Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

For those of you who are into metal..(nearly all of these guys can be found on myspace)

Alethiean- Very Death-esque. Chuck was a huge influence on these guys.

Quo Vadis- my favorite band besides Death.. at least until I started reading some of their lyrics

Demon Hunter

Chingon- these guys are awesome! They sign in spanish but I love them. I understand most of what they say, but even if you don't speak spanish the music is pretty sweet.

Dragon Force

Spock's Beard

Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend Band

Blind Guardian

Nightwish

HIM

There are many more... I just can't think of them. Some of the bands I mentioned are obscure, some are more well-known. Either way, they are worth mentioning!

They easily may have been mentioned, but I just recently discovered The Cult. Brilliant stuff.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've really dug a lot of trip-hop lately, namely Massive Attack.

Edited by lampliter87

I just thought I'd update... I've been listening to a lot of Battles lately. I love their video for the song

(Any band consisting of an ex-Helmet member is a-ight in my book)

... I also picked up a couple Oceansize discs, and some Prince... haha

Edited by AnthonyJTa

Recently discovered a band called the Catch-it-Kebabs who play "swing-core ska/punk" check them out at: www.myspace.com/catchitkebabs

I've been hit with a sudden urge to give some new music a listen. I spend a lot of time scoping out the music scene and learning about new bands, but I'm just not finding anything that catches my ear lately.

I'll be typical and say I like everything, but there are really three main focal points of my taste in music:

-Heavy/epic sounding/atmospheric instrumental stuff like: Russian Circles, Rosetta, Caspian, Red Sparowes, Envy (not instrumental, but might as well be)

-Loud/Fast/Heavy stuff like Converge, Between the Buried and Me, Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah

and last but probably the most important,

-Soft/groovy/catchy indie rock with a good beat like Nada Surf, Minus the Bear, Engine Down

I'd say Thrice is probably my favorite band, but they are pretty much uncategorizable(not a word, but who cares) considering how much their songs differ from each other.

Anyway....does anybody know of some bands they think I'd like?

Im sorry thefelixculpa but, i think Dillinger is one of the worst bands ever. I have given them several serious listens and seen them live on Gigantour and I just dont like anything they do it all seems very forced and not all there to me.

As of now in this kicking off summer stage mood for me ive been listeing to a lot of Pepper, very chill band with a sublime vibe, Check them out.

Edited by Slapshot9123

Im sorry thefelixculpa but, i think Dillinger is one of the worst bands ever. I have given them several serious listens and seen them live on Gigantour and I just dont like anything they do it all seems very forced and not all there to me.

As of now in this kicking off summer stage mood for me ive been listeing to a lot of Pepper, very chill band with a sublime vibe, Check them out.

they are an acquired taste in my opinion. I didn't like them when I was younger. As I learned more about music and more about playing instruments myself I became able to appreciate and enjoy what they do. I'll say that I don't like their latest album nearly as much as Miss Machine and Calculating Infinity, and last year when they lost their drummer Chris Pennie (one of the best drummers around today), who played a big role in the song writing process, I lost a lot of interest in them.

If you just watch the beats he played along with the songs, you can see how much musicianship goes into what Dillinger does.

Chris Pennie:

Edited by thefelixculpa

Finally saw dillinger in STL after years of listening to them. They still are amazing live.

thefelixculpa- I'm into a lot of the same stuff you are. isis, jesu, pelican, the cancer conspiracy. You should check out a band from Peoria called MINSK. I think you probably will dig it. and there guitar player used to play mens league with me. haha

maybe one of you could help me, i cant for the life of me remember the name of a band, their lead singer is the old killswitch engage singer, have an awesome song called seven?

Edited by fedorov#91

maybe one of you could help me, i cant for the life of me remember the name of a band, their lead singer is the old killswitch engage singer, have an awesome song called seven?

blood has been shed

blood has been shed

Fedorov#91, you're thinking Seemless. My good friend Derek is the drummer (as well as Unearth, and Kingdom of Sorrow *aka* Hatebreed + Crowbar)....great band. \m/ BROOTAL GROOVE \m/ haha..

Chikin... Howard from BHBS is the new singer for KSE.

Massachusetts is an incestual pool of metal and hard rock.. everyone's played with everyone at one point or another.

Edited by AnthonyJTa

Somewhat mainstream, but with a much stronger underground following.....Radiohead.

Reckoner off of the In Rainbow album has to rank up there with Street Spirit off of The Bends as my favorite song of their.

Edited by Spreedizzle

In Rainbow was excellent in general.

Agreed. And the "In The Basement" video recording "In Rainbow" was a really great introspective look at the band performing to a small and intimate setting. Caught it on MHD (Music High Definition) the other day and immediately downloaded if afterwards.

They were a fun band to watch at Warped last year. I'm surprised so few people know who they are.

As Blood Runs Black

Best band around ATM.

Great band... I caught them a year or so ago at the New England Metal/Hardcore Fest. Brutal.... they destroyed the place.

As Blood Runs Black

Best band around ATM.

Great band... I caught them a year or so ago at the New England Metal/Hardcore Fest. Brutal.... they destroyed the place.

I heard they had all got pissed at each other and progressively the band got new members as original members left, and now there are no more new members. Can anyone confirm this is true?? Im not sure as i heard it from a friend.

I do love them though, Allegiance was a great cd