Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

The new Minus The Bear record 'Planet of Ice' is REALLY good. Probably their most polished and melodic work.

Voxtrot's recent self titled album is also on heavy rotation in the ipod.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I've been digging Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio's side project: Heavens. Very 80s-ish, for fans of New Order/Wire/Smiths/Morrissey.

Nightmare Of You - Bang (EP)

Edited by halfmoonyote

The new Minus The Bear record 'Planet of Ice' is REALLY good. Probably their most polished and melodic work.

Voxtrot's recent self titled album is also on heavy rotation in the ipod.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I've been digging Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio's side project: Heavens. Very 80s-ish, for fans of New Order/Wire/Smiths/Morrissey.

Nightmare Of You - Bang (EP)

Big supporter of Voxtrot, saw them live about 2 years ago in a small venue and knew after that they'd get popular. If you like Voxtrot, check out a band called the Magic Bullets.

also, I just got an early copy of the new As Tall As Lions EP which is nothing short of amazing. Mike Watt worked with ATAL on this EP and I highly suggest checking it out.

also, I just got an early copy of the new As Tall As Lions EP which is nothing short of amazing. Mike Watt worked with ATAL on this EP and I highly suggest checking it out.

As Tall As Lions are amazing and I give them a plug a few pages back, I think.

Performing live, they sound exactly like they do recorded. The guy really is an incarnate of Jeff Buckley. I hate comparing things like that, but he's got the pipes, and I wish NOTHING but success for ATAL.

As for Voxtrot, yeah, saw them play about 2 years ago in Chicago with Decibully, and thought to myself, it won't be long until the public gets a hold of these lads.

If you like Muse and Radiohead, check out a band called Ours

http://www.ours2.net

Ours is basically the "poor-man's H.I.M." a decent listen, but not as good as the real thing.

Dropkick Murphys

If you like DKM's, check out Street Dogs... great band, led by former Dropkick's frontman Mike McColgan..

www.myspace.com/shipwreckmv = crucial.

Shipwreck is an amazing band and they've had a knack of getting on the best tours/pick up the best shows the last two years.

Uh yeah. They will tour Europe soon, which i like. Im actually only into this Boston/MV Hardcore stuff like Guns Up! and other bands im too lazy to mention. Check my last.fm, dude: www.last.fm/user/BluesSinger for pick ups.

I also recommend Guns Up! they have been one of my favourite bands for awhile now. Sven you also listen to some really good music like Blacklisted, Cold World, and Have Heart which i would also recommend

Shipwrecks first fulllength called "Abyss" just dropped. Its awesome. Its some sort of "concept album" - It like a journey from the bottom of the ocean to the top of a mountain. Its so tight and besides the lyrics are off the chain. (http://www.notpopular.com/lyrics/2968/Shipwreck_A.D./Abyss) Im digging it.

Last but not least, the vinyl and the artwork are fine as well.

The Hold Steady

If you dig the Hold Steady, try and find old Lifter Puller. Same singer/songwriter and guitarist, way more drugs, less Elvis Costello, more...drugs. Lots of drugs.

I'm on a mid-90's kick right now which involves the second, underrated albums from a lot of alternative bands that everyone's heard before.

Streetlight Manifesto's dummer is amazing.

I'll still continue to recommend King Crimson even after they're dead and gone. Tool sounds a lot like early KC.

hah, Nightwish was getting fairly popular in Finland when I was over there last year. One of my roommates liked them quite a bit, but not really my style. Interesting music though, seems like quite a few bands like that are coming out of Finland. Elwood, you should look into Lordi (won the eurovision 2006 contest, I believe).

hah, Nightwish was getting fairly popular in Finland when I was over there last year. One of my roommates liked them quite a bit, but not really my style. Interesting music though, seems like quite a few bands like that are coming out of Finland. Elwood, you should look into Lordi (won the eurovision 2006 contest, I believe).

I agree. That is an excellent band, with decect guitar but a good, hard vibe.