Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

Is there a rule against the LHS buying it online and selling it for what they normally do. Seems to me they still would make a profit and would be less likely to piss people off. I don't think it's illegal. Just a thought. seems to me that the Visor guy woul dhave gotten his visor earlier.

There is no rule. However, the online shop is in competition with the LHS. The LHS would not buy the item at the same cost from the online shop that he would get buying direct from the vendor. The LHS would pay more for the same item from the online shop. So, the LHS will make no profit on the sale. The LHS would probably lose money after shipping costs, too. You have a good idea in theory that unfortunately doesn't work in the real world.

Edited by DarkStar50

Oldtrainerguy, you'll soon learn that there isn't a problem (according to jimmy) that can't be blamed on the internet shops or having a guaranteed buyback program.

What he fails to realize is the big retailers get f'd just as easily from the mfgs..

Oldtrainerguy, you'll soon learn that there isn't a problem (according to jimmy) that can't be blamed on the internet shops or having a guaranteed buyback program.

What he fails to realize is the big retailers get f'd just as easily from the mfgs..

Just a question....have you ever seen a picture of a product on an Internet site they dont have in stock?

I thought so.....

If an Internet store where to keep an Inventory as is on there website at all times how would they stil be in business.

Someone that works at one can correct me but do they not Drop ship a fair amount of there orders except for say buy out and clearence things they would have had to purchase?

the place I worked has real time online inventory so if it shows a size/model in stock...its there...a hassle to implement but well worth it customer service wise

Just a question....have you ever seen a picture of a product on an Internet site they dont have in stock?

I thought so.....

If an Internet store where to keep an Inventory as is on there website at all times how would they stil be in business.

Someone that works at one can correct me but do they not Drop ship a fair amount of there orders except for say buy out and clearence things they would have had to purchase?

actually i have seen a picture on hockeymonkey.com that they didnt have in stock. it was EastonAir gloves, in black so i ordered some in my size. had the selections and everything.

they had none of them.

My lhs has the same supplier as hockeygiant and it seems hockeygiant tends to list products on their site that may not be in stock, but I'm sure most internet shops do that.

Reviving this topic. There is three things that piss that hell out of me. Number one people who come in and pick up everythign and put it in all the worng places. Number two assholes who come in 2 minute before we close to LOOK at sticks "for their kids". They stand there for 30 mins afer we're closed with full intention of waiting to bring there kids back later. What really makes this bad is when they make a smartass comment when everyone is just sanding waiting at the front like "you guys really want to get outta here eh?" when its friday night. YOu're damn right I do. Lastly this doesnt really bug me that much as much as it does amuse me. lol does anyone else notice that 99% of customers come in and say "i have a wide foot" or "he has a wide foot" lol when realistically at least in our store about half of them really do.

Today when I was doing this one kids skates and he was checking out our sticks and just flexing the shit out of them. I should have told him to stop but I was just waiting fo hear a crack from one of the sticks. If that would have happened I would have asked the kid how his new stick was treating him... B)

i dont even work in my lhs and i get a little ticked when i walk in and the stick rack is screwed up there is junior LH sticks on the senior RH rack etc

Oh really. So how does someone who gets a 30% discount get screwed? ;) Also first priority for shipping because they are a "high volume" dealer. I'd love to hear the woes of the internet dealer as to how they are getting screwed by the man. Especially when they have personal sales reps catering to their every demand.

Its been awhile since I've added one but.....

The next customer who gives me the line "Do you know how much money I spend here?" will be shot.

Thats whywe implemnted a tracking system so when they say that we can pull up what there team has spent on anything in the store and if they have spent 2000.00 for a whole team in a season we can simply tell them "yes we can tell you....." and you still arent getting a discount.

i hate it when:

1. i just arranged the glove wall and people mix and match 2 different gloves and stick it where they shouldn't

2. ask if they can get a discount i.e "oh yah buddy, and the hookups too"

WTF GUY?

3. when kids start pulling on the store dog's tail and chase him to the back and try to go upstairs

4. when people ask if theres a composite stick for under $100 CDN. I point out Vapor V, VI, Velocity, Powetech and they say they want something better. Not for under $100 you aint.

5. people who come in and ask if we sell pool sticks and cases. Wtf? THE HOCKEY SHOP SOURCE FOR SPORTS.

I love that dog...

I find it difficult to give deals to people who drive up in BMW's and Mercedes' and still need a deal.

Or the rich pricks who park in the handicap zone and no parking zone in front of the door because they feel they are too important to walk an extra 20 yards!

Dude...DUDE....you are so right, and that was worthy of a double post. When I worked retail that was my biggest pet peeve, rich assholes in Beemers etc. that "didn't want the doors dinged". I'd tell them there were plenty of spots way to hell and gone in the corner of lot where no one would park near them. I have those pricks.

had a bunch of people saying they wanted to cancel their custom order, so then we look for his order for like 30 minutes then at that time he calls again saying he wants to cancel his cancellation.

