Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Vapor or APX Range are the same cut, and Supreme's are Supremes.

Think im going to try this soon. Current RX60's are starting to become uncomfortable after long periods of time and inline just doesn't seem to have many options :(

Although the APX2R look good!!

It's hard not been able to try much of the gear on in Australia, do te ice and inline boots fit EXACTLY the same??

If the RX60 suited the fit of your foot the APX2R won't be too far off

One thing to note though.... in One95's I was a 7D and Total One NXG's I dropped down half a size. to 6.5

Certain you will want to try an APX2 on before throwing down the money.

Assuming you aren't in Sydney?

Just purchased an old 8090 skate for 60€, only used once - looking forward to that conversion, I still have a spare Mag Vanguard somewhere :)

It will be much softer and heavier than my other skates (One95, X:60), but if it keeps me from having to switch wheels twice a week...

• Like 1

8.5D, so I assume there will be more than enough room on the outsole to mount the chassis. Should arrive via postal service within the next few days.

Glad to hear you like them, for me those were just before I got into hockey so it so I have no first-handed experience with the 8090s.

These aren't ice but I put a Marsblade (love it) chassis on my Axiom T9's. So far I've played one season on them and they've held up really well. The Marsblade does a pretty good job simulating the rocker of an ice skate which is why I put them on in place of the Magnesium HiLo stock setup.

Edited by wehojp84

Has anyone tried to mount the new Mission 76/80 hi lo to a Graf G35x boot with the newer style carbon outsole? The center of the boot has a cut out that steps down and makes me very skeptical to drill.. Let me know if anyone has any experience with the newer Grafs or a hockey shop in NJ that does good custom work..

Possible Swap

http://s158.photobucket.com/user/KILLERWHALE89/media/1_zps2af45c66.jpg.html

Vapor 10 Prostock Ice Skates - Bure still wears them for a reason.

APXR Inline

Love Vapor boot > APXR boot

APXR + Sprung possibility ?>? Vapor + Hi-Lo...time will tell

or Vapor 10 + Sprung > APXR?

Tough decisions!

Edited by KILLERWHALE

These aren't ice but I put a Marsblade (love it) chassis on my Axiom T9's. So far I've played one season on them and they've held up really well. The Marsblade does a pretty good job simulating the rocker of an ice skate which is why I put them on in place of the Magnesium HiLo stock setup.

Do you have any experience with Sprung/Tuuk Rocker? If so, please comment

Also, where did you buy Marsblade? Can you give specific areas where you see improvement (e.g take off, acceleration while in motion, turns, stops). What is it made of?

I am used to Rocker and Hi-Lo, but always looking for an edge to push limits. Thanks

Edited by KILLERWHALE
  • Like 1

Hi guys!

My name is Per Mårs and I'm the inventor of Marsblade. Since it has been discussed in this thread I thought that I could tell you a bit about the product and the story.

Originally I developed it to improve my off season training as I didn't have access to ice during the summers and wanted to be able to develop a proper skating technique and activate the right muscles. During the development process I also found out that the rocker did not only improve my off season training, it also gave a lot smoother movement pattern, quicker turns and more fluid and efficient stride.

I'm really glad to se this specific topic since the problem of switching from ice to inline and vice versa was exactly what I wanted to solve.

We launched in Sweden last spring and haven't been able to launch in North America yet since we are still a small company. This is why customers in North America haven't been able to purchase in our web-shop yet. However, we are now in the phase of launching in a small scale in North America this spring and will open the shop during the spring.

We are exhibiting at the Let's Play Hockey Expo 7-8 March in Minnesota, if you're there, please feel free to stop by at our booth.

Please feel free to ask any questions should you have any.

Best Regards Per Mårs, Marsblade

Edited by Marsblade

Hi guys!

My name is Per Mårs and I'm the inventor of Marsblade. Since it has been discussed in this thread I thought that I could tell you a bit about the product and the story.

Originally I developed it to improve my off season training as I didn't have access to ice during the summers and wanted to be able to develop a proper skating technique and activate the right muscles. During the development process I also found out that the rocker did not only improve my off season training, it also gave a lot smoother movement pattern, quicker turns and more fluid and efficient stride.

I'm really glad to se this specific topic since the problem of switching from ice to inline and vice versa was exactly what I wanted to solve.

We launched in Sweden last spring and haven't been able to launch in North America yet since we are still a small company. This is why customers in North America haven't been able to purchase in our web-shop yet. However, we are now in the phase of launching in a small scale in North America this spring and will open the shop during the spring.

We are exhibiting at the Let's Play Hockey Expo 7-8 March in Minnesota, if you're there, please feel free to stop by at our booth.

Please feel free to ask any questions should you have any.

Best Regards Per Mårs, Marsblade

You might wanna think about selling without the whole "package". $300 is a lot to spend, and most people would rather just use their own wheels/bearings. I know for myself I would have no use for the wheels. I use super hard wheels outdoors, super soft for sport court. The all purpose wheels are just a waste for me.

