Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Any painting store, It works like a super super fine sandpaper. Another more time consuming method I used in the past is a cheap gritty toothpaste and cheese cloth.

Any painting store, It works like a super super fine sandpaper. Another more time consuming method I used in the past is a cheap gritty toothpaste and cheese cloth.

But the steel wool doesn't scrape the frame itself at all? That's awesome.

this may sound like a stupid question...

But why does everyone say use 6/32' tee nuts....

Aren't they just 3/16' Tee nuts?

this may sound like a stupid question...

But why does everyone say use 6/32' tee nuts....

Aren't they just 3/16' Tee nuts?

6-32, not 6/32".

Small machine screws are sized by gauge and thread pitch- i.e. 10-24, 10-32, 8-24, 8-32, etc. First number is screw diameter, second is thread pitch.

well that would explain it, but im certain i saw someone write 6/32 on another forum somewhere. either way i could only source 3/16 so they seem to be working fine (not doing roller conversion, but replacing a broken holder.)

it should be noted in australia it would mean posting boots and products away and getting them back a couple of weeks later, as there is zero people locally to do it (the local rink i dont even trust sharpening my skates)

well that would explain it, but im certain i saw someone write 6/32 on another forum somewhere. either way i could only source 3/16 so they seem to be working fine (not doing roller conversion, but replacing a broken holder.)

it should be noted in australia it would mean posting boots and products away and getting them back a couple of weeks later, as there is zero people locally to do it (the local rink i dont even trust sharpening my skates)

Do it yourself! I've been mounting skates in my garage for over 4 years using teenuts and bolts. Let me know if you need any help.

Just got my RBK 8K skates converted to rollers, local shop was selling the RBK Labeda frames for $49 so couldn't resist.

All in cost for frames, conversion, bearings and wheels was $150

photo.JPG

Didn't do it but got these a couple of months ago, I figured for the guys that don't have access to tools such as rivet machine or else this could be a simple & straightforward but nevertheless practical & durable option.

dsc0976ma.jpg
dsc0977v.jpg
dsc0978u.jpg
dsc0979w.jpg
dsc0980sf.jpg
dsc0982s.jpg
dsc0984u.jpg

I've done a conversion using counter-sunk screws and self-locking nuts once, didn't feel those at all - they are flatter than the T-nut version which you can feel a little bit but stop to notice after a few minutes. I suppose these screws here are hardly noticeable once the insole is in.

Interesting. I guess you used locktite on the bolts? Also -- can you feel the bolts under the sole? That would really bother me. Nice self-jobber though!

Nope I don't feel a thing, they are the xxxx footbeds which have some sort of carbon fiber underneath.

Yup. Not the new Mission frame with the new cutouts but still the 80 80 76 76 wheel set up.

Nice..........

APX2 & rivets, and what I assume is a Mission Mag 76-76-80-80 frame?

Size 6.5

Those skates look tiny!

Cant wait to see what the APX2R skate is going to cost. APX cost was 799.99 and APXR was 849.99 - APX2 cost is 849.99 so APX2R cost might be 899.99?

What do you guys think about converting an X:50, the outsole is described as "Full texallium composite" and should be less stiff than the carbon outsole on the X:60 - would it be stiff enough to support an inline frame for a ~80kg (180lbs) advanced level skater?

What do you guys think about converting an X:50, the outsole is described as "Full texallium composite" and should be less stiff than the carbon outsole on the X:60 - would it be stiff enough to support an inline frame for a ~80kg (180lbs) advanced level skater?

You'll be fine with that outsole mounting a chassis on it.

Picked up my latest conversion last week, i have played 2 games with them and so far they are delivering what i want!

Bauer Supreme one100

Labeda Hum'er Eviction

Labeda Addiction

Bsb Swiss

DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

DSC_0391.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

Edited by Lilliz

^^ Nice! I am actually thinking about doing a similar set up. Why are the rivets from the LS2s still in the forefoot though?

Might have just used them to plug the old holes. Not sure why he didnt just use plugs and epoxy to cover the old holes.

^^ Nice! I am actually thinking about doing a similar set up. Why are the rivets from the LS2s still in the forefoot though?