Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

I have been listening to this cd by Danko Jones titled Below the belt,it is really good alot of energy I found the band actually by hearing the song "full of regret" on NHL 11

Seriously, Coheed & Cambria. An acquired taste mainly because of Claudio's vocals. People say they are but, no they are not an emo band and they are not poppy at all. Gotta be my favorite band and people generally only know Welcome Home, A Favor House Atlantic, and The Suffering by them. Totally worth checking out some of their other stuff such as In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth:3, Everything Evil, Here We Are Juggernaut, No World For Tomorrow, 21:13 the list can go on but, thats what I usually start people off with.

I've seen Coheed three times twice accidentally, always the best shows i've seen that weren't hardcore shows. I love their music its amazing never a bad thing.

as for what i've been listening to lately

The Chariot (found their old albums the other night and gave them a spin, way too awesome.)

My American Heart (i got their 'Meaning in Makeup' Cd years ago and never listened to it until this past week, pretty darn good)

One new favorite - The Devil Wears Prada. Their stuff is just awesome, really surprising.

Defeater (when i first heard them i thought , oh ok another harder poison the well band, but turned out to be way better than the misconception)

All Time Low (odd suggestion and i loved it pretty good to chill to)

The Acacia Strain (their old stuff never gets old and their new album is pretty heavy too and better than their most recent one, Continent, which was heavy and good but a little too generalistic.

and i found another RnB/Hip-Hop artist i really really like, Theophilus London, if you like a more mellow Lupe Fiasco this is the guy.

Released on bail, kicked out of the band. He also left the band in 06 with a heroin addiction. Either way, Coheed is moving along just fine. They have posted up teasers for the past 8 days now, really obscure odd stuff that is probably going to be pieced into the story somehow, I maybe totally wrong. You never know with Claudio.

Aside from that, Dream Theater's new cd drops September 13th and it will be Mike Mangini's debut with the band. Extremely pumped for this because I have been very impressed with what I have herd so far off the album.

he was a moron they gave him a second chance since he was an original member after going back to "normal for a while" actually read his piece he wrote for Alternative Press about how he worked so hard to go back to being a non junkie and then after its printed he does this. Freaking hilarious what a mess. Coheed is just fine like the dude said, they dont need him.

Not the most mainstream guy in the world (at least not in Canada...) but the new Eric Church CD is really good.

C'mon...you gotta like the lyrics:

"I've thrown a punch or two and gave a few black eyes...but Jack Daniels kicked my ass again last night"

Oh...did I mention...It's Country Music! LOL

Good calls bud :) Saw ADTR twice now, the Warped gig was a dangerous mass of shifting human sweat, bodies and feet

thanks man!:) and aww lucky! haha i was supposed to go see ADTR on warped when it was in ATL but sadly their show was at like noon and it was the second day of school..and i bet it was a dangerous mass of shifting sweat bodies and feet but im sure it was all worth every second!!

Cloudkicker, just one guy, he does everything in his music. Doesn't get involved with labels or other musicians. He does exactly what he wants he is in total control of his music. Either way, after listening to his music for the past few days I am very inspired to focus on playing more.

My link

Edit: Forgot to add his website, name your price on all of his music no minimum. You can download it for free and if you like it pay for it at a later date.

Edited by Slapshot9123

You know, there was just no appropriate topic for this story and it's humorous enough so far that I wanted to share it, so I'll just put it here.

Drummer that I have been jamming with wasn't able to get together and practice this week because he is filling in with our (chick) bass player's old band. Confused yet? Anyway, my weekend schedule was called off due to the impending hurricane, so I texted and asked if they wanted to jam this weekend. He invited me to come see the show tonight, as the other guitar player is running sound for them and we can all get together. Well, the show is at a club that used to be called "the pink lizard". Yeah, it's one of those clubs. My wife is sick, so she doesn't want to leave the house. So it looks like I'm going in without backup. The plan is to get in early, talk to the guys and get out during the first set. Should be interesting.

You know, there was just no appropriate topic for this story and it's humorous enough so far that I wanted to share it, so I'll just put it here.

Drummer that I have been jamming with wasn't able to get together and practice this week because he is filling in with our (chick) bass player's old band. Confused yet? Anyway, my weekend schedule was called off due to the impending hurricane, so I texted and asked if they wanted to jam this weekend. He invited me to come see the show tonight, as the other guitar player is running sound for them and we can all get together. Well, the show is at a club that used to be called "the pink lizard". Yeah, it's one of those clubs. My wife is sick, so she doesn't want to leave the house. So it looks like I'm going in without backup. The plan is to get in early, talk to the guys and get out during the first set. Should be interesting.

How did it go?

If you guys like Ska at all or just good rhythmic music with amazing horns check out Streetlight Manifesto!

For the singer songwriter indie types. Dr. Dog.

How did it go?

I had a great time. $5 pitchers of blue really helped. I ended up helping the other guitar player run sound, fixed a few issues for them.

Gary Clark JR bright lights.

missed this post. saw him at the blockley in philly and he killed it. then he was hurried off stage so ?uestlove could DJ and was abyssmal, and I usually like his stuff.

Edited by maxamillion

Here's the encore from the show we saw on Friday. The Badlees are a local band that had a minor hit a number of years ago. Great bunch of guys that I got to know when they were just starting out. They invited the opening act and a friend that kills on harp to join them. Some of the older guys here may recognize the song.