Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wicked 3 Pain

all good points but there should be a line of how much pain customers have to go through. it's not like we're all new to hockey skates who never experienced "break in time" with other skates which have held up just fine. so if we have just about everyone that i've seen and heard of complain about this then we've got a problem. if this was a car, tv or who knows what else with the same percentage of complaints as these skates then there would of been a recall

not if the complaints are coming from a small percentage of people, consisting of this board and maybe a couple of focus groups. It really is the be careful what you wish for with a responsive company, because you will get it. I personally found the Wicked 3's immensely more comfortable out of the box than my old 10K's, but I guess I'm in the minority on this one.

yes, some of testers had pain...We tried the best to adjust the padding to help reduce the pain, but obviously a percentage of people still have an issue...

Overtime the pain will go away...And as I have said before...Sorry for the pain issues...

I'd like to see what percentage of people actually have this problem. It does not sound widespread right now (>50%) but there are a few pairs of Wicked 1's on eBay used, which is disconcerting. Poll maybe?

well i just put together what i've read from this forum which i've yet to see one person not have that problem and from someone who i know in real life.

well i just put together what i've read from this forum which i've yet to see one person not have that problem and from someone who i know in real life.

in reality though we make up a very small percentage, we just have direct access to people like Justin here. Like I said before, it's the whole be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. I personally don't mind a little pain up front for a product that will last me longer, I would be one of those people who was tired of skates breaking down prematurely, and not just Missions. The only brand I had luck with before this and last years Missions were Nexed, and it was another issue of people griping about the pain until they worked in.

The trouble is that this forum does not encompass everyone who owns the new Wicked's. This is not the Mission Wicked customer feedback board. There are likely at least a few (tongue in cheek) players out there who own wickeds but do not post here on MSH.

If we could poll EVERYONE who owns the Wicked 1's and 3's and find out how they feel, then we would have some statistical base for a conclusion. As it is, folks are just going to have to get used to a very stiff, high performance boot that should last a very long time. Just what the customer wanted by the way....

I will solve this now:

Is there initial discomfort on the 1's and 3's? Yes

Will the pain go away over time? Yes

What can be done to fix the pain faster? Have a certified dealer punch out the skate in the problem areas

Are we going to address the pain in the 2008 Skates: Yes

Is this a manufactures defect: No.

Is it only on the 1's and 3's? Yes

I believe that answers all questions.

Justin

The trouble is that this forum does not encompass everyone who owns the new Wicked's. This is not the Mission Wicked customer feedback board. There are likely at least a few (tongue in cheek) players out there who own wickeds but do not post here on MSH.

If we could poll EVERYONE who owns the Wicked 1's and 3's and find out how they feel, then we would have some statistical base for a conclusion. As it is, folks are just going to have to get used to a very stiff, high performance boot that should last a very long time. Just what the customer wanted by the way....

I never desired a statistical base for a conclusion. What I was after was to 1) start to understand the scope and 2) possibly release some weight off of Mission's problem by showing that the problem is not occuring with everybody's new skates. Justin acknowledged that the pain is a problem with these models (see above), but I think its in everyone's interest (consumers and manufacturer) to start to understand the scope in a public forum like this.

I will solve this now:

Is there initial discomfort on the 1's and 3's? Yes

Will the pain go away over time? Yes

What can be done to fix the pain faster? Have a certified dealer punch out the skate in the problem areas

Are we going to address the pain in the 2008 Skates: Yes

Is this a manufactures defect: No.

Is it only on the 1's and 3's? Yes

I believe that answers all questions.

Justin

Justin, how much lighter and stiffer are the wicked 5s compared to last years 7500s?

Thanks

Weight is about the same (since we added 76mm wheels).. The 5's are a bit stiffer due to the external material...They are almost identical internally to the 7500's.

Weight is about the same (since we added 76mm wheels).. The 5's are a bit stiffer due to the external material...They are almost identical internally to the 7500's.

