Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

My favorite Canadian bands:

Our Lady Peace:

Rocketface: only put out one album that I know of, but I love this tune.

The Trews:

Gob:

The Headstones: no decent videos of an awesome tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJUFWQK6KBI

Priestess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cfahXQh-X8

Thornley: couldn't find a single decent YouTube video of their best songs, but check out "Come Again" and "So Far, So Good".

Big Wreck:

Sam Roberts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46wrY1Rk38

Matthew Good Band:

Our Lady Peace:

The Trews:

Gob:

Priestess:

Thornley: couldn't find a single decent YouTube video of their best songs, but check out "Come Again" and "So Far, So Good".

Big Wreck:

Sam Roberts:

Matthew Good Band:

where's sum 41?!?!?! :ph34r:

I was meant to check them out, apparently they are decent.

Saving Aimee and Canterbury are the newest additions to my ipod. British indie/rock

Our Lady Peace:

The Trews:

Gob:

Priestess:

Big Wreck:

Sam Roberts:

Matthew Good Band:

where's sum 41?!?!?! :blink:

psshhhh. more like where the hell is barenaked ladies. come on!!

also, im not sure what some peoples taste are but this band has been stuck in my head for the last few days..

also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zc5_Qqh94

Edited by english15x

also, im not sure what some peoples taste are but this band has been stuck in my head for the last few days..

also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zc5_Qqh94

I see stars is a good band. Check out the rest of their music if you like that song, I think youll like it. And they are pretty good live from what I remember

i have there cd, i enjoy it a lot. there live is pretty good, i have seen some youtube videos.

Anyone know if Outhouse is played at The Staples Center during King's games? I got to watch the Kings Blues game Saturday and I could have sworn they played "Bleed". Sample the album and buy it!

A local band from the 90's that could have had a larger national footprint. Looks like a few very, very inexpensive copies available at Amazon still. You will not regret spending even $4 on this disc.

If we're gonna talk about canadien bands:

unexpect

I didn't realize nickelback is from canada, please someone take them back asap.

agreed, nickelback sucks. canada come on.

They've apparently sucked their way to millions in record sales. Someone must like them.

If we're gonna talk about canadien bands:

unexpect

I didn't realize nickelback is from canada, please someone take them back asap.

agreed, nickelback sucks. canada come on.

They've apparently sucked their way to millions in record sales. Someone must like them.

How many millions have the Jonas Brothers sold? Volume /= quality

We have to keep in mind that musical taste is subjective. Sure, the Jonas Brothers is screwdrivers to my ears but they seem to have mastered the bubble gum pop that girls and their moms can't get enough of.

We have to keep in mind that musical taste is subjective. Sure, the Jonas Brothers is screwdrivers to my ears but they seem to have mastered the bubble gum pop that girls and their moms can't get enough of.

Actually someone else mastered it a long time ago, they are just the current beneficiaries of the system. It's also why record companies have abandoned rock music. They know the formula for pop music and can just insert the next "artist" into the mold.

Yep. Bands like that are for people who don't like music. Fast food for your ears. Also up until a certain age, most younger people base their musical taste more on visual cues and trendiness. There was a cool study done on it a while ago, wish I could remember more details, it's been forever since I read it. Get a group together with a good image, write some catchy songs with your standard chord progressions/riffs and cheesy lyrics, label pays the radio stations to play the hell out of it, and you're there.

Before Imeem got absorbed by MySpace and completely ruined, I was listening to Black Tide and their album "Light From Above." You might remember them from NHL 10 and/or Rock Band. Doesn't sound to bad. I might give them a try.

Here's "Show Me The Way": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl_hikrl8xI

The other band I was listening to was Jupiter One. Heard them from NHL 09. Even though their sound is kind of "indie," I really like it, especially the synth stuff. I could've sworn I saw their CD at Borders, but can't find it. Have yet to purchase the album.

"Countdown":

"Turn Up The Radio":

"Platform Moon":

Edited by sher-awesomeness