Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
figgifumi_11

Bauer Vapor Shift vs. XX

Well this is my first post here, so a friendly 'hello' to all. I am planning to purchase a new pair of skates in the next few weeks and would greatly appreciate any opinions you may have. In the past I have skated with an older pair of Bauer Supreme 1000s, CCM 752 Tacks, and most recently Mission Flyweights with a set of T-Blades.

I am most interested in either the Bauer Vapor Shift's or the Vapor XX. I did a search, but found very limited info on the Shift's. It is my understanding that the Shift's and the XXX's share a similar boot, tongue, and hydrophobic liner; as well as the LS2. And that the XXs have the perforated runners and a full carbon outsole.

So my question is why are the XXs more expensive than the Shifts? It would seem that on papaer at least, the Shifts are a better deal. Is there any noticable difference in weight between the two? I would love to hear from anyone who shas skated with a pair of the Shifts before. I know that it all comes down to fit, but my LHS does not stock the Shifts, just the XX and the XXX. I will be skating in them 3-5 times a week in rec leagues, pick-up games, and then eventually for a college club team (hopefully). Thanks in advance for any insight you may have!

shifts fit like the XX's and have the 8000 toe cap with the xx outsole and LS2 solid steel instead of LS1 perf. Basically it's a better deal than the XX but I'm guessing the only reason the XX is more expensive is because it's the XX.

So basically the Shifts are a better deal and you are paying for the name with the XXs. I am glad to hear that they both fit relatively the same. Any opionions on the durability of the Shifts? I play center/right wing and am generally not very rough on my skates.

Edited by figgifumi_11

Wouldn't that be SMUO? LOL

I wouldn't say that they are a better deal, if the skate is the same as THG's version. That skate had so many problems (bent steel, just junk skates all around) Perhaps jbyun or any other SFS guy could help you on that issue.

so far all the customers I've seen go haven't come back with any problems but thats probably because the Shift stopped selling after the first line of RBK came out. Mostly I see kids between 11-16 with Shifts because of the price and because parents think it could be similar to the XXX

shifts fit like the XX's and have the 8000 toe cap with the xx outsole and LS2 solid steel instead of LS1 perf. Basically it's a better deal than the XX but I'm guessing the only reason the XX is more expensive is because it's the XX.

the more recent Vapor XX come with LS2 and perf steel. my bro got some, and they had them.

and theres really not a difference between the LS1 and the LS2. its just the hardware and steel(i think thats what i read somewhere)