Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

could you help to buy nuts and bolt for custom skates?

i will order nuts and bolt using ebay .

but i'm not sure which product is proper.

please advice

go to mcmaster and you should be able to find tnuts and bolts. You can go with 6/32 or 8/32. Ive done mounts with both and while both are able to withstand the rigors of hockey, I just prefer to use the 8/32. However the 6/32 tends to be more 'forgiving' if you did misalign the holes. You will need a 6mm drill bit for the tee nut barrel.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#tee-nuts/=h5x9ck

You can choose the bolt/screw as well:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screw-fasteners/=h5x9rt

Pan philips head, or this slotted hex work. The slotted hex eliminates the need for a washer

http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screw-fasteners/=h5xaf8

Just picked up a par of Bauer Apx iceskates.

I have two different frames to choose from.

1) Bauer Magnesium (from Rx-60's)

2) Mission Vanguard Alu (standalone frame-set)

Feel like I'm more on my toes with my current Rx-60's, than with my old CCM 10.0 + Misison Vanguard conversion.

Is that because the Pitch is different between the frames, or because the pitch is different between the boots (or maybe both)?

Also would the pitch with the Apx+Mag setup be the same as the Rx-60, or do I need a heellift/shim?

Edited by Patrick67

Just picked up a par of Bauer Apx iceskates.

I have two different frames to choose from.

1) Bauer Magnesium (from Rx-60's)

2) Mission Vanguard Alu (standalone frame-set)

Feel like I'm more on my toes with my current Rx-60's, than with my old CCM 10.0 + Misison Vanguard conversion.

Is that because the Pitch is different between the frames, or because the pitch is different between the boots (or maybe both)?

Also would the pitch with the Apx+Mag setup be the same as the Rx-60, or do I need a heellift/shim?

I have both RX60's and APXR's and to me they feel like they have the same pitch and I have no trouble skating between the two.

I think your difference in Vanguard frame/pitch/skate fit will defiantly be different on the CCM's than on the APX and RX60's.

Here is my first ice to roller conversion a buddy at my LHS did all the work! All I have to do is enjoy them.

Ultra G3 with chassis from my now defunct RX25's.

600X350.jpg

which position is correct center 1 or 2?

could you advice?

1.axle to axle(based on wheel grounding point)

2.wheel to wheel(based on wheel size)

The frame is hilo(72mm/80mm)center_frame.jpg

Edited by releap

Don't forget to visually check the alignment. The wheels should be sticking out as much in front as the back, unless you are planning on mounting them biased front/rear

I think you mean forward pitch... I meant mounting the chassis more forward/backward to give you a more customised feel. Someone on this thread has done it both ways, mounting forward I think gave more speed, mounting the chassis more to the heel made you more on your toes but also more maneurability (*spelling).

Dont know if this is the right place to post, but here it goes.

Has anyone change the bauer rx60 hi-lo frame for a labeda all 80mm frame?

if so, did you make new holes for the labeda frame or use the ones from the hi-lo?

Following sprung-mouting instruction,

they move middle of center toward 1/4" inch, do you know why?

i can't understand. please advise.

---------sprung mouting instruction--------------

1) Find something that shows up on the sole and mark the center of the toe and heel on the sole. Check the boot and sole to best find the center spots.

2) Draw a line from the toe spot to the heel spot.

3) Find the center of the line on the sole between the end edges of the sole and mark it.

4) Measure 1/4" toward the heel from the center point and mark this point with a line across the sole at 90 degrees to the center line.

5) Align the frame with the center of the toe mount and heel mount on the center line, and the horizontal cross member in the center of the frame lined up with the horizontal line on the sole (# 4).

6 Drill the holes through the frame (you can drill inward a little to avoid hitting the frame with the drill, and they will mount easier because of the slight angle). Or mark the mount holes through the frame and drill with the frame removed.

7) ENJOY

Hey Guys,

I've been reading the thread. Had my hummers mounted to my bauer 7K's but that boot is just too heavey and seems to want to soak up the sweat from the inline game. The shop I went to (without naming names PIAS) took over three weeks to mount them and one skate was about 1/16th to 1/8th off from left to right. Regardless they didn't charge me and they were mounted. So no harm done.

