Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve66

Your fave goalie mask?

Which design do you think is the best you've seen?

Secondly if you could have an original design on your mask, what would you have?

my fave mask would have to be between, marty birons old split red/black one which was stolen out of his car, cujos or kippersofs one.

why would u leave it open to eyes in your car? :huh:

Another one i also liked were those old school ones that had the stich marks on them. I believe Stevie Shields has one somewhat like that.

the story with martys helmet was, that it was in his gear bag. when he had taken out he gear to his car, ready to go to training or omthing like that,the gear bag was stolen, his gear went missing too. everything else was returned after a few weeks,but the helmet never came back. unfortunate.

Vanbiesbrouck's helmets were always neat looking because he would use that small goalie cage that was "bubbled" like a hockey helmet

Yeah, he wore Armadilla masks. His Rangers and Florida masks were nice too. DIdn't care too much for the Flyers/Devils ones.

Another one i also liked were those old school ones that had the stich marks on them. I believe Stevie Shields has one somewhat like that.

Shield's mask is a tribute to Gerry Cheevers. I believe the story behind the mask is that he would add a stitch every time he took a puck to the mask.

I think that was the first time a goalie added a decal to the mask.

my all time fav goalie mask has to be the starting goalie for the wisconsin badgers...bernd bruckler. Here is a link with the picture http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/badg...wice2122902.jpg I work at a shop and most of the badgers come in with there skates to get sharpened and he brought in the mask to get a bolt put in...I was in love with how cool it looks.

If my goalie can get his painted the way he wants, it will rock. Not sure if I'd be able to post the pics though.

i like my goalies mask not pics but it like belfours only the eagles r orange, his name is popp, so on the chin area in like silve letters it says POPPER with like fireworks of the top, and in the back it has his number and eyes its really awesome

Got to love the Tony O (Esposito).....chack out the tape job on the upper flap!!! This guy was always tinkering with his stuff!!!

tesposito_mask3.jpg

I use a Ollie Wolf mask, that is also a sweet paint job!!!