Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Easton SyNergy ST

Easton SyNergy ST 2006 100 Flex Heatley Leftie

Time of use: 2 Months playing 4-5 times a week

Reviewer- 5'10" 185 lbs, Every position, Strong grinder + enforcer 12 years of hockey

Other sticks: Mission Pro Ether, Synergy SL, Vapor XX, Easton UL

Blade - I had never used an ST or the Heatley curve and purchased this stick through my work at wholesale. I immediately fell in love with the curve. I bought this stick because it was purported to be more durable than the SL and I don't need the extra weight taken off. The blade so far is still nice and stiff and the only wear shown is some paint chipping off of the pretty blue paint job. 9/10

Flex - I prefer a 90/95 flex but went with the 100 over the 85. Unlike the SL I used the stick hasn't become like a wet noodle and still has its original flex. Nice lower kick point, awesome flex. 10/10

Shooting - This stick is very responsive when shooting, skating down the ice with a nice flick of the wrist this baby rips shots. The stick is very balanced and when I open up on slappers it lets them go and is very accurate. 9/10

Stickhandling - I find that because its Super Tough it seems to be stiffer than other composites I have used and sometimes requires a little more finesse and I am not a finesse player. Also because I am coming from wood blades on almost all my previous sticks its a little different but I'm used to it now. 8/10

Durability - This stick is a tank. I have had people fall on this baby and hack at it and nothing more than some chipping of the blue paint. Also, I am a big kid and have put all my weight into numerous shots and the stick is still responsive and in one piece. 10/10

Intangibles - The stick is sexy. The royal blue paint glimmers in the light of an ice rink. It also matches our unis. 10/10

Conclusion - If you can handle the extra 40 grams of the ST over the SL get this stick. It is an amazing stick for the money and will perform just as you hope. 9/10

Easton SyNergy ST Non-Grip 05' version, Pro stock

FLEX: 90-100 (Pro Stock)

CURVE: Drury (Looks more like Lacavalier)

USER: 5’10’’, 185 lbs, Defence

BLADE- I always use wooden blade just for personal preference. So, what I always do is I cut OPS and put tapered or standard blade even if it's new. However, for some reason, I was running out of blade, and I decided to not to cut off the blade off. After 2 months of practices and games, I really loved the blade. Although I now have over 10 tapered and standard blades, I never cut it. It’s very solid blade.

9.5/10

SHAFT/FLEX- It has the same feeling as the original synergy but it just becomes tougher in blade. One of the reason why I don’t buy Easton Synergy ST 06’ is because it doesn’t have same feeling as the 05’s unique feeling from the original synergy.

9/10

STICKHANDLING/RECEIVING PASSES- It feels amazing. Passes are accurate and controlling the speed of pass is very easy. Stick handling is great. I think that's why most of foward of my team has it. I was very surprised how soft feeling it has. It said ST as in tough, but I see soft its inner side.

9.5/10

SHOOTING- AMAZING! That’s the only word what I can say. However, if there is a con of this stick, it would be shock-after-shooting. I feel slight shock after shooting; of course, there is no such stick which can provide 100% non shock environment, I felt the stick is some what have harder shock than any other sticks I used so far.

8/10

WEIGHT/BALANCE- Since my stick is a pro stock, it doesn’t list the weight. I also had used ST retail stick, the ST I have now is somewhat heavier, comparing the both sticks.

8.5/10

DURABILITY- Tank: that is the right word for the stick. I have used many sticks such as Bauer XXX, Synergy SL, Stealth 05’, Vector v110 and v120, and Warrior Dolomite; there are only two sticks left in my room – the Warrior dolomite and the Easton synergy.

There is no one could ever possibly argue about the durability of this stick (oh, the retail one is gone since I sold it to my friend.)

10/10

CONCLUSION- I have heard many people saying that dolomite is the best stick, or stealth cnt is the god; however, I believe, instead of spending $300 (cdn), I would go with synergy ST. I highly recommend this stick for everyone.

9.2/10

Stick - 2006 Easton Synergy ST

Pattern/flex - Sakic 65 Flex.