Now I just aquired a pair of NEW X60's that are going to get a fresh pair of mission Mag's. Does anyone know of a local ship on the Philly, KOP area that will mount these up, and do them right, with out them crying about it? I work and skate at Oaks, like pulling teeth to get work done at that shop, they were my first failed attempt, my skates sat there for two weeks as well.

My best option now is to send a care package to my buddies up in Boston, they have two shops up north that can do this work, (Zwickers and TSR) but I'm trying to avoid the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just did these this past weekend.

Big thanks for fatwabbit for responding to my PM and directing me to some threads.

skate2o.jpg

skateu.jpg

Bauer one95

Mission Vanguard

Labeda gripper millennium wheels

Bones swiss bearings

I did a couple pairs of Graf G35s with Mission Vanguards (Sadly since retired). Currently Wearing Vapor XXXX's With a mission Magnesium that I absolutely love. Also did a pair of One95's with Mission Mag similar to English's for a teammate.

Next pair I'm thinking of taking my Custom S17 Ice boot and putting the Mission Mag on them.

I did a couple pairs of Graf G35s with Mission Vanguards (Sadly since retired). Currently Wearing Vapor XXXX's With a mission Magnesium that I absolutely love. Also did a pair of One95's with Mission Mag similar to English's for a teammate.

Next pair I'm thinking of taking my Custom S17 Ice boot and putting the Mission Mag on them.

did the g35s have the texalite outsole? why did you retire them? the reason i'm asking is because i've always wanted to do some 703's but have heard the texalite outsole is not good for inline conversion.

The G35s had one of Graf's early composite outsoles on them. The first pair the toe box ripped off and the second the outsole just eventually seperated and tore off the boot. Admittedly, I didn't take as great care of them as inlines as I did using them for ice, but they just didn't hold up great. They had the older style, less stiff boot, and it just wasn't made for the kind of torsion inline brings. The outer materials also didn't hold up great. A lot more abuse and friction in Inline. My XXXX's have held up great. The boot is obviously much stiffer and the outer materials. Honestly Graf's are a tough skate for any conversion, even just going Cobra to TUUK, just because they are designed for screws not rivets, so the outsoles dont hold up as well, especially if they have been used before. Great, comfortable skate, but I would recommend being very careful if you really want to try to convert them, and to definitely use some sort of sole reinforcement, like a washer to make the conversion.

The G35s had one of Graf's early composite outsoles on them. The first pair the toe box ripped off and the second the outsole just eventually seperated and tore off the boot. Admittedly, I didn't take as great care of them as inlines as I did using them for ice, but they just didn't hold up great. They had the older style, less stiff boot, and it just wasn't made for the kind of torsion inline brings. The outer materials also didn't hold up great. A lot more abuse and friction in Inline. My XXXX's have held up great. The boot is obviously much stiffer and the outer materials. Honestly Graf's are a tough skate for any conversion, even just going Cobra to TUUK, just because they are designed for screws not rivets, so the outsoles dont hold up as well, especially if they have been used before. Great, comfortable skate, but I would recommend being very careful if you really want to try to convert them, and to definitely use some sort of sole reinforcement, like a washer to make the conversion.

thanks for the input. based on your experience and from some others, i'm not going to risk the conversion. i wish i could still buy the old grafs with the plastic outsole.

thanks for the input. based on your experience and from some others, i'm not going to risk the conversion. i wish i could still buy the old grafs with the plastic outsole.

I'm not going to disagree with you pure hockey, but I have had zero problems (*Knocks on wood*) with my current converted 705's with the new outsole. They have been fantastic. I love the softness of the boot compared to the "cast" feel of most top end stuff now.

I'm not going to disagree with you pure hockey, but I have had zero problems (*Knocks on wood*) with my current converted 705's with the new outsole. They have been fantastic. I love the softness of the boot compared to the "cast" feel of most top end stuff now.

Kovie, can you post pics of how you mounted - I'm particularly interested in where the rivets are located. Also, what size grafs and what size frame did you use? Thanks

Kovie, can you post pics of how you mounted - I'm particularly interested in where the rivets are located. Also, what size grafs and what size frame did you use? Thanks