Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgaronzik

Oils, Lubes, Etc.

Trying to get this forum going a little bit more, so heres a question for everyone. What are you using to oil/clean your bearings, clean your wheels, etc. Right now Im using Sonic Super Oil, I find it to have really easy application, makes my bearings nice and fast. Also using Sonic Grip Juice (although not lately cause Im lazy).

I only get to play some roller hockey against my brother in the summer a couple times, because I am always gone with ice hockey. But I think I got some sonic stuff. it works pretty good.

For my Bearings I use some stuff called BSB SpeedWash, and BSB High speed lubricant. I seems to work quite well although I've only used it once.

I really should clean my bearings more often than I do, but it's such a chore!

The "once a millenium" cleaning I do, I've used BSB Speed Lube.

I use the Sonic Grip Juice to clean my wheels, but I haven't had to do much to the 'Rats yet.

I use my Mission RM's mainly for fitness skating by the lake. There's usually a lot of dust and sand on the path but Dura-lube has kept things rolling wihtout being noticeably harmful.

I use sonic super oil to lube my bearings. It seems to work pretty well. I try to clean my bearings once every month or two, I use a citrus cleaner from boss for that. I havn't used anything to clean my wheels other than a rag and water since I have heard conflicting reports on the affect they have on the wheels.

I really should clean my bearings more often than I do, but it's such a chore!

I use the Sonic Grip Juice to clean my wheels, but I haven't had to do much to the 'Rats yet.

I really couldnt agree more, I clean my bearings although I really should. If I do it once every 3 months Im usually impressed with my lack of laziness. I think this week I'll have to clean my rats for the first time, the rink I play has been dirtier then usual lately.

I don't even pop my wheels off to put on Dura-lube. I just squirt it on the part of the bering that's exposed, give it a spin (not too fast or it'll whip oil all over the place) and then go for a skate. That way I don't dent the housing by pushing the bearings out with an allen wrench. I am due for a rotation though.

We change wheels a lot switching back and forth between wood and sportcourt, so occasionally I take the bearings completely out and spray with WD40 to loosen the old lube..then using an air pump and a cut ball needle I blow all the dirt, grit, old lube and WD 40 out of the bearing until the force of just the air makes the bearing spin free. I add a dollop of whatever good light oil I have on hand, speed lube is fine, but even 3 in one oil works well. We use Boss Swiss so the inside of the bearing is already open..no shields to remove.

Yeah I was thinking about using that one too, but didn't really feel like getting a warning or somthing.

Anyways for the really small amount of RH I play I use Dura-Lube.

I use WD-40 to dilute the heavy lube in some bearings, but if I use it to clean out the bearings, I always add some fresh lightweight oil..wd 40 is more used to cut through the lubrication, and rust, rather than be a lubricant itself. A quick squirt of WD 40 on new bearings will let them run free immediately, although I am sure there will ultimately be less protection than if you just used the manufacturer's lube as it came in the bearing.

yep wd40 is more of a penatrator to feel stuff, it dries up too fast. i've got some castrol bearing grease, in in the ass to use, i might try something else next time.