Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

Second hand story, but one I like.

Father is screaming at his young son (4 or 5) from behind the glass during the Hockey Initiation. Then opens the door to yell at him, "Hold your stick the OTHER WAY! RIGHTY!! SHOOT RIGHT!"

My friend, one of the rink pros skates up to him and says, "Hey bud. Anything I can help with?"

"Well, my kid does everything with his right hand, he needs to shoot righty, but he keeps holding it lefty! Get him to switch"

"That's not too uncommon. I do everything with my right hand, but shoot lefty. It also helps because your top hand does most of the work so a person who is normally right-handed is ok. It's really whatever feels natural."

"Yeah, well I'm his father."

My friend skated away at that point. Really nothing you can say to argue with that. Unless you want to argue paternity.

The correct response is "yeah well you're not the only one who's nailed his mom."

I can't speak for others, but I know it makes it easier for me to hit the rectal g spot when I break my foot off in your ass.

Leave it to Drew to quiet the crowd....but beware....JR and I will be bringing the 100 pack of Salada to tea bag the weak in December....

So, just had an interesting variation on a pretty common exchange with a [non]customer.

Guy calls up on the phone, and asks if I can help him out with sticks. He explains that he is trying to buy some sticks online, but doesn't know what "size" he should get. I politely told him that I could not help him purchase items online, and suggested he come to the store and check out our stick sale. He hung up.

Ten minutes later, I get another phone call. Obviously the same guy, now trying to disguise his voice. Asks if I have any elbow pads for someone *insert hight and age here*, and what size/brand they are. Again, I ask him to come in and try some on for a proper fit. *click*

Not long after, another phone call. This time it is a young sounding woman. She opens up with "Umm...I had a question..." followed by hushed whispers. I clearly hear the SAME FREAKIN GUY say "ask him what the difference between hockey pants and breezers is".

At this point, I'm pretty pissed. I asked her/them if they call resteraunts and ask for advice on how to make their dishes. The point was lost, so this time I hung up. You'd think in the age of caller ID people would get it.

Haha, thats awesome.

I think you should have made up something absurd for the answers.

Like "m'am, everyone knows breezers go in-between your 2 layers of hockey pants.

Pause...

You are wearing 2 layers of Hockey Pants right?"

"Breezers are exactly like hockey pants but crotchless."

ahhhhhhhhh lmao lol hahahahahahah. oh man that is rediculous. i just pictured the look on the guys face trying to comprehend that lol. :rolleyes:

Today in the shop. A guy comes back to get a pair of ONE95 skates he had tried on a few weeks ago. "Yeah, I want to get them but want to know if you could do a layaway." Yea, sure, leave me some money, pay them off in time, and then they are yours." "Yea, well I play here 3 times a week. My 692s need steel but I really can't put the money into them if I get these skates because I don't have a job right now. I'd like to get the skates. I'll leave you my credit card number too." " I don't think so. That's not how layaway works. I can't give you the skates unless they are paid in full." "But, but isn't there anything you can do. Isn't there someone you can talk to?" "Uh, you are talking to him right now. Sorry but I can't let everyone who wants to do what you are asking do it. Sorry." "Oh, gee."

After a few minutes, it really did take that long, he realized he wasn't getting the skates without payment in full. That would have been nice if I had agreed to his great idea and then he cancels the credit card number and I never see him again. Well, that was a first and I hope a last, too.

I think I'd be thinking about getting a job first before trying to buy a new pair of skates. New skates, really not that important. Food and shelter, definitely a necessity. I know lots of people like this, priorties totally out of whack! Can't do much to help them because of course they know everything and you're the one who's got the problem.

I think I'd be thinking about getting a job first before trying to buy a new pair of skates. New skates, really not that important. Food and shelter, definitely a necessity. I know lots of people like this, priorties totally out of whack! Can't do much to help them because of course they know everything and you're the one who's got the problem.

maybe he's just a new pair of skates away from playing in the NHL. lol

That's really unfortunate what happened Drew, i think you shouldnt flex a stick you don't intend to buy in the first place, and even if you do, like Chadd mentioned just a little pressure will give you a good idea, as for what Drew did, i think he did the right thing, anyone in the right mind would be upset if some kid did something like that, especially when the parents act the way they did.

I also think Crossbows are a pretty bad example lol , and i doubt easton would ever be worried about what one would think about their product after a situation like that, i'm sure easton would recognize the fact that some people do rediculous things, it's part of life and as it was previously said, sticks aren't meant to be handled in that matter.

