Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

Read the thread then.

Already did. Just a whole lot of "should i use hairspray" and "yes use hairspray" with the odd bit of "you dont need hairspray"

There, summarized 14 pages.

The easiest way to install the product is with the included sticky tape. It won't slide off and it will go right on.

If you don't read the instructions (I didn't the first time) and try to force it on, you'll spend an hour and get it half way on and get mad.

Otherwise if you want to try and re-use it, you can give hairspray a shot, but a lot of people have had issues with concave wall sticks not sticking to the grip (myself included).

Personally I stopped using the grips because they don't offer the tape job I want...just a simple knob at the top 1" width, but not obscenely large.

Already did. Just a whole lot of "should i use hairspray" and "yes use hairspray" with the odd bit of "you dont need hairspray"

There, summarized 14 pages.

Some people were having trouble getting the grips on:

love these things to death but omg they are extremely hard to get on, dunno if it was just bad luck but the last one i did took over an hour to get on...Yes tape was on correctly and it was wet

It just didn't want to slide down, was so happy when it finally slid all the way down

Yeah I also used just the tape, it was maybe 5 mins of wiggling and pulling to get it on, not too big of a hassle. Getting it off though... :dry:

So... took off my tacki mac and unrolled it inside out, anyone have suggestions/success stories on how to flip it back out. I'm finding it near impossible and I'm developing blisters on my fingers. It's a ribbed grip so I'm sure that makes it even tougher.

So... took off my tacki mac and unrolled it inside out, anyone have suggestions/success stories on how to flip it back out. I'm finding it near impossible and I'm developing blisters on my fingers. It's a ribbed grip so I'm sure that makes it even tougher.

Me too.

Get some goo gone. This will work as a lubricant when working with it. You could also use mineral spirits or paint thinner...but those will dissolve quicker and are not as safe as the goo gone.

I used to be cheap and do the hairpsray thing. It would be such a pain in the ass that I just use the sticker that it comes with now. It's faster to apply and dry. Sometimes the hairspray wouldn't dry and if I had a game the same night, it would come off and I'd have the Tacki Mac in one glove and my stick in the other.