Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

It's not new but I just started listening to She & Him, which is Zooey Deschanel (of Elf fame) and M. Ward. It's probably not going to click with the young crowd but Zooey's got an amazing voice. What I think of as real country music, almost sounds like it's from 50s or 60s...not like what passes for country music these days.

It's not new but I just started listening to She & Him, which is Zooey Deschanel (of Elf fame) and M. Ward. It's probably not going to click with the young crowd but Zooey's got an amazing voice. What I think of as real country music, almost sounds like it's from 50s or 60s...not like what passes for country music these days.

Check out Sera Cahoone; different, but you still might like her.

i totally agree with Protest The Hero. they are amazing

Fates Warning, very good prog band that many people seem to not know about and they have been around for a very long time. Along with them check out their lead singers other band Redemption, I saw them with Dream Theater and they blew me away.

I <3 Zooey, if it wasn't her singing then I'd never listen to She & Him (which aren't bad, very mellow so you really have to be in the mood for it). She's actually engaged to the singer from Deathcab for Cutie/The Postal Service.

Hmm I haven't read all the pages so I apologize if any of these have been mentioned/discussed (I'll try to keep it to newer less popular ones):

The Gaslight Anthem. www.myspace.com/thegaslightanthem

Great rock band heavily influenced by the likes of Bruce Springsteen.

Teenage Bottlerocket www.myspace.com/teenagebottlerocket

Sure they completely ripped off the vocal style of The Ramones but they do it so well, definitely a great upbeat band you can listen to before playng hockey.

Chuck Ragan www.myspace.com/chuckragan

He was the singer of Hot Water Music and this is his solo album, very mellow w/ folk influences, songs are written really well and it's an addicting album.

Attica!Attica! www.myspace.com/atticaattica

ex singer of Marathon, I'd put this next to old Against Me! for it's very well written low-fi protest songs.

Grey Area http://www.myspace.com/greyareanyc

excellent nyc post hardcore (melodic hardcore) band from the late 90's, they're in the same vein as Kid Dynamite and Lifetime. Easily one of my favorite bands, I've seen them more times playing "reunion shows" than I did when they were still an active band.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll chime in with lots more later.

edit for adding links

Edited by xstartxtodayx

If you're in the mood to party Justice is quite badass. "A Cross the Universe" is a great album and many of you will recognize the song "Genesis" from the Cadillac commercials...

I might as well add some others I like

TV on the Radio

Kings of Leon

Vampire Weekend

Cool Kids

Girl Talk (although it's getting a little old)

Cut Copy

MGMT

Of Montreal

Wilco

The Streets

Animal Collective

My Morning Jacket

Flaming Lips

And for just one song, a group called Vile Richard. Their song "Hockey Song" is a classic!

Edited by sitzlejd

[\quote]

Grey Area http://www.myspace.com/greyareanyc

excellent nyc post hardcore (melodic hardcore) band from the late 90's, they're in the same vein as Kid Dynamite and Lifetime. Easily one of my favorite bands, I've seen them more times playing "reunion shows" than I did when they were still an active band.

edit for adding links

Thanks alot, I had never heard of grey area, they are pretty good.

Edited by J-mo

Escape the Fate.

favorite band at the moment, although i dont know if i like the new singer.

I agree, Ronnie was much better for that band.

As for another band to check out, A Day To Remember is really good. Their new CD is really addicting. Same with the band Attack Attack!. They are pretty good too

Edited by Archangel#16

2 other bands that I love that not to many people seem to know about.

At The Drive-In very good band they had a hit on MTV back in the 90s called One Arm Scissor, they are a very good band i guess you can call them a post hardcore band i highly suggest checking them out.

The Mars Volta, They were created by 2 At The Drive-In members after they broke up, One of the most amazing progressive rock bands I have ever herd they just won a Grammy for their song Wax Simulacra.

heard one today, called The king blues. hard to describe what they sound like, check out save the world, get the girl on youtube, its pretty relaxing music.

2 other bands that I love that not to many people seem to know about.

At The Drive-In very good band they had a hit on MTV back in the 90s called One Arm Scissor, they are a very good band i guess you can call them a post hardcore band i highly suggest checking them out.

The Mars Volta, They were created by 2 At The Drive-In members after they broke up, One of the most amazing progressive rock bands I have ever herd they just won a Grammy for their song Wax Simulacra.

I love At the Drive-in, they were pretty ground breaking and innovative for their time. The Mars Volta are amazing musicians but I've never gotten into them, I'm not a big fan of that style of music so it doesn't do much for me.

fighting with wire

future on the left

An amazing local band, hit big supporting Biffy.

Some more northern ireland bands:

Two Door Cinema Club

A505

The Good Fight

team Fresh

really?that's good, they were brilliant when i last saw them.

Anberlin and The Fray, not sure if they're big overseas, but The Fray are big here.

The National are good, and The Thermals.

Edited by Balmer15