I work in a shop in the UK called hockey range.

I get Under10 kids asking to order products in which there not going to buy like XXX lites which in the uk are over £200. Then you dont order it in and the next week they come in the store acting like there 50 having a go at you for not having it in "i ordered this stick last week, where is it? i was told it would be in! when i order something i expect it to be in!!" Little Sh*t.

also when kids stand buy the counter and ask how much is everything in the store when it has prices on it.

also wen they come in the shop asking what they can buy for X amount.

another think i hate is when parents want to get there kids skate miles to big for them and they thnik it will be fine and they will grow into them!!!

some things are also getting mad at you when the product is late arriving due to a holiday occuring during the week. That or shooting rolls of tape around the store with 200 dollar sticks

Disrespectful people piss me off. You greet them with a smile and they expect you to cater to their every whim. I've had people litterally throw their skates at me and walk out. In other word "please sir, could you give me a sharpening?" I only have one grip. About a month ago a lady from out of town brings in her son's XXX Lite. It's broken at the handel and she starts ripping me to shreads. Note that I've only been working for about 5 minutes, I took over for one of my co-workers. She's screaming at me to refund her money or give her a brand new stick. I told her that we can't refund her money or give her a new stick it's up to her to deal with Bauer. She flips a lid and screamed that her kid used it 2 shifts, which it looked brand new, not a mark on it cept a crack like

________

____\_____ Just below the handel. The thing is she said it just broke out of the blue. The kid is a left haded shot and the crack was broken inward. there is no way not even on a shot could that stick have been broke inward for a left handed shot. It looked like he had taken a puck right in the shaft or had cross checked someone really hard. I told her she has to send it back. She threatened me that she was just going to take one off the rack and I told her to get ready for a free ride in a police car. After arguing my manager came in and what does he do? He gives her a new one. My manager is a softie and won't stick up to anyone. I mean if it was someone from town we always dealt with I'd have no problem with him giving her a new stick but this lady was whacked.

Actually sticks do break inwards. At least shafts. Broke my Easton Z-Bubble shaft 85 flex that way a few years back when doing a slapshot. Could get it how it happened but it did. Larry's Sports Shop has no problem exchanging it even though they they're in Canada and I was in the States back then.

I guess the lady in your case shouldn't have b1tched at you. That automatically set you up not to want to help her. And then it makes you feel like crap when in your mind you feel a strong NO, and then when the issue is escalated to your manager, he says here you go! to the customer.

I think personal feelings aside you shoulda exchanged the stick for the b., I mean lady. That's why the sticks have warranties and the store is covered. Part of doing business if there is shipping cost loss involved. But again, she should have been nice.

-LOL, the mom who says that the music in the store is "too funky"

Ugh...you don't work at Abercrombie and Fitch. I can't tell you how many times I've heard complaints about the music. Then you have people bitching about sizes/prices/etc.

...Do any of you guys do sharpening exclusively by appointment? I always get my skates done at this tiny shop - mostly figure skating stuff - that goes by appointment only. For some reason, they don't have much of a clientèle, so the people there have a pretty close relationship with a lot of the customers - myself included. The guy that does the sharpening there takes about 20 minutes per pair, but he does an absolutely amazing job.

good nothin ive done in your shop... so far.........

You're too smart to flex the OPS, too smart to bother us when we are sharpening skates, way too smart to ask for a discount, and you don't speak a foreign language, right? Although, with all the Russian we hear, sometimes English is a foreign language!

in states, there's a lot of russian?

try coming to detroit. one place in particular: detroit skating club. "all the big skaters" skate there. the government should pass a law requireing english to be spoken in america not a forigen langauge.

i know i'm being narrow minded and politicaly incorrect, but that is my opion.

and maybe i should learn to spell correctly.

yes you are the man, I totally agree. Why does everyone have to be politcally correct. Like not being able to say christmas tree? No one would have a problem with hanauka candles or something like that. Off topic but I needed to get that out.

When I am helping someone with a stick and they ask for a discount and i Say no sorry. Then I show them a few other things and then they leave saying that they will never shop here again and then come back in an hour or so to get their skates sharpened.

Here's one from the other side of the counter again.

I walked into our LHS with my skates in hand to get a sharpening. Two guys behind the counter, one on the phone, the other busy with something. I stood patiently at the counter waiting to be acknowledged. The non-phone guy kind of looks at me but then goes back to what he is doing. He did this a few times - looked up at me, then back down to what he was doing....I continued to stand there.

I think finally I annoyed him enough he actually had to open his mouth and ask me if I wanted my skates sharpened. I guess his version of "Welcome to our store. Is there something I can help you with?" is looking up and making brief eye contact.

I can understand we're annoying if we don't say anything and just throw the skates at the sharpening people expecting them to read our minds, but what ever happened to a proper greeting when someone arrives at your store?

He's the only guy I've had an issue with though - otherwise a great store.