Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

hello my name is Sebastian and I'm from Argentina, this country is very difficult to get the tools and parts necessary to build a skate with the characteristics you see in the post .. I would like to buy some skate like that I could see from the photos the topic, could someone tell me how to get one, or someone who wants to sell

thank you very much and very good topic

niice setups....

Random Question, Did anybody drill holes on the toe cap to allow some air for the toes? (Reebok roller line, pre-bauer mission, and upcoming top of the line mission skates)

@sebasvilar - I live in Brasil and a lot of guys here play with converted skates. Just buy regular hardware. Take a look.

Here are my two converted skates. I'm having problems with the attachment of the pictures. Don't know why. Anyway.

Bauer X60 Limited Edition 10.5D with Labeda Hum'er 6000 (Tour Cobalt 8.8 chassis).

Nike Bauer Supreme one90 10D with Labeda CatEye (Tour Code 1 EX chassis).

Both with 2mm lift (back and front) and purchased used on ebay. 

The Tours I skated for about a year on each, the boots craked and I kept the chassis.

I'm playing with Mission Swiss LE 608 bearings and Labeda Gripper wheels.

Edited by pedrotoledorama

New wheels! Pro-Stock X60's with Mission Mag frames and Addiction wheels. Thanks to Simon (Team Blue) and Eric at the Warwick Pro Shop.

Beautiful skates man. I'm jealous. My next skates will be Vapor series boots converted, but I'm a Labeda chassis guy.

One100s, Mission Mag, Hornet Splits.

Currently they have elite oval laces and black/white splits

Those look great. I've always loved the look of the Supreme line, too bad my Vapors fit my foot better.

Edited by Makoto

I'm getting ready to do a conversion, and I'm looking for a sprung a7 chassis. Does anyone know where I can find a set.

Another question. How much speed would I lose if I went with all 76mm wheels instead of all 80mm. Would I really be able to notice??

I can find an A6 chassis right now which only uses 72mm, and 76mm. I would just get that one if there wasn't too much of a difference between 76's and 80's

I can find an A6 chassis right now which only uses 72mm, and 76mm. I would just get that one if there wasn't too much of a difference between 76's and 80's

try pm'ing romdj. i think he has a6 for sale.

Willy, so you would just go with an A6, and use 76mm wheels instead of trying to find an A7 so I can use 80s??

I'm a 8.5 Bauer, so I have the option of using either an A6, or A7 frame.

Willy, so you would just go with an A6, and use 76mm wheels instead of trying to find an A7 so I can use 80s??

I'm a 8.5 Bauer, so I have the option of using either an A6, or A7 frame.

I wear 8 in Bauer and had A7s. They are great but I thought the wheelbase was just slightly long for size 8. I think with size 8.5 you'd be better off with a7 though. Plus you have the option of using all 80s. How much do you weigh? You might ask Keith if you need a7 based on your weight.

Very good skates Peter, that's what I'm looking to do, I have the same chassis all I need to get the boot on ebay, just do not know if you'll know, but imports are closed in Argentina making it very difficult to get things

but I will see what I can do .. thank you very much for your answer

Greetings from Argentina

@pedrotoledorama Very good skates Peter, that's what I'm looking to do, I have the same chassis all I need to get the boot on ebay, just do not know if you'll know, but imports are closed in Argentina making it very difficult to get things

but I will see what I can do .. thank you very much for your answer

Greetings from Argentina

some of the Ice boot conversions i have done for my lad, 4 wheel inlines on 64 mm wheels look wrong and clumsy to me,

top one is a 3x80mm which is probably a bit tall,

the 3x72 one which is the lower one looks better and is used very effectively,

lower frame is 3mm carbon and has taken some serious use over 2 years on several boots,

upper frame is 2mm carbon with a heel spacer and is relatively unused at present

http://imageshack.us...6/dscf0797.png/

dscf0797lp.jpg

Edited by vince57

@sebasvilar : Thank you for the reply! I know how difficult is get some stuff in South America. In Brasil we have to pay a lot in taxes and shipping, just sucks.

I know some guys in BsAs and San Isidro that could help you!!! They play worlds and travel a lot.

And there's a place, Peru Beach, in San Isidro that also has a pro shop!! I've been there 4 times. Maybe you will find something.

@pedrotoledorama Thanks Peter .. bruno and facundo know, I played league bsas in peru beach several times but we are already enrolled in another league. I saw some x60 facundo uses ice as I have now so when I consult for bsas

let us know how they last. i've been nervous about converting my 703's.

Sure. I've only used them for two games, but so far so good. I'll update in this thread:

http://www.modsquadh...-from-graf-g3s/

But here are some helpful tips from my mistakes:

1. You have to find a chassis with a wide sole plate otherwise portions of it will be mounted to the fabric portion of the graf sole, making it unstable.

a. I tested out the Mission aluminium vanguards and the suregrips 400s and neither worked.

2. Use graf mountings screws ( long screws in the back, short screws in the front)

3. The mounting holes from the graf holders don't line up, so it would help to epoxy with loctite before mounting your new chassis.

Edited by x-axis

1. You have to find a chassis with a wide sole plate otherwise portions of it will be mounted to the fabric portion of the graf sole, making it unstable.

this is what i was worried about :(

this is what i was worried about :(

Yeah. That's the thing that will get ya.

I was speaking with a guy from my lhs and he recommended red star chassis. Not sure how easy it is to find them nowadays but may be worth a shot. Not even sure they would work but that's what he recommended. I'll snap a pic of my soles tomorrow to show you. They line up pretty well.

Edited by x-axis

My custom NXG's are supposed to arrive at the shop Monday. I will mount them up when I get them and post pics. :)

Here is the setup:

Bauer Custom NXG Boot (6.25 D/AA)

Mission Vanguard Frame (From T9's)

Labeda Addiction Wheels (Orange 78A)

Bones Super Red Bearings

Elite Oval Laces

Have to say I am very excited! My Graf 705 are literally marshmallows stiffness wise after 9 months of usage (Very disappointed about that).

Edited by kovalchuk71