Are the vanguard chassis's stronger than last years chassis as the one on my 7500s snapped after little use?

As you said that they are almost identical inside, do yo think it would be a bad idea for me to get them because the 7500 caused really bad blistering for me? When i got the 9500 everything was fine though.

That should teach you to listen to customers Justin. They never really want what they think they want.

Chadd,

Have you tried the wicked one's or wicked three's? If so, what's your feedback?. I have tried them and I have been playing roller hockey for 16 years.

That should teach you to listen to customers Justin. They never really want what they think they want.

Chadd,

Have you tried the wicked one's or wicked three's? If so, what's your feedback?. I have tried them and I have been playing roller hockey for 16 years.

Nope, I haven't tried them. I don't get on wheels too much anymore, though I have been considering it again. Congratulations on playing inline for 16 years, though I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything.

My point is simply that most people aren't willing to sacrifice anything in order to add features to a skate. Sure everyone wanted it to be stiffer and more durable, but they weren't willing to sacrifice any comfort or weight to get it. Like everything else, it's a series of compromises. Want a skate that is going to stay stiff longer, it's probably going to take a while to break in. Want a light skate, durability is often sacrificed to save weight. People wanted a more durable skate and it sounds like Mission delivered on that request, they just had to sacrifice something to get there. I give Justin credit because at least he is honest about a given product when asked.

Well I just had a problem with last year’s magnesium chassis where the chassis themselves started to flake away near the axle of the chassis. So to make a long story short I coughed up the cash for the new Wicked 1’s and my experience with them is WOW! After baking them and letting them cool on my feet they felt awesome. When I used them for the first this past week I was pleasantly surprised. I could be the exception but I had NO ankle bite or “Hot Spots†of any kind and have been extremely satisfied with their performance. Getting back to the beginning with the chassis problem, is this common with the flaking of the metal from my chassis?

I had NO ankle bite or “Hot Spots†of any kind and have been extremely satisfied with their performance.

Yes, but, You are made of steel :D

Ha! Hardly. Well we cleaned Remzy's clock last Thursday. It was tied at 3 going into the last period when my team decided to turn it up and we won 9 to 4. If you get a chance you should try out these skates. I have had such bad vibes about Mission skates for years but I think the Wicked 1's has remedied it. By the way, isn't it a little early to be up?

I have a pair of wicked 1's and I decided not to bake them (no access to a skate oven). The first skate was painful, the second and third I felt pressure but not pain, the fourth (which was last night) felt great. All this talk of a painful break in can be discouraging if you were looking to get a pair, but if you can deal with the initial discomfort for your first few skates; it is definitely worth it once they are broken in.

I have the wicked 1's and have gotten them baked still having the ankle pain...I've been putting a layer of padding around the ankles when I wear them its is good til probably mid to end game you start feeling the pain again. I've played on them about for 4 games already havent seen it get better...but i'm going to hang in there for now cause even with the pain its is a good set up stopping, acceleration, turning and top end speed have improved.

Chadd,

Nope, I haven't tried them. I don't get on wheels too much anymore, though I have been considering it again. Congratulations on playing inline for 16 years, though I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything.

My point is simply that most people aren't willing to sacrifice anything in order to add features to a skate. Sure everyone wanted it to be stiffer and more durable, but they weren't willing to sacrifice any comfort or weight to get it. Like everything else, it's a series of compromises. Want a skate that is going to stay stiff longer, it's probably going to take a while to break in. Want a light skate, durability is often sacrificed to save weight. People wanted a more durable skate and it sounds like Mission delivered on that request, they just had to sacrifice something to get there. I give Justin credit because at least he is honest about a given product when asked.

This is true, but through testing Justin said they were trying to fix it. I remain optimistic they can strike a balance in the future (like the 99' Wicked Lights). I would also like to see how long it generally takes people to break them in. It might be useful.

As you said that they are almost identical inside, do yo think it would be a bad idea for me to get them because the 7500 caused really bad blistering for me? When i got the 9500 everything was fine though.