User Background - 5'3", 125 pounds. Midget Minor A travel hockey player. 7 years of ice experience. 10 years of roller.

Usage before Review - Roughly 6 games, about 12 practices.

Previous Twigs - Warrior Dolomite, TPS XN10, Mission Hex-1, Mission M-1, and more.

Blade

Before this stick, I had a Warrior Dolomite. The blade on that stick was easily the most responsive blade I had used to date. The ST so far has kept right up with the Warrior. Very responsive. Great feel for an Easton blade, which I haven't been too too impressed with before. 9/10

Shaft/Flex

The shaft is a boxy type, which I like. I just couldn't get used to a concave shaft like the XN10 has. I think that if Easton's 65 flex felt more like a Warrior 70 flex, I would like it 10 times more, but the 65 flex seems just a little too whippy, I've been used to using a stiffer stick. Maybe I just need to get used to it more. 7/10 (PP)

Stickhandling/recieving passes

The ST excels in this category. The Sakic curve has been extremely good to me since I've used the Draper curve on my Warrior. Recieving passes are very easy with the blade, and giving a saucer pass, something I've had trouble with before, is a lot easier. 10/10

Shooting

This is the best part of the stick. I loved the way my shot felt with the Dolomite, but this stick performs up to par with it, and more. It's something that surprised me very much, as it's the best shooting Easton stick/shaft/blade I've used. I can hit corners like nothing. 10/10

EDIT - After about a month and a half of usage, I've become extremely disappointed with the shooting of this stick. The stick torques beyond belief, and I stopped using it. I bought a NBH One90 and I've been much happier. New grade, 3/10

Weight and Balance

Easton sticks aren't known for being too light (with the exception of the CNT and SL), especially with the name "Super Tough". With durability, you sacrifice the weight. The stick is noticably heavier than my Dolomite, but the balance is incredible. 10/10

Durability

The ST is a complete Tank. I've used Easton sticks before that I was very disappointed in due to a lack of durability. The ST lives up to it's name. I've taken chops you'd see a Lumberjack make, and have blocked numerous shots with the stick, but there is no weakness. 10/10

Intangibles

I love the paint job on this stick. The blue paint really catches your eye and gets noticed on the ice.

Conclusion

Easton Hockey has impressed me very much with the 2006 Synergy ST. It makes me want to try out a CNT very bad, which I may just have to do. Thumbs up. Overall I give the ST a 9.5/10.

Edited by EBondo

Synergy ST BLUE 100 Flex Sakic

5'11 195

Midget AAA

Blade - for the first month was great but now extremly chipped. the heel is about to serparte in two pieces. the blade however is still fairly strong even after using it for an average of 5 times a week and I have had since august 20th. also the toe is in great shape, something new for me. 7.5/10

Shaft/Flex - the first ST i had broke in the middle of the shaft but because of some dumbass goalie flexing it 50 times in a row but the warranty was still in place so i received another. I am quite satisfied with the durability of the new ST shaft. there are a few paint chips but nothing structurly wrong with it. there is quite alot of flex in it but probably becuase of the height(only cut half an inch off). 9.5/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes - the stickhanlding is fine i do not have the greatest hands but the stick seems fine. one thing i noticed 6-10 times i get a pass it seems to bounce of the blade a bit but other then that its great. 8/10

Shooting - the minute i picked it up i could shoot with it, i was using a synthesis before and had no trouble switching unlike when i switched from ST to CNT Stealth. stick is great for my slap shot and snap shot, cant take a good back hand no matter what so nothing wrong with that shot with the ST. 10/10

Durablity - the heel of the blade as i stated earleir is really messed but the shaft and the toe is fine. 8.5/10

Conclusion - i am very satisfied with the ST would recommend it to any forward or defencemen. i play both and it works great. only recommendation is tape the heel a bit higher then you normally would and you will be quite satisfied with the ST.

