Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
hhojman

Composite sticks with 4.5 lie

Trying to switch to a composite. Currently I use Sher-Wood 9950 or 7000 with a Leclair blade. This blade has a 4.5 lie which is perfect for me. I know what many of you will probably say: "A 5.0 lie would probably feel the same". But it is not. At least not for me. The 4.5 is superb for me while the 5.0 isn't. It doesn't seem too much but with a long shaft, at the level of the upper hand, you would see that the difference is significant. A 4.0 might work. The problem is that cannot find any composite stick with less than 5.0 lie.

And now it looks like Sher-Wood is changing the Leclair to 5.0 (at least it is what it says on their web site) so it looks like soon I will not be able to get it on wood.

Black Beauty has blades with 4.5 lie or less. But the Leclair I use has a nice rocker (which I like) and the BBs are flat. I admit that I never saw one but that is what the most knowledgeable members here say. Plus the reviews on them are kind of mix.

Warriors have several blades that are listed 4.5 or less (Fedorov and Smyth 4.0 and Weight 4.5) but when I compared by putting them next to the Sher-Wood at the store they are more like a 5.0 or 5.5. No way the Fedorov is a 4.0!

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

I had the same Sherwood stick and blade.......and went through the same selection process a few months back.

I went with the Easton Synergy ST Forsberg...I believe the lie is 5 - and it feels the same to me.........

why dont you get some custom wood blades made and use a shaft. im pretty sure christain makes custome blades.

but id say also just get something new and get used to it..

Edited by Tyler B

I don't even have a shop anywhere near that has anything warrior. Which is why I haven't bought a warrior blade yet because I need to see those lies.

warrior lies are off, I've heard that it's more of a 5.5

fedorov is listed as a 4 in warrior's materials, and listed as a 4.5 in the pattern DB. It IS lower than a 5 (compared to my forsberg synthesis hybrid blade) but not by much. The 4.5 in the DB is most accurate, It's definitely not a 5.5

Thank you very much for all your answers. I will check Christian. I didn't know that they make custom blades.

If that doesn't work, I will take a look at the Easton with the Fosberg.

Pro stock is difficult because the lie is usually not stated. Also the form of the blade might be very different. I can't remember well but it was either the Sher-Wood Bourque or Coffey that was also initially 4.5 (5.5 now). But the blade was completely different (too square).

Regarding the Fedorov... When I compared it with Sher-Wood 5.0 (can't remember which), it appeared to me to be more or less the same. But I might be wrong. But definitively was not a 4.5. At least as the Sher-wood's Leclair.

Again, thank you very much for you tips. I'll let you know if anything works.

H.

warrior lies are off, I've heard that it's more of a 5.5

fedorov is listed as a 4 in warrior's materials, and listed as a 4.5 in the pattern DB. It IS lower than a 5 (compared to my forsberg synthesis hybrid blade) but not by much. The 4.5 in the DB is most accurate, It's definitely not a 5.5

oh ok, i didn't even know they updated the pattern db. Thanks for the correction.