and really mangled it. Part of me is still hoping these will be fine because I want to skate on them this weekend, but if I am risking my new boot in any way/shape/form I will strongly consider placing an order for a new set of frames.

Edited by Inlinepro77

From the image it looks like its still usable, but man they did not give a shit about doing damage. Taking copper rivets off can be a pain, and you usually have to use some kind of hammer and chisel set up. However, whenever I did it I was always careful, especially on inlines, to not to any damage. Some paint may come off here and there, but it looks like they really went to town, and probably hit it too hard, cracking it in the process. Id put some super glue in the cracked area and hope for the best.

Those are butchered! I would take them back and show them to the manager or something. The pressure on your heels will probably bust it during a hard stop or something.