Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
DarkStar50

Build your Custom skate!

I was just thinking about my favorite skate, the Daoust 301 National, circa 1981. Then I thought, wait a minute, what if I could get that boot with a few 2006 custom specs added. Here is my "Custom" skate: the Daoust 301 National boot, leather and ballistic nylon upper, with the heavy duty white cotton felt tongue, as they came out of the box. The boot would be traditional brown leather with black ballistic nylon, as they were back in the day. I would take out the leather inner sole. They always rotted out from sweat and then your rivets had nothing to sink into. I would replace that inner sole with the inner sole from a 2005 Vapor XX. No problems with those. They don't rot out and they would be lighter than the stock leather inner sole. I would replace the old plastic outer sole with the outer sole from the 2005 8090. That would also be light and get a lower profile for the boot to the ice. I would install Tuuk 2000 Clear holders(with plenty of back-up stock for repairs) in size 260. That was always my favorite Tuuk size, not the 254 I skate on now. My steel would be stainless. If that Daoust factory were still around, I would place this order today!

What do you want if you could build your skate with technology mixed from all the vendors?

The R&D lurkers are gonna love this thread! :)

Not many changes for my ideal skate:

- Start with 1st gen. Pure Fly, add 1/2" higher cut (but NOT make it stiffer like S500).

- Replace synthetic leather with Kangaroo leather.

- Add tongue from 1st gen. Wicked Lites

- Throw on some TUUK Custom+ 280 holders and stainless.

Have more ideas for customs--but those are hush-hush :ph34r: :D

EDIT:

- Also can't forget my Yellow Superfeet insoles!

- Just remembered, the higher cut is the Mission High-Fly

Edited by logan

It would also have to have the old kangaroo leather lining. May hold water and increase the weight but you couldn't beat the fit when skating barefoot. Only had to be sure that you dried them out for like the leather innersole they would rot eventually if they weren't dried properly.

Adding: For steel would use the black steel with the triangular cutouts that came on the old Vapor X it was hard to sharpen but held an edge and lasted forever.

Edited by Hkydog

this skate sounds far fetched but id take a pair of vapor xxx and make them fit my foot, pitch 3 holder and steel....instead of the metallic silver weave on the skate id make it black leather like graf 704s and make the liner a 704 suede type as well, id leave the tendon guard and the little part of the heel and the lace guesset silver and the little logos red, and def a more tradition tounge, anyone feeling me lol?

I'd take a wide Graf 705 boot, add a Nike V-12 insole, and maybe try to flare out the toe on the boot like the Nike boot and have it be the fabric covered, not plastic. Then I would add a Vapor XXX outsole to the boot. I'd put an older style Mission toung on the boot. Then I would put Black Lightspeed 2 holders on the ice version.

My inline version would be the same boot and all with a Red Star chassis, Swiss Bones Ceramics, and Labeda Fuzion wheels.

I was just thinking about my favorite skate, the Daoust 301 National, circa 1981. Then I thought, wait a minute, what if I could get that boot with a few 2006 custom specs added. Here is my "Custom" skate: the Daoust 301 National boot, leather and ballistic nylon upper, with the heavy duty white cotton felt tongue, as they came out of the box. The boot would be traditional brown leather with black ballistic nylon, as they were back in the day. I would take out the leather inner sole. They always rotted out from sweat and then your rivets had nothing to sink into. I would replace that inner sole with the inner sole from a 2005 Vapor XX. No problems with those. They don't rot out and they would be lighter than the stock leather inner sole. I would replace the old plastic outer sole with the outer sole from the 2005 8090. That would also be light and get a lower profile for the boot to the ice. I would install Tuuk 2000 Clear holders(with plenty of back-up stock for repairs) in size 260. That was always my favorite Tuuk size, not the 254 I skate on now. My steel would be stainless. If that Daoust factory were still around, I would place this order today!

What do you want if you could build your skate with technology mixed from all the vendors?

That would be a great skate......if you find one let me know.

Im serious now:

My 8090 which i own at the moment. Period.

But since were are allowed to dream now, i'd say:

Easton Synergy 1500c, customfitted so nothing digs in to my flesh and neat colorured TUUKs.

CCM 652 PUMP, middle of 90's....

with:

- 8090 carbon outsole

- nike v-12 insole

- the white plastic on the boot should be painted in chrome...

- tblades :) or LS² Power

-Easton synergy 1300c, with LS2 holders that would fit and line up perfectly, a sown boot and not glued on material, an extra eye lid at the top, and heat moldable, and as for graphics, all black boot, something like an 8090 style

I am with JR, give me a nice lighter pair of Mega Air 10-90's. I replace the lining with that of the lining of the daoust 555 i had. probably a composite outsole like vapor XX or XXX. not sure about the tongue though, probably go with the mission tongue or maybe the tongue from Tour code 1 inline skate. slap some tuuks on them and we are ready to go.