Final Review - 8.7/10 (used a calculator B) )

Edited by oggy_3

16 yrs old, 6'2" 200lbs

Easton Synergy St and St grip

Prostock curves(lidstrom round toe, forsberg clone)

Around 100 flex for both

Blade: The blade on this stuck is unbelievable. It is probably the strongest blade i have ever seen on a one piece, but the downfall of these is once you use your stick for a long period (like one month)of time the blade feels like its broken inside even thow you cannot see cracks but appart from that it has the nicest feel because i loved the old synergy and synergy grips and thses sticks feel exactly like them. 8/10

Flex: I was really impressed with the flex on these sticks even thow they were prostocks, usually with eastons after being used for a while i warp them like crazy and the lose their pop and they feel like a mooshy piece of spaghetti but these ones still had their pop and everything even after 2 months of usage for each. 10/10

Passing: Just like the old synergy's very bouncy so you have to use very soft hands when receiving a pass. but overall decent feel. 7/10

Shooting: This stick delivers tremendous power for shots i have no complaints. 10/10

Weight balance: cant really comment on it i have prostocks but they did feel way heavier then what they normally do.

Graphics: Cant really complain exept for the bright green sheme for the grip but in all its decent nice graphics.. enough to have caught my attention. 10/10

Durabilty: Says it in the stick st (super tough) and they gave it the perfect name my sticks are 1 month and 3 months old and are stick holding up strong. 10/10

Conclusion: this sticks is excelent strong stick with a nice feel.. defenitly something i would drop 200$ on again cuz its really reliable and consistant. 9.5/10

User

5'10 155lbs

85 flex Iginla Curve

used for 8 months before review

Background

After some consideration I decided to give OPS one more shot. Enter the Synergy ST. It is fairly light at 450grams and has a reputation for being one of the more durable sticks in the market.

Blade

The blade is very solid,durable and has a 'hot' face. I prefer my sticks that way. It is also very stiff even 8 months into it.

Shaft

The shaft shape is more of a traditional shape, but is a little concave. It also kicks

Passing and shooting

This stick is really good. Because of the good feel offered by this stick giving and recieving passes is much easier. My shots feel solid and there's no lag when the shaft kicks. [9/10]

Balance

This being a one piece is very balanced compared to the shafts i have used. Because of the light weight of the blade, you can completely wrap the blade in tape, wax it like crazy, and it'll still feel good. [10/10]

Intangibles

I like the blue colour even if it stands out. I was a big fan of mission's 'beemer blue' and this stick kinda reminds me of my old m-1. The graphics stay on (they don't peel off) and for those that care about cosmetics this stick still looks good even after 8 months of abuse.

Durability

Easton has created a tank of a stick while keeping the weight down and the performance up. The problem is that the ST is not completely bulletproof. While the shaft and blade are durable, the part of the stick where the shaft meets the top of the blade is not durable. My first ST i broke in that spot and it broke right at the hosel when i took a simple slapshot when clearing a puck out of our zone. Luckily it was stil in warranty. The replacement i got held up well until a slash at that same area. A huge chunk was missing. [6/10]

Final Thoughts

I would recommend this stick. It's reasonably priced, a good performing stick. Durability is fairly good with the exception of the hosel. But for me I would probably just stick back to tapered shafts.

5'10 - 172 lbs.

Competitive hockey 3-5 times a week

85 flex Sakic RH (silver model)

Used for solid 2 1/2 months. Still going.

Backround

Saw this stick on sale for 150$ canadian at my lhs and decided to give it a try, as i wanted to try a whipper stick. It was a toss up between this, and the Bauer Endure, but decided to go with the ST because it seemed like more of a household name, and figured it couldn't be that bad. But after two times on the ice, the blade had a huge crack in the middle as well as on the heel and i immediately brought the stick back. When i received the warranty replacement i was highly considering selling it, but something told me to give the stick another try. And let me tell you, using the warranty replacement was the best decision i could have made. Therefore my review will be on my warranty replacement, which i believe is the real Synergy ST.

Blade

After 2 and a half months of solid use, playing 3-5 times a week of solid, chippy hockey, this blade is a stiff as when i first got it. I am completely surprised and very happy everytime i bend the blade and hear no little cracking or any signs of breaking. Although the toe is chipping slightly and the heel part of the blade (i do a 3/4 tape job from toe to heel, so that part is exposed)has a number of scratches and welts, it has no effect of the blade whatsoever. One of the best durabilities in a blade ive ever seen, especially from an easton stick, and on par with a pro-stock dolomite that i used which was very similar durability-wise.

