Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Fletch

So I just got my Black Beauty Lie Detector.....

And it's telling me I should be using a 3.5 lie.

Which would make sense, because my tape always wears on the heel and a lot of times when I stickhandle, I lose the puck when it's near the toe (it goes under). I think my best bet would be to go with a Warrior Fedorov (4 lie). Right now I'm using an Iginla Stealth (5.5 lie).

Anyone else have a lie detector? I want to know what success they had with it (accuracy, etc.)

Edited by Fletch

i wouldnt go off of company catalogue "lies". according to easton the forsberg is a lie 5/5.5 (memory is failing me at the moment) and according to warrior the federov is a lie 4, however the two patterns are identical in every way. just a thought :blink:

I measured myself, I'm right between a 5.5 and a 6. I have tried both lies (from Black Beauty) and I've had better luck with the 5.5 lie.

i wouldnt go off of company catalogue "lies". according to easton the forsberg is a lie 5/5.5 (memory is failing me at the moment) and according to warrior the federov is a lie 4, however the two patterns are identical in every way. just a thought :blink:

Really? That's weak...

Hmm...maybe I should go with a black beauty blade then.

The lie detectors are wildly inaccurate, at least for myself and my customers who used it.

I remember that being mentioned before but seeing what happens when I use a 5.5, I wouldn't be surprised if 3.5-4 is the way to go for me....IMO.

The lie detectors are wildly inaccurate, at least for myself and my customers who used it.

How do you calculate lie...if you had a stick adn didn't know the lie...and didn't have a lie detector (which may not tell the truth *ha!*).

thats a bunch of bull, you chose a stick by preference, you mean to tell me that e device will tell you what to use? :lol:

Yeah, Bauers are faster then CCM's :lol:

Not what stick - what lie.

That's the goal.

Yea this Thornton lie 6 I'm using now is terrible for me. I really need to get something different lie-wise. Passes just go under my blade. Well, maybe there's some hope in the 2006 line in the LHS which I haven't looked at yet.

And it's telling me I should be using a 3.5 lie.

Which would make sense, because my tape always wears on the heel and a lot of times when I stickhandle, I lose the puck when it's near the toe (it goes under). I think my best bet would be to go with a Warrior Fedorov (4 lie). Right now I'm using an Iginla Stealth (5.5 lie).

Anyone else have a lie detector? I want to know what success they had with it (accuracy, etc.)

on my federov blade it says the lie is 5(it is a warrior dolomite balde)

How do you calculate lie...if you had a stick adn didn't know the lie...and didn't have a lie detector (which may not tell the truth *ha!*).

Me? Trial and error. My preference is a 5-ish lie with a slight rocker as I tend to get on top of the puck a little more when I really want to put some extra "oomph" on my shots.

Me? Trial and error. My preference is a 5-ish lie with a slight rocker as I tend to get on top of the puck a little more when I really want to put some extra "oomph" on my shots.

I don't mean pick the best lie for you...I mean actually tell what lie a stick is?

I don't mean pick the best lie for you...I mean actually tell what lie a stick is?

Compare them to something with a lie that you already know. Depending on how you measure the lie, you can get different readings. I think the most accurate way is to line up the toe and heel of the blades and compare the hosel/shaft angles. Unless the blade has a huge rocker or a really shaved toe it's a good way to determine how it's going to play.

I don't buy into that lie detector stuff much. When I went to the store, I brought my skates. Call me crazy, but I shelled out $200 for a stick and wanted it to be just right. So I put on my skates, and would take the sticks I was interested in off the shelf and stand perfectly erect, measure the length (I have my stick lengths between the chin and collarbone), and hold the stick at this point. Then I would rest my hands at my sides, and see if the stick blade was laying on the floor properly. If it wasn't, I would go with a different lie. Going through this, and adjusting my blade to my play style (I was using a Gaborik Easton, now a Weight Warrior McD), I have noticed a MAJOR improvement in my game. Less missed passes, better shot control post on the wrist and slapshot, and easier stickhandling. Helped to have the proper lie, plus the proper stick height. I think too many people have wild low lies because their sticks are too long for them, which is going to really hurt your stickhandling, passing and shooting.

I measured again last night and came up with a 3.5 on roller (which is what I initially measured it with) and with my ice skates on I came up with a 4.