Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

So, if you are wondering why ovey is not

They just announced on the Caps game feed that they voted 29-1 not to allow the mirrored visor this year because the goalie couldn't see the players eyes.

Ovey is the only player affected, and Locker said it was basically marty brodeur who wanted it.

Also that they wanted to show his face (the league did) but I call shennanigans because they have them on the national feed a whopping 3 times.

Anyway, the mirror hasn't been banned, as that would have to go through the NHLPA, but the vote was taken and ovey was asked not to wear it.

Hence the clearer visor this season.

The league wants more goals, so make it harder on the goalies by not being able to see where every player is looking.

Some things just dont make sense.

Oh, and Ovey is kinda sorta known for bein the 'mirrored visor guy', now he runs the risk of being just another face to the person who doesn't know hockey at all and hasn't seen highlight clips of him..

Also that they wanted to show his face (the league did) but I call shennanigans because they have them on the national feed a whopping 3 times.

You still have to account for highlights and print.

I know, but it seems odd to have a vote at the governors meeting to remove the mirrored visor, citing wanting the public to see his face more, then not give him any national game exposure worth talking about.

It doesn't bother me, cause I am in the DC area and will either attend or see them all on telly, but it sounds like a flawed marketing plan to me.

Is there anything Brodeur doesn't whine about??

Someone tell Ovey to start working on shooting with his eyes closed. :D

I know, but it seems odd to have a vote at the governors meeting to remove the mirrored visor, citing wanting the public to see his face more, then not give him any national game exposure worth talking about.

It doesn't bother me, cause I am in the DC area and will either attend or see them all on telly, but it sounds like a flawed marketing plan to me.

How is it flawed? It gets his face out there in the highlights and photos. It makes him recognizable.

I would imagine giving him national exposure on OLN would get his face out there.

So they want to expose him, by showing 15 second snippets and photos, but not by showing him in full games?

Are they saying the product is faulty, that it's too tedious to watch, waiting for the highlight reel is better to attract fans? Thats not a great message to send

The problem with showing Ovechkin's games is you're still having to show the Caps when he's not on the ice. You cut to another feed when the other guys are out there, then you may be onto something. Until then I think highlights will suffice.

That said, I would still rather see the Caps and Ovechkin rather than the Stars and other "major" teams OLN seems to suckle on.

The problem with showing Ovechkin's games is you're still having to show the Caps when he's not on the ice. You cut to another feed when the other guys are out there, then you may be onto something. Until then I think highlights will suffice.

That said, I would still rather see the Caps and Ovechkin rather than the Stars and other "major" teams OLN seems to suckle on.

Caps are interesting to watch though.

what the lack in overall skill (kovy) they more than make up for in heart, grit and failure to give up on a game, or a check (smith) :lol:

Sounds kinda dumb...well the goalie can see Ovechkin's eyes now...watch him look the pass and take the shot, he's gonna score anyways.

Someone tell Ovey to start working on shooting with his eyes closed. :D

Just going by the vote and the statement, it sounds like Brodeur was the 1 that voted to keep it.

Someone tell Ovey to start working on shooting with his eyes closed.  :D

Just going by the vote and the statement, it sounds like Brodeur was the 1 that voted to keep it.

I assume none of you watched the "heart of a champion" series or something on OLN, interesting show about his focus and stuff. I imagine he really doesn't care about the mirrored visor, I also believe he's a fan of alex.

Why did they decide to bring up the vote a season after alex wore the visor in the league?

Someone tell Ovey to start working on shooting with his eyes closed.  :D

Brodeur is on the competition committee as well, he has more influence than most. AO should just work on his wraparounds if he wants to prove a point to Marty.

The flaw in that is those gaffes come in the playoffs and I don't think we'll see AO there while Marty's still playing.

everyone in my senior league just got emails today, the mirrored visor is now illegal to wear... odd, in a senior recreational league

there were like 3 guys wearing them

everyone in my senior league just got emails today, the mirrored visor is now illegal to wear... odd, in a senior recreational league

unfortunately the three guys wearing therem were the 2 linemen and the ref. That way you can't see if thier eyes are really closed during the game...LOL

unfortunately the three guys wearing therem were the 2 linemen and the ref. That way you can't see if thier eyes are really closed during the game...LOL

the way they call games in this league, you'd think so!