9.5/10

Shaft

There are a couple of scratches and welts in the shaft, but the performance and whip is still the same as when i got it.

9.5/10

Passing and Shooting

It didn't take me very long to get used to the flex and curve of the stick, coming from a 110 flex iginla. I feel like although i can't stickhandle as smoothly as with the smaller bladed iginla curve, the Sakic 85 flex gives me more of an all around game. The 85 flex takes a bit off of my slapshot, but my snapshot has never been better. I find my self scoring a lot more goals as i have alot more confidence shooting with this stick.

9.5/10

Balance

Balance is perfect on this stick. I recently bought a Stealth CNT, and feel like the ST feels sooo much better. The CNT in my opinion feels a lot clunkier and blade heavy, and everytime i switch from my CNT to my ST, the difference is amazing.

10/10

Intangibles

Love the classic silver more than the newest blue color. The blue ST's also feel different than the silver.

Durability

Although the first one i got had horrible durability, im sure it was just a manufacturing defect. My replacement has truly held its name as super tough. Its durability is second to none.

10/10

Conclusion

I really love this stick, i truly do. It is the all around stick. Its durability does not compromise the weight, balance, shot and overall feel one bit. The ST is comparable to the pro-stock Dolomite i used for a number of months that maintained stiffness and performance until a little knick in the blade slowly spread and it finally broke. Im sure the same will happen with my ST as there are several little scratches on the blade surface which will definately grow over time. I play competitive hockey and by no means take it easy on this stick, yet it is constantly ready for more, and takes it with pride. Looking for the best value stick, and probably the best overall stick on the market? look no further than the Synergy ST, its the closest thing to a perfect stick than you'll find anywhere.

9.7/10

Edit: Broke the stick This September as a little scratch had spread across the middle of the blade. The stick performed consistently for me for a good 9 months of hockey. The longest I have had a stick before that was maybe 3-4 months and I've used a looooot of sticks in my time.

Edited by habookus

Easton Synergy ST (2010 version)

Flex: 115, cut about 1-inch from the original 65" length

Curve: Sakic Non-Grip

Height: 6'

Weight: 260

Position: roller Defenseman (mainly use this stick in the league where I stay back and do nothing but slappers or shots from the wing)

Time-frame of use: Used three times weekly from early April to early-August (4 months).

Recently Used Sticks (past three months): Bauer One85 (112-flex), Sherwood 9950 wood, CCM U+ CL (100-flex)

Intro: To start, I am a ROLLER HOCKEY player, I want everyone to know that before they read too in-depth. I have been a long supporter of Easton sticks since they make an effort to offer all three of their lines with 110+ flexes. I have never met a stick that was too stiff for me. I also use very long sticks (63-64 inches end to heel... yes I play with illegal lengths). When I saw that Easton was releasing a 115-flex stick that was also extra-extra long - I placed a pre-order for two sticks right away.

Aesthetics: This stick has a very good look to it. The flat/matte black finish is very nice and offers great feel/texture to it. The white lettering and grey/orange graphics don't scream "look at me", but give it a little bit of color. 10/10

Weight and Balance: This stick is not in the uber-light weight class. I did not weigh it, but it feels like it would be in the 500-515g area at full length/no tape/etc. Compared to ultra-balanced sticks like the One95/85, U+ CL and my recently purchased S19 - this stick is also fairly blade heavy. I will say that this stick is not designed to be uber-light. It is designed and marketed to power players, defensemen and players who are hard on their sticks. It also is not priced to compete against the uber-light sticks out there. On a grand scale compared to other sticks I have used, I would give this a rating of 6/10, but considering I knew what I was buying, I am going to give it an 8/10. I would have gladly accepted more weight in the handle area to give it better balance. Especially due to the fact that it comes in such a long length and does not require wood extensions/tenons.

