Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

thanks Kanya. great stuff, I'm taking them in today hopefully I'll get the fixed straight away for training tonight. I hate missing training!

and thanks members ! didn't see your post there sorry. The whole process was done right in front of me a few weeks back. they simply said with the boots being new the rivets will tend to loosen slightly, which did worry me at first. But a guy who had his done earlier said the same thing happened to his. the shop will be getting a roasting today when I go in.

thanks again everyone.

Give em hell.

I'd be wanting a replacement boot and the frame removed from that boot too by them. Then take it to a better LHS if you can, and speak to them about shims etc. The boot has seperated as it's being put under so much strain to conform to the shape of the chassis.

I can't believe they let you take that skate home never mind do both of them.

Good luck...and go mental lol

Yep, based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Shoot me a PM on here and we can sort something out - play mostly roller with Edinburgh University team.

Now wondering which LHS you used...!

Epoxy can be used to fill a gap, however super glue requires that the 2 surfaces are touching.

That being said, these solutions will only be temporary, eventually with the wear and tear of regular use, it will come apart again. If your lucky they wll last for the time you need before you move on to something else.

Good luck.

Not exactly an ice to inline conversion, but a conversion nonetheless. My Tacks are finally dying. I picked up the MIssion Boss SE's on closeout over a year ago, but was never super stoked on them, so I just kept rocking my Tacks. I can't say I hated the Vanguard chassis, but I am definitely more comfortable and therefore confident on the Hum'er chassis. I will skate them tonight for the first time, but I am happy with how they have turned out.

5059c46c.jpg

4674f617.jpg

Not exactly an ice to inline conversion, but a conversion nonetheless. My Tacks are finally dying. I picked up the MIssion Boss SE's on closeout over a year ago, but was never super stoked on them, so I just kept rocking my Tacks. I can't say I hated the Vanguard chassis, but I am definitely more comfortable and therefore confident on the Hum'er chassis. I will skate them tonight for the first time, but I am happy with how they have turned out.

5059c46c.jpg

4674f617.jpg

Those look mounted perfectly (size 9.5 skate what size chassis?). I believe no lift in the back right? Did you have to dremmel? I've been wanting to give the Hum'er a try but I am reluctant since all I have ever known for years is hi-lo.

Those look mounted perfectly (size 9.5 skate what size chassis?). I believe no lift in the back right? Did you have to dremmel? I've been wanting to give the Hum'er a try but I am reluctant since all I have ever known for years is hi-lo

Thanks! Medium chassis. I have a guy locally that does great mounting work. This is the second set of skates he's done for me and I have no complaints. He was recommended by some really good players from my rink. No lift in back. I had to dremel nearly an inch by 1/2 inch for the second wheel to have proper clearance. Chassis are a very subjective piece of equipment. I grew up using HiLo's and had no complaints until I got the chance to use Hum'ers several years ago. I just feel that I get more grip and top end speed with little downside. However, I've been beat by plenty of players using HiLo's/Vanguard's, etc., so it's likely not about equipment. My $.02 is if you get a chance to give 'em a go, do it. It can't hurt.

The good,

photo3-1.jpg

The evil, (S17 black, Mission MG Chassis, Labeda Addictions, Bones Reds bearings)

photo2-2.jpg

And, the backups. (Nike V12's, Rink Rat Hornet, Red Star Chassis, Mission Swiss bearings.)

IMG_1763.jpg

Edited by wickedlite44

Hello everybody(Sorry by advance for my terrible english without vocabulary), i follow this forum since a couple of year and i look some crazy skates, Every page of this forum is a treasure of surprises! I would like you to show my last conversion

002.jpg

004.jpg005.jpg

Alright guys ANOTHER custom skate (RBK 20k) from Oldtimer, i swear he has so many custom skates he could start his own custom skate topic!

photouwt.jpg

Edited by shute

Hi Hoguie, that looks like a great mount! I like how you lay everything out, even the axles are all spaced out and facing the same direction!

thank you Fatwabbit, i look a this forum until 2 years maybe, i saw pure jewels (like 20k's of "Shute"), the converted skates are often well presented to the amateurs who we are!

The conversions are for to be high-lighted...for example colors of wheels and chassis. the minimum is a small well-kept presentation if we're proud of our conversion.

The "SHUTE" conversion is good work, the chassis is in central position in face of the boot, colors, design of the skate...the résult is a unik skate=> great skate!

I rewrite for friends(that you are) i am so sad to cannot undestand some usuals words of conversation, translators do not translate some words or sense of sentences=> SOrry, the frenchie...

Dont worry, not everyone has english as a first language. And some that do have english as a first language, still cant speak proper english.

What words do you need help with? Possibly some of us could help by not using too many technical terms...

As you were able to see on my first comment, I make conversions for the friends who play with me. There is no pro-shop near to my home, I repair since a few years and I use a rather simple and more very reliable system. I make you share my experience, because I saw on this forum of the assemblies which would have been able to be more looked after. This system is not expensive, the guy just has to be skillful and handyman...

th_318-1.jpg

th_329.jpgthe simple système(inox and galva treatement)th_335-1.jpgth_325-1.jpg

I have never had problems with this assembly.

As you were able to see on my first comment, I make conversions for the friends who play with me. There is no pro-shop near to my home, I repair since a few years and I use a rather simple and more very reliable system. I make you share my experience, because I saw on this forum of the assemblies which would have been able to be more looked after. This system is not expensive, the guy just has to be skillful and handyman...

th_318-1.jpg

th_329.jpgthe simple système(inox and galva treatement)th_335-1.jpgth_325-1.jpg

I have never had problems with this assembly.

I shall modify the size(format) of the photo when I shall have found the method, sorry...