Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

Chadd: What a great song! Good version too. I also love "The Shape I'm In"...if you got any cool versions of that, pass 'em along!

They also did a great version of the night they drove old dixie down that night. I'll check around to see what I can find on the shape I'm in. Dad was a huge fan of the band, I grew up on a steady diet of them, clapton, the doors, etc...

I'm really hoping someone posts the version of the battle of new orleans that they did. I've always loved that one.

They also did a great version of the night they drove old dixie down that night. I'll check around to see what I can find on the shape I'm in. Dad was a huge fan of the band, I grew up on a steady diet of them, clapton, the doors, etc...

I'm really hoping someone posts the version of the battle of new orleans that they did. I've always loved that one.

Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton? I can't believe another 30 something likes that song. I thought I was the only one! LOL

Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton? I can't believe another 30 something likes that song. I thought I was the only one! LOL

Their version is considerably more "rocked-up"

I'm kinda surprised that Taproot hasn't had a mention here. I've had Plead the Fifth on replay for a while now, but it's still a hard call for me as to their best release. Each album is at least a little different stylistically from the last, but each is good in it's own right. I was sold on them back in 2000 when Gift was released.

I forgot about this thread! Ive stopped listening to most rock, and I've started listening to more rap. I hate mainstream rap, I stick with people I find. My favorites right now are: Kinetics and One Love, Machine Gun Kelly, Mike Stud, Hendersin, and Grieves.

The Cast of Cheers, amazing if you like math rock/poppy lyrics, simillar to Foals first album. Lovely wee Irish band.

Are you from Ireland? My band is close with Adebisi Shank and most of the Richter Collective guys; we played with Cast of Cheers at the Forbidden Fruit festival this past summer, rad dudes

Reckless Kelly. I'm not big country fan, but their music is really cool and has a real feel to it... Not like a lot of what I hear nowadays that seems like you could insert any generic Nashville type and have the same thing, if that makes sense...?

http://youtu.be/c036YdXn5-0

Edited by theGhost

Burlington Band Walk Off the Earth. This video has gone through the roof crazy on youtube. 10M+ hits. I've watched a few more of their videos...they look awesome. They are playing a local bar next month...gotta go see them.

I hope the 1 guitar act is part of the show.

Burlington Band Walk Off the Earth. This video has gone through the roof crazy on youtube. 10M+ hits. I've watched a few more of their videos...they look awesome. They are playing a local bar next month...gotta go see them.

I hope the 1 guitar act is part of the show.

No doubt man! these guys are filthy!

I have also become a big fan of The Sheepdogs, Foster the People and this rapper even though he is racist as frig Childish Gambino

The singer in the band I was in went bat-shit crazy on me tonight and I bailed, but at least I heard about these guys:

this is chadd in 5 years... fast forward to 3:20

I don't play the fast stuff anymore. Back in high school we played some old school metallica and megadeath covers, but not anymore.

The singer in the band I was in went bat-shit crazy on me tonight and I bailed, but at least I heard about these guys:

Hellacopters are rad, their frontman Nicke Andersson (aka Nicke Royale) was the original drummer for Swedish death metal legends Entombed, who pioneered the sound and style that bands like Converge bite the hell out of these days. He currently drums in the thrash band Death Breath and has a blue-eyed soul band called the Solution. Nicke is a monster musical talent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jcKBSbm2o

Edited by hellaavangard

M83, Curren$y, Freddie Gibbs, Big K.R.I.T., Old 97's, The Gaslight Anthem.

The Gaslight Anthem, amazing. Saw them in Belfast, as brilliant live as they are in the studio.

I'm a big fan of Brian Fallon. even his individual accoustic stuff is great. He has a side project called the Horrible Crowes which is great as well.

Edited by adam14

Back in the day, there was this high school band from Texas that kicked much funk ass.

I just saw this documentary on their history and it was really an eye-opener. I love funk and soul, and I'm surprised it took me this long to hear these guys:

Sorry I didn't take the time to look back through, so this might be repeated, but plain and simple the band Death from Above 1979 is an awsome band that most people just don't seem to know

also, one of the members is part of the remix group MSTRKRFT that also seems to put out great works