Blade: Again, this is all based on playing a roller puck... I find the feel of this stick to be exceptional! I find it to be equal to the One85 I own and One95 I owned in the past. This is the best/equal-to-the-best of all OPS composite sticks I have used in terms of feel. The blade is a bit thicker than the uber-light sticks, which may lead to the blade-heavy feel of the stick. The tradeoff is the good feel you get from it. The blade does seem to deflect a bit though if you catch a shot/pass off the toe. Perhaps it is just the age/abuse it has taken, but I think the blade certainly plays a bit softer than say the S19, U+ CL, 10K, etc. IMO the blade is about feel for this stick, not shooting - so I give it a 10/10

Shaft/Flex: The shaft is certainly the most boxy option from Easton, but I don't care. The finish on the non-grip finish is very slick. It allows very quick hand movements. The flex does seem a bit softer than the 115-rating, but it is also more of a mid kick stick than low-kick stick. Although the actual true flex rating may be stiffer than a 110-flex, it plays like a 110 or lower flex stick. It still delivers a ton of power though. 9/10

Stickhandling and Passing: I really don't want to comment here. I am not a dangler and am considered a shooter more than a passer. The only comment I have is that receiving passes with this stick is very simple since the blade is softer and has better feel than others. I would prefer to abstain on giving a rating.

Shooting: I bought this stick as an all-around workhorse for me. I bought a 115-flex to aid my slap shot. If I wanted a pure slap-shot stick, I would have ordered this stick with a Drury or Getzlaf pattern (best for slappers for me). I instead ordered it with a Sakic pattern so I could still have some power on my wrist shots... I am happy with my decisions. The slap shots are very hard and the kick point also seems to be decent for wrist shots if you really load the stick up. My recently purchased S19 does release shots quicker and more accurately than the ST, but the ST is designed for power shooting and it does that very well. 9/10

Durability: This stick is marked as the Super Tough model in the Easton line. It certainly is. It has taken a lot of abuse and although it has A LOT of paint/finish chips, the stick is still structurally sound. It has taken a lot of slashes and stick checks. The only disappointing thing is that the finish chips very easily since there really is no coating over the graphics. If you care about the look of your sticks, I would suggest getting one of those shaft-wrap thingies. 8/10

Conclusion: I think this is a GREAT stick for the $160.00 price point. I am not only happy that they offered it in a very stiff flex and extra long length, but am also happy with the unknown performance aspects of the stick as well. The blade feel and finish of the shaft were pleasant surprises.

Easton SyNergy ST (2010 version Non-grip 85 flex Zetterberg)

5'7

130 lbs

Bantam AAA

Time frame of use-About 3 months on ice 3-4 days a week

Position-Primarily Defense but occasionally I play wing.

Aesthetics: I really like the looks of this stick black with orange and gray lines placed on the shaft with a white Easton written down the shaft. 9/10

Weight and Balance: This stick is on the heavier side but thats ok with me because the stick is balanced quite nicely if anything a bit blade heavy. I'll sacrifice the weight for the added durability. 8/10

Blade: The best part of this stick in my opinion. This stick's blade is great. I would compare it to a ONE95 blade it stayed stiff the entire time I used it. The blade has a great feel although it is a bit thick. The paint on the blade chipped a bit on the toe but didnt affect the performance one bit. 9/10

Shaft/Flex: The shaft of the ST is very boxy and on the non-grip version the stick has a slick kevlar finish, I really liked the finish on this stick, easy to slide my hands down the shaft to my liking. This stick flexed as marked seemed close to an 85 maybe a bit whippier. 9/10

Stick Handling/Passing: stick handling with this stick seemed fine nothing out of the ordinary. Receiving passes was difficult at times with the puck bouncing off of the blade on some harder passes, and I also got some vibrations up the shaft. 8/10

Shooting: The first month I had this stick shooting was fine but after that it was downhill. The stick lost some of it's pop on slapshots and I felt a bit of a lag when I really leaned into a shot. My snappers and wristers seemed ok though. 6/10

Durability: In my opinion the biggest upside to this stick, it is a tank. I've taken many hacks and slashes and the stick is holding up pretty well. At the bottom of the shaft the paint has chipped a lot and even at the top of the shaft. 10/10

Final Thoughts: For $160 bucks this stick is a pretty good deal. It gives out great performance with one of the better blades easton makes. I really like this stick and I plan on picking one up in the future.