Second hand story, but one I like.

Father is screaming at his young son (4 or 5) from behind the glass during the Hockey Initiation. Then opens the door to yell at him, "Hold your stick the OTHER WAY! RIGHTY!! SHOOT RIGHT!"

My friend, one of the rink pros skates up to him and says, "Hey bud. Anything I can help with?"

"Well, my kid does everything with his right hand, he needs to shoot righty, but he keeps holding it lefty! Get him to switch"

"That's not too uncommon. I do everything with my right hand, but shoot lefty. It also helps because your top hand does most of the work so a person who is normally right-handed is ok. It's really whatever feels natural."

"Yeah, well I'm his father."

My friend skated away at that point. Really nothing you can say to argue with that. Unless you want to argue paternity.

Thats unbelievable, some people have no clue! You did the right thing by not getting furtherly involved haha. He was probably troubled.

Had a 13 year old come into the shop today. Grabbed an S19, leaned into it on the rubber mat and snapped it. Told the kid he had to pay for it to which he said he didn't have any money. Told him to get his parents and they needed to pay for it. Parents come in and refuce to pay due to the fact that the stick is "faulty". I told them to read the sign and called the police. Police came in, told the parents they had to pay for the damaged merchandise. What card did they use to pay???? AmEx Centurion AKA the Black Card. They paid and said they would submit the stick to Easton, to which I replied good luck. I wrote "Warranty void: stick abuse" on the blade in silver sharpie which they noticed. What they didn't notice was the warranty stickers thet were removed while they were arguing with the officer. Moral of the story: Don't lean into a stick Junior, and if you do- your parents need to eat some crow as they pay for a stick with a credit card with an unlimited credit limit. Oh, and don't piss off the person who sharpens your skates.

Hey Drew I hope this isn't a weird question but what shop do you work at. I think I would trust that shop a little more then the others around here.

Ok moments ago, a guy comes into the shop. He said he bought skates here with his son but now he cannot find the old skates that he thinks were with him when they bought the new ones. I asked how long ago was the purchase. He said about 3 weeks. I asked what brand. He said CCM. we had just recently cleaned up the service room of old skates never picked up. I don't see any CCMs but go back out to ask him another question. As he walks away from me, he is holding a black Bauer T-shirt just off our rack. The guy is fairly well dressed, $800 designer frame glasses as well. As I walk the last 10' to talk to him, I'm looking for the shirt in his hands. I meet up with him, no shirt in hand! I look at his jacket and see a bulge. I just flat out call him out "Where's the black T-shirt?" looking at his jacket. He opens it up and there it is. "Give me the shirt and get out of here." He has the balls to say,"What about the skates?" My reply is "Do you want me to call the cops? Get the fuck out of here."

I'm still pissed.

Ok moments ago, a guy comes into the shop. He said he bought skates here with his son but now he cannot find the old skates that he thinks were with him when they bought the new ones. I asked how long ago was the purchase. He said about 3 weeks. I asked what brand. He said CCM. we had just recently cleaned up the service room of old skates never picked up. I don't see any CCMs but go back out to ask him another question. As he walks away from me, he is holding a black Bauer T-shirt just off our rack. The guy is fairly well dressed, $800 designer frame glasses as well. As I walk the last 10' to talk to him, I'm looking for the shirt in his hands. I meet up with him, no shirt in hand! I look at his jacket and see a bulge. I just flat out call him out "Where's the black T-shirt?" looking at his jacket. He opens it up and there it is. "Give me the shirt and get out of here." He has the balls to say,"What about the skates?" My reply is "Do you want me to call the cops? Get the fuck out of here."

I'm still pissed.

Maybe he made the whole skate thing up just to have a chance to steal the shirt. Some people are just idiots.

Just wanted to say that I give you guys alot of credit for keeping your cool as much as you do.......there are ALOT of stupid people out there for sure! I had to re-read a few of these because I couldn't believe someone would actually do/ask what they did!

One told to my co-worker this week:

"I'm looking for a sweat shirt for my grandson"

"Well ma'am, all of our sweat shirts are right here."

"Well, I'm looking for Ben. Will this fit Ben?"

"Hi do you need help with anything?"

" Yis I need skates. I git discount right?"

"Discount for what? Do you work at the pier?"

"No, no, discount for buying zee skates."

"No, you don't get a discount for buying a pair of skates."