Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

I cut the 6" one to about 3" to make it less noticeable. But I notice a huge difference between the weight of friction tape and cloth tape + wax on my blade too. Most people won't care, I definitely recommend trying it. Worse comes to worse you lose $8 and you KNOW whether you liked it or not.

Is this stuff like the wrap you can get for a tennis racket? 'cause I play tennis too, and have a bunch of grip tape for a racket sitting around. I guess I should try it out.

I play a little tennis as well. There is a product called "What a grip"

I think, that is a one peice sleeve you roll onto the handle. It's okay but wears kinda fast and doesn't quite cover the entire handle.

Is this stuff like the wrap you can get for a tennis racket? 'cause I play tennis too, and have a bunch of grip tape for a racket sitting around. I guess I should try it out.

I play a little tennis as well. There is a product called "What a grip"

I think, that is a one peice sleeve you roll onto the handle. It's okay but wears kinda fast and doesn't quite cover the entire handle.

I used one of those, it tore apart after 2 or 3 uses. Tacki Mack is much more durable.

I jsut picked one up with the ribbed pattern to go on my stealth. It feels sort of big but i'll get used to it. Its nice and grippy and I can't feel the weight at all.

Picked up two of the wrapped texture grips in white. Applying them was a little weird with the gooey wet tape and stuff, but they went on relatively easy and I'm looking forward to putting them to the test on the ice.

Have been using the short sand grips for 2 season now. Used to go through 3 pairs of gloves a year do to palms wearing out. Only used one pair last season. Well worth the money. Also being very fussy about my sticks it allows me to get the same size grip every time cause i could tell the difference even when the tape was one wrap thicker

Couldn't figure out how to re-apply it onto a new shaft after removing it from an old one. I wish they included a bunch more of those double sided tape things that you wet down to apply it.

Couldn't figure out how to re-apply it onto a new shaft after removing it from an old one. I wish they included a bunch more of those double sided tape things that you wet down to apply it.

Buy some grip tape at a golf supply store. Make sure you get the water based version, otherwise you have to buy solvent too.

Buy some grip tape at a golf supply store. Make sure you get the water based version, otherwise you have to buy solvent too.

I've found that hairspray works well.

I just called Tacki-Mac and they sell the adhesive pads for $0.20 each. Seems like a reasonable solution to me to just get a bunch to have on hand.

Hairspray. I don't even bother with the stuff they send you. If I want the feel of a larger grip on a certain stick, I'll wrap some flex grip tape around the shaft, shoot some hairspray on that, then apply the grip.

i've used them for about 2 years now. i love them. it feels nice and is softer than just taping up a stick. grip is still good. i ended up buying another one for my other stick. the good thing is you can move it to any stick and save your tape for other things.

How do you get it off the stick without ripping it up?

Hairspray. I don't even bother with the stuff they send you. If I want the feel of a larger grip on a certain stick, I'll wrap some flex grip tape around the shaft, shoot some hairspray on that, then apply the grip.

I'll give the hairspray a try. So random...

i've used them for about 2 years now. i love them. it feels nice and is softer than just taping up a stick. grip is still good. i ended up buying another one for my other stick. the good thing is you can move it to any stick and save your tape for other things.

How do you get it off the stick without ripping it up?

well...i originally got it with a pro stock stick i got a few years ago. it didn't have the double sided tape so i just rolled it off and stuck it on another stick. didn't have any problems with it so i bought another one and didn't apply the tape it came with. it was the first time i ever saw it. so when i wanted to move it to my other stick i just rolled it off again.

I bought one yesterday and put it on my Sher-wood TXD. I didn't like it at all. The grip felt thick and wierd, and it's weight changed the balance of the stick totally..

I'm going back to cloth tape covered with powerflex tape.

which material did you guys get for the ones that thought it was too thick? i'm using the sand material and it doesn't feel thick to me. i also cut it so that it's the size of my hand...like where i would tape it. the original size is too long for me.

I have tried the sand and the ribbed grips. Don't get me wrong, I thought they were good, but I just prefer much less thickness in a grip. I started thinking about the reason for putting anything on the end of a stick, and really it is so you don't let go of the stick. Tacki-Mac provides a great grip if you need that much, or if you have small hands and just need a thicker grip than the stick itself, but my opinion is that if you are not having an issue with grip

why not keep as much feel as possible by using as thin a grip/tape job as required. If you use the sticky sheet that comes with the grip, it can be a pain to get off if you decide to remove the grip.

Has anyone ever used any of the colored grips? I've only used white and I wonder if the colored grips stain your palms like colored tape will?

I have tried the sand and the ribbed grips. Don't get me wrong, I thought they were good, but I just prefer much less thickness in a grip. I started thinking about the reason for putting anything on the end of a stick, and really it is so you don't let go of the stick. Tacki-Mac provides a great grip if you need that much, or if you have small hands and just need a thicker grip than the stick itself, but my opinion is that if you are not having an issue with grip

why not keep as much feel as possible by using as thin a grip/tape job as required. If you use the sticky sheet that comes with the grip, it can be a pain to get off if you decide to remove the grip.

I beleive most people use them so they dont rip apart palms on gloves they payed $120+ for