59/70

2010 Easton Synergy ST matte finish 85 flex Iginla curve

Cut to 58" (85 flex), added 1" wood butt end

Rec hockey A division and pick up, 3 to 5 times a week

Height: 6'0"

Weight: Around 200 pounds

Position: Defensive defenseman (there's a net on the other side of ice?)

Time Frame: Used for last 4 months

Other stick: Sherwood T90 grip 75 flex Statsny curve (current 1st stick)

Background: Got the stick from Easton to try out through work, not my curve or flex of choice but beggars can't be choosers. Been using it along with my T90 during games and pick up. I use soft flex sticks, shoot snap and wrist shots mostly, not many slap shots. I use the stick a lot on stick and poke checking so I tend to get a lot of wear on the hosel/blade.

Aesthetics: I like the graphic update from the 2009 model, good use of colour accents of orange and white. Not sure why they put the orange strip on the bottom of the blade, maybe to help identify the stick like the ONE95 with the yellow stripe. Very clean graphics and easy to identify from distance.

10/10

Weight/Balance: It's heavy. Advertised at 460ish grams, could be more. However, because it's a more durable construction (extra layer of carbon) it's a trade off for the extra durability. Balance is definitely blade heavy, cut it down an extra bit to add a wood butt end to help balance the stick better. Could put in that new weight system from the EQ50 if you don't want to cut down too much. After using many different sticks for the past year, I find that it's a bit too heavy especially with putting in the wood butt end. After using the T90 and the 11K, it's relegated to the back up stick after 3 months of hard use.

8/10

Blade: The new resin properties (Shox technology) do help with the puck not bouncing off the blade, but I find that it's a small difference than Easton may advertise. I use the Sidelines grip and I find that helps with the the super stiff blade when receiving passes. However, my shots are accurate as it doesn't flex as much when shooting. As stiff as the CL blade or the 11K, however, it's much thicker of a blade in general. It's starting to chip a lot on the toe of the blade but I use it heavily against the boards.

8/10

Shaft/Flex: Love the matte finish, I would have like it better if it had a bit more grip like the Warrior AK Velvet grip. However, it's not as slippery as a normal clear shaft with sweat and moisture involved. I have used many Easton sticks in the past and I'm a huge fan of the Kevlar layer. Definitely helps dampen the vibration and I've never had an issue with any type of shaft breakage. With a compression molded shaft, you'll definitely feel the shaft flex consistently vs other mid to lower end sticks. More of a "power" shaft dimensions, tradition shaft with a small bit of concave on the shaft and rounded corners. Good for loading slap shots, a bit less responsive on the wrist and snap. Flex is always a crap shoot with Easton shafts, I find that my 85 flex is stiffer. My last Easton was an 85 but was more like a 75. I tried two different 75 flex sticks (both ST) and one was stiffer than the other.

9/10

Stick Handling/Passing: Stick handling is pretty good with this stick, the Kevlar in the shaft helps dampen the vibration from the stiffer blade. Good puck feel and I found excellent passing with the combination of the shaft stiffness and the Iggy curve. Good for spreading the sauce all over the rink.

10/10

Shooting: Great clapper with this stick but I found a lacking in wrist shots. This is harder to determine as the flex and curve have more of an effect on shooting (and technique). If I had a 75 flex with a Sakic/Hall curve, my shot would definately be better, no fault of the actual stick I use.

9/10

Durability: This is where the stick shines. I use my stick a lot, as Pierre MacGuire would say, a very active stick. Poking, slapping, checking, going for opponents hosels, it has taken it all. Just paint chips and nothing more. Other sticks I have used end up with deep grooves in the carbon just asking for breakage. One pick up I played, got tripped by the blue line and in a desperation move, tried to swing at my friend who was laughing and skating by with the puck. He stepped on my stick and put two blade groves, one on the blade and one on the hosel. I've continued to use the stick for two months after and no failures where others would have broken. Great tough stick, no wonder many pros use it still.