I could not be any more interested in this product, since I have a really hard time switching back and forth. Currently doing some messing around with the pitch of my roller skates to try and get them to feel more like my ice skates. A product like this could be a life saver for me.

So hopefully you release in the US soon and WITHOUT wheels and bearings.

You might wanna think about selling without the whole "package". $300 is a lot to spend, and most people would rather just use their own wheels/bearings. I know for myself I would have no use for the wheels. I use super hard wheels outdoors, super soft for sport court. The all purpose wheels are just a waste for me.

I could not be any more interested in this product, since I have a really hard time switching back and forth. Currently doing some messing around with the pitch of my roller skates to try and get them to feel more like my ice skates. A product like this could be a life saver for me.

Glad that you're interested in our product!

Yes, I totally understand your feedback and we are actually launching a package without wheels and bearings. It's being produced as we speak. The large package will be about 249 USD and without wheels and bearings it will be about 199 USD. We will launch a Ambassadors offer on the large package within a couple of weeks so keep your eyes out for that on our web and facebook.

All the best //Per

• Like 1

I ordered a Mars Blade a couple months ago and mounted them on an old pair of MLX skates. I absolutely love it. My favorite aspect of it is how customizable it is. I constantly tinker with my equipment, and this is the 3rd pair of converted skates that I have made. Being able to tighten and loosen the frame really lets you dig into the skate. With the MLX holder being screwed on, I was able to play around with the setting before drilling some new holes on the boot as well. Once you are out skating, you get far more feel than any inline frame that I have used before, including sprungs. I hate to sound like a homer, but if you give the Mars Blade a chance, I think you'll love it. I am skating better on inline than I ever have before, and with much greater feel and stopping power.

The large package will be about 249 USD and without wheels and bearings it will be about 199 USD.

Wow, any chance we will be able to get something similar in Europe? The current pricing 280€ (2500SEK) is what is keeping me from giving them a try to be honest.

Wow, any chance we will be able to get something similar in Europe? The current pricing 280€ (2500SEK) is what is keeping me from giving them a try to be honest.

The pricing will be different on each market. However, we are launching an Ambassadors offer within a couple of weeks.

Edited by Gummer12

Glad that you're interested in our product!

Yes, I totally understand your feedback and we are actually launching a package without wheels and bearings. It's being produced as we speak. The large package will be about 249 USD and without wheels and bearings it will be about 199 USD. We will launch a Ambassadors offer on the large package within a couple of weeks so keep your eyes out for that on our web and facebook.

All the best //Per

That sounds awesome. Can't wait to try them out.

I've been reading and looking at all the conversions, and thanks to althoma1 for his Sprungs advice, I now have a conversion, though it's chassis only. Still, seems folks like to see pics, so I thought I'd post what I came up with. Thanks to everyone for ideas re dying and customizing. I'm still probably going to try and find an ice boot eventually, but these Missions are still pretty new and I didn't want to have them go idle for no reason.

12982343654_a56509ed9d_z.jpg

and then I decided I wanted to change colors, so...

13089265725_114bb0ed4a_z.jpg

Edited by brokensword

Can't wait to have my next conversion on here....love my RBZ's but eh, the lace bite I'm not a fan of unfortunately. Next skates should solve that problem, once I get them

I had Alkali CA9s but they were a bit too big and I like my CCM Crazy Light ice skates so I picked up a pair of CL's off ebay for $195 and converted them at my local hockey shop.

skates.jpg

CCM Crazy Lights Size 9

Mission Hi-Lo Vanguard Chassis

Bones Swiss Ceramic Bearings

Revision Wheels Axis Wheels

Cheaper than buying new RBZs.

Hi all , been looking to buy a pair of cheap and cheerful ice skates to convert to something I can batter the crap out on outdoor courts , think really rough tarmac . I've came across an olde pair of KOHO Revolution 2220 that have a current price of 99p + £12 delivery , was thinking about using Bauer one Up chassis ( again much cheapness ) will probably splash out on a set of Labeda asphalts to finish off this mongrel conversion. . Anyone done anything similar or will I be better off just buying a £40-50 pair of second hand inliners ?

Edited by Nosferatu

I wasn't in the game before there were carbon outsoles available, but I have converted a x3.0 which has a bendy plastic outsole and simply hate the feel. Older skates might have the same "issue" regarding outsoles, maybe someone else can comment on that factor?

The Bauer OneUP is the cheapest chassis in .eu shops currently available, but I haven't heard any positive feedback (plenty of bent/ripped frames). Most shops also offer the aluminium Easton frame for <50€ including axels and spacers, those might be worth a closer look.

What I did is to get a few pieces of 1mm thermo-formable plastics and glue them to the high wear area of my skates (a pair dedicated for the rough tarmac surface at one location).