Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

I put both of mine on with just the hairspray and neither one of them are ripping. I am however using the wrapped one grips which are a little thicker. I've used both of mine for a couple weeks now and they don't show any signs of wear. I love them so much that I ordered another two so that I can get them on top of all my sticks.

I ordered a couple and installed one the other day, not sure how much I'm going to like it since it seems a lot thicker than I expected. I got the 4" sand one and it's pretty thick (thinking I shouldn't have used the tape for it). I'm also disappointed b/c after the fact I now realize I wanted the "wrapped" one and not the sand one... doh! Oh well, I'll give the grip a shot tomorrow night and see how it feels in a game, if I don't like it I'll have a couple of unused ones for sale since I ordered 3 in one shot (since they were pretty cheap and it made the shipping more reasonable).

AWESOME grips. If you need to move it to another stick you just roll it off the stick.

Go to a golf store and buy water activated grip tape strips for about $5.

Note - must give it about 6 - 8 hours to dry befero using the grip.

awesome grip!

no slippage at all, which improved my wrister quite a bit.

took just a bit of time to adjust to slightly different (dimmed down) puck feel - after all the vibration from the puck hitting the blade has to travel through the glue paper tape + rubber rather then just a thin layer of cloth tape

Had the grip for about a month - definitely shows signs of usage as I usethe stil 4-5 hrs a week, but nothing major - certainly no rips or holes.

i love these... way easier/grippier than tape and no color dye transfer to gloves!!

just put them on... so that's why they look new

tackimacsm.jpg

dealing with Debbie @ Tacki-Mac was great too as all the lhs here (bad lhs) were less than willing to order them!

note: all lhs were listed as dealers and had samples in the store - AND recommended them!! (very bad lhs)

Had the grip for about a month - definitely shows signs of usage as I usethe stil 4-5 hrs a week, but nothing major - certainly no rips or holes.

quick update - another 4 weeks gone by & the rubber on the grip has fully worn off in a few places & ripped :(

while I still think that usability wise the grip is totally awesome the durability sucks quite a bit - regular tape lasts longer! the rubber is way too soft I guess - oh well - seems to be another case where you have to pay for performance (kind of like S15 skates that felt apart in a couple of months)

Oilers Sticks?

yeah, pretty much low end - ie: fiberglass

figure it's a Recchi curve tho it's deeper than my U+

a Forzani's SMU from a few years ago

i've seen all Canadian teams + Washington

SportMart's website still had all (RH) except Ottawa

I would like to try this out but they don't retail in Finland. so I got an Idea, could you put a tennis overgrip insted of tape? I have used wilson pro overgrip on my floorball sticks with success and will now try it on my dolomite if can find it at any store

I would like to try this out but they don't retail in Finland. so I got an Idea, could you put a tennis overgrip insted of tape? I have used wilson pro overgrip on my floorball sticks with success and will now try it on my dolomite if can find it at any store

Sounds feasible, go for it!

I will try it but I have two problems right now. 1 i don't now where to find any. 2 when I find it I don know how to get to stick to the shaft.

Use hairspray....spray the shaft w/hairspray, and slide the grip on while the shaft is still wet. the alcohol in the spray will evaporate and leave the sticky residue behind and stick the grip to the shaft. Be careful though as I 've experienced problems with very concave shafts and Tacki-mac grips.

Hair spray is the best solution for putting these on as it allows you to remove and reuse the grip with no problem.

The thinner grips do wear much quicker than the thicker one.

Keep in mind that a huge advantage to these grips are that they do not wear your gloves out like tape. I've been using these for two years and have a pair of gloves that have only been used with Tacki-Mac's and the palms are almost in brand new condition.

This is the primary reason I use these grips. Most of the guys I play with have switched to these, Bang for the buck, one of the best investments you can make in hockey equipment.

Does the Tacki-Mac stay on a wood stick? Can they be removed and re-used the same way as described for composite sticks?

Picked one of these up the other week, and though im used to barely any knob at all, I found for some reason it helped with puck feel/handling though the knob was relatively thicker than what I'm used to. Go figure. I think it's a great product.

Best hockey invention ever. These tacki mac grips have save me hundreds in glove repalms. Best yet, I hated using cloth....the first time after a fresh taping your palm would just stick to the top of your hockey stick. I love these things and swear by them.

Does the Tacki-Mac stay on a wood stick? Can they be removed and re-used the same way as described for composite sticks?

Yes, I've used them on wood and composite, and swapped them between wood and composite, no difference between the two.

Best hockey invention ever. These tacki mac grips have save me hundreds in glove repalms. Best yet, I hated using cloth....the first time after a fresh taping your palm would just stick to the top of your hockey stick. I love these things and swear by them.

Ok now I'm confused a little bit because I've heard a few people saying that those grips are actually more destructive to a glove than tape before and now this.

Any consensus here from users on the glove wear compared to traditional tape?

Ok now I'm confused a little bit because I've heard a few people saying that those grips are actually more destructive to a glove than tape before and now this.

Any consensus here from users on the glove wear compared to traditional tape?

I bought them because I hear that they will save your palms. I am happy to report that after around a month the MSH2 palms on my eagles still look brand new.

used on two sticks quite a bit (no wear visible yet)

for me, wear on gloves was nonexistant/minimal, so far so good (also used 2 different gloves so that factors too)

i recommend them, but no exp. with switching them to different sticks