11/10

Final Thoughts: If you're looking for a stick that will last for a long time, this is a good choice. Not only this current generation, but many previous were tough as nails. It's a good value as well, it may not have the top of the line technology as the Torx hosel or the Perimeter Weighted System, but at least Easton prices it accordingly. All the materials with this stick that are comparable against the SE16/EQ50 and the S19, so you're getting a well constructed stick. MUCH better than some of the competitors around the same price points. The ST has become my back up stick to the T90 based on the weight difference and the flex, but I would definitely buy one if I had the opportunity with the right flex and curve.

UPDATE

I received another ST, Hall curve in a 75 flex. Cut down to 58.5", Command grip sand red put on and taped up. Wow, what a difference. Having the proper flex has made my shot even more powerful on top of faster. The curve allows me to raise the puck better. Upgrade shooting from a 9 to 10.

Same great feel, weight is lighter due to no wooden butt end in my previous ST. Balanced still a bit blade heavy.

Unfortunately this stick beats the T90 for my top stick.

Cheers

Stick - Easton Synergy ST, blue/white/silver model (2009?)

Pattern/flex - Iginla 85 flex

User Background - 6'0", 180 pounds, played high school hockey in Toronto, current beer leaguer

Use - 10ish months, roughly 1 game and 1 stick and puck per week

Other sticks I've owned - Bauer one95, TPS Rubber, numerous low end Easton/TPS OPS sticks, MANY woodies

Blade

Real nice blade, pretty damp feeling on passes but still very stiff, maintains it's stiffness very well, and seems to be basically indestructible. Easton blades are known to go soft or break easily, but that's definitely not the case with my ST.

9/10

Weight and Balance

It's a stick made to be durable, not light, it's noticeable heavier than top of the line performance sticks, but still not that heavy. Balance is pretty good, a touch blade heavy but only just slightly.

8/10

Shaft/Flex

Flexes like a stick that has quite a bit of fiberglass in it, doesn't have that really lively/responsive kick that you get out of a (albeit much more fragile) top of the line stick. I still flex it well, but it just doesn't give me the feedback I like, if that makes sense. Shaft shape is nice, traditional/boxy.

6/10

Stickhandling/recieving passes

Very damp blade as I mentioned before, don't even really need to cradle passes, they'll stick even if your hands suck. Stick handling is good in all regards except weight, as it is a touch on the heavier side.

9/10

Shooting

I know this is known as a slapshot stick, but for whatever reason my slapshot is mediocre with it. My snapper is great with this stick, my wrister also mediocre. I shoot better with sticks that have a more snappy/responsive feel, but still shoot reasonably well with this stick.

8/10

Durability

This thing has taken massive abuse with nothing bad to show for it. The blade and the shaft have taken only minor cosmetic damage from even the most vicious slashes or encounters with skate blades, and the performance is still quite similar to the day I got it. The most durable stick I've ever used, period. Has definitely lived up to the hype in terms of durability for me.

10++++/10

Aesthetics

The paint job is crazy cheap, I put a candy cane wrap on it for a bit and when I peeled the wrap off the graphics came off like a sticker (especially all the silver parts). Before that it was a reasonably good looking stick, though I prefer a more understated black look personally.

7/10

Conclusions/overall

A stick that performs decently, like a mid range stick, but with phenomenal durability. Love the blade and and how well its held up, but just not a fan of the way the shaft flexes/kicks. Happy with my purchase overall, especially since I got it on sale

8.5/10

Stick: Easton Synergy ST '10 version

Pattern/ Flex: Zetterberg (p4) 100 flex, matte version

Background: A/B level Men's League

5'11" 220lbs Defenseman

More of a shoot first type of d-man. I use snapshots and slappers most of the time and I'm very hard on my sticks.

