Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

^ Nice one - love the X:60.

Once I've grown comfortable with my X7.0 I'll go ahead and convert my X:60s as-well. Still not sure if I'll go Mission HiLo or Labeda (well, Rbk powered by Labeda) straight 80mm, any suggestions? Currently feeling OK with my One95 + Vanguard setup, but why not try something new?

They look a little too far back. I would prefer the chassis to be moved 1-2 cm forward. But you may like them the way they are.

Might have just used them to plug the old holes. Not sure why he didnt just use plugs and epoxy to cover the old holes.

The equipment manager left them there to plug the old holes, this is how they allways does it so i really don't care.

The only modification i do with the skates is to put some epoxy in the hole that is dremmeled out and around the plug in the back of the skate.

This is to prevent sweat from dripping on the wheels during the warmer days.

They make little plastic plugs that are made for that exact purpose. Leaving them doesnt really make a difference but I would rather them plugged and glued with the plastic plugs.

The equipment manager left them there to plug the old holes, this is how they allways does it so i really don't care.

The only modification i do with the skates is to put some epoxy in the hole that is dremmeled out and around the plug in the back of the skate.

This is to prevent sweat from dripping on the wheels during the warmer days.

I just received my Mag Vanguards, looks like I'd do my X:60s with those once I've grown comfortable to the 7.0 :)

Looking forward to my third conversion, now with me method dialed in it should take me just one instead of three nights ;)

Finally got around to getting this conversion. Thanks to Jakes in El Segundo for an excellent job!

The frame is an 80-76-76-72. Does anyone know if this will fit an ice boot conversion or is there another wheel set up that will fit and or I what do I need to do? The two in front look like the same clearance.

IMG_5466_zps61f58317.jpg

IMG_5468_zps7ea6cc23.jpg

Edited by SirJW

Hello, I think truly fascinating skates different configurations I see in this post. I live in Argentina and here it is very difficult to get the boots or frame to build something. now I have a boot bauer x60 humer a Labeda frame 9000 I could buy in the hockey world from Italy in 2011 and I wonder if anyone has any custom skate for sale size 7? I wish I could get some custom skate since I have had very good results

3 sizes for any chassis: small-medium-large

they usually match from one generation to the other, and drilling holes are likely to be constant as long as the size is being kept

Edited by romdj

Are most of you guys doing this work yourself or having a local shop do it?

I've been considering going this route eventually in hopes of ultimately setting up a really nice high quality skate without the new price tag of the high end skates.

Edited by sjs0433

Mako conversion pics will be up in the next few hours....... :popcorn:

can't wait, congrats on your new skates! :)

A lot of work. Not completely finished yet.

Just an interesting fact, these skates weigh in a 1094 grams each. Stupid light. This is compared to my Bauer X:60 Skates, which weigh 1217 grams each. ~125g difference.

Edited by kovalchuk71

A lot of work. Not completely finished yet.

Did you have to create shims or anything in order to fix the chassis to the boot? As it does not have that flat outsole?