Use: 4 months 1-2 mens league games and 1-2 stick practice per week

Previous sticks owned: Bauer x:40, CCM U+07, RBK 7k, Rbk 8.0.8

Visuals: I really like the look of the flat black with the orange accents. Makes it look very sleek and not really flashy like other sticks that are on the market. 10/10

Shaft: Comming from grip covered sticks, I was very impressed with the grip I got from the matte coating. It made stickhandling easier by allowing my bottom hand to slide a bit more but also had a little "grip" for the amount of tourque I need while shooting. Balance was blade heavy but I ended up cutting it down 3" and inserting a wood buttend. The flex rating at full length was a little too flexible for my taste as it was more like a 90 flex but the addition on the butt-end added the stiffness I was looking for. 8/10

Blade: This is what I was both impressed and a little disappointed with. The feel was very good and responsive and I really liked how little (if any) the blade tourqued while shooting. Passes seemed to stick really well and it didn't feeling as pingy as the x:40 blade was. The disappointing part was how quickly the toe of the blade got chewed up after only a few games and more or less dissintegrated over time. 7/10

Stickhandling/ Passing: Handling the puck was a pleasure with this stick. Probably the best feeling composite I've ever owned. Passes really stuck to the blade and the P4 curve excells in just about all passes I dish out. 10/10

Shooting: For a stick that was built more on a durability standpoint, this thing shoots very well. Slapshots have plenty of pop but aren't as fast as I'm usually used to. Snapshots and backhanders are pretty effortless and have good zip to them but like my slapshots, they aren't as fast. 8/10

Durability: This is where I have mixed thoughts on. The shaft is an absolute tank. It has taken it's share of blocked shots and hacks from other players and has no signs of dying anytime soon. The blade is what I found disappointing. The toe started crumbling after only a few weeks and the middle of the blade gave out and broke a month or so later. 6/10

Final thoughts: I bought this stick after I had broken multiple sticks over a short period of time. I usually break sticks somewhere in the shaft and this shaft is still going strong. After the blade broke, I converted it into a shaft and I still use it as a backup. I paid $160 at the time for the stick but how the blade broke would keep me from buying another one. Overall 8/10

Blade

The blade has held up pretty well through a lot of abuse. There is orange paint on the bottom and a lot of it is still there, surprisingly, but the paint on the top is starting to chip. This is mostly aesthetics, but could be something to note.

Overall: 8.5/10

Shaft/Flex

The shaft is boxy but a bit rounded at the same time. I guess the best way to describe it is an octogonal shape, but it doesn't have corners, if that makes sense. I got the grip version, which feels pretty good but my hand slides down while taking a shot sometimes - could be technique. It comes at 64" but it should be cut down to 61" to get the correct flex and getting it down to normal people height. Even when you cut it down three inches, it plays about five "points" down from where it says it is (The number I cut it down to was a 100, it feels like a 95).

Overall: 9/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes

I have stone hands, so I'm not going to pretend like I'm Pavel Datsyuk, but I can't quite feel the puck on my stick very well when dribbling. When I do get out of my comfort zone and try to make a move, the shaft vibrates a bit more, but still not quite what I'm expecting (this might be due to me being used to using wood blades). When I cup a pass, it has a nice feel.

Overall: 7/10

Shooting

This is a little hard to explain, but I can flex the stick forever and it won't come out as fast as everybody is expecting. I can load up on a slapper and the puck will travel as fast according to how much I load up, but not the same for wristers.

Overall: 4.5/10

Weight and balance

The stick is around 550 grams without weighing it, but it's so well balanced that it doesn't feel heavier than 450.

Overall: 8/10

Durability

This is how Eastn markets the stick and it doesn't lie. I take a heavy amount of abuse in the game but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the stick. It has a few paint chips down at the "ankle" of the stick (near where the fuse point would be), but I haven't noticed any chips in the stick itself.

Overall: 11/10

Intangibles

The stick doesn't look bad. It may not look like the RS (which I think looks cool, but that's just me), but it doesn't look like human excrement.

Overall: 7/10

Conclusion

While the Easton SyNergy ST '11 model doesn't have *amazing* features and it isn't -20 grams, it will take a beating and last around the life of two top-end sticks will. It's on the clearance racks right now and will be around $105, so it's a great deal.

Overall: It's really unfair to compare, so I'll break it into two pieces.

Performance: 7/10

Cost-effectiveness: 10/10