Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

What kind of Porsche? There is a large difference between a boxter and a Carrera GT.

Nothing special...would like to find a 1999 or newer Carrera (with moderate to high miles)

A Carrera isn't a 2 seater, unless you're talking about a GT3.

It is a good time to buy 996's, though. Just get it inspected and specifically watch out for ones with RMS.

I obviously know very little about them, so I need to do research, so thanks for the insight into the 996's....I will go look at them now ;)

Go with a Maserati Coupe... well thats unless you want relability. You can get one with low milage for around 50k.

Only 50,000, haha, pocket change....

Thats how much a nice non turbo 996 Carrera is going to cost.

No it's not. You can get a good one for about $10k cheaper.

Only 50,000, haha, pocket change....

Arent you like 16?

12... I owned one before I moved to the city, good car, some problems, but a good car never the less. They depreciate very swiftly.

DD:96 Chevy 1500 pickup, 5.7 auto 4x4

Project truck: 86 Bronco II

-91 4.0 engine bored .030 over

comp cams 410 camshaft

jba headers

some head work

-Dana 35 in the front, 8.8 in the back with 3.73 l/s gears

-Beefier driveshafts

Anyone here ever own or drive an Audi A4? I'm looking at the 96's as I hear they have the best engines out of then to around the 02's-03's. I was just wondering again if anyone has any feedback on the A4s?

Anyone here ever own or drive an Audi A4? I'm looking at the 96's as I hear they have the best engines out of then to around the 02's-03's. I was just wondering again if anyone has any feedback on the A4s?

My sister owns a 2006 A4. If you are looking for power, stay away from an A4 as they are very underpowered and pretty slow. If you want something in the same price range that is decently quick, go with a G35, They started making them in 2003, so they may be out of your price range. But check out a high millage one, they are great cars and just keep going. Before the A4 she owned a 2002 Passat, which she had many problems with. Same powertrain as the A4 and they also share many bits and pieces. The engine is great in terms of reliability, but they still have electrical problems after 30 years of the same old crap. The A4 drives great especially with quatro, but they are underpowered. The turbo is pretty much maxed out from the factory, so there isnt much room to move.

My sister owns a 2006 A4. If you are looking for power, stay away from an A4 as they are very underpowered and pretty slow. If you want something in the same price range that is decently quick, go with a G35, They started making them in 2003, so they may be out of your price range. But check out a high millage one, they are great cars and just keep going. Before the A4 she owned a 2002 Passat, which she had many problems with. Same powertrain as the A4 and they also share many bits and pieces. The engine is great in terms of reliability, but they still have electrical problems after 30 years of the same old crap. The A4 drives great especially with quatro, but they are underpowered. The turbo is pretty much maxed out from the factory, so there isnt much room to move.

Now you're saying that A4 3.0 is underpowered? Please.

I said nothing about a 3.0? I am talking about the 1.8 and 2.0 TC engines.

The 3.0 IS underpowered. 220/220 HP/TQ?! First of all the engine is too small, theres not enough torque. The 3.0L BMW engine used in the 3 series makes 230hp (but only 200 ft/lbs). Second of all for the same price you can get 300 HP from a 3.5 6 banger in the G35. You also get 280 ft/lbs of torque.

At the moment I am trying to convince my parents to let me take over the old car that sits in the driveway (they're planning on trading it in when our lease is up on the jeep). It's a grand prix (not sure what year) but anyway I don't get my liscence until July, so we'll see. Anyone have ideas on how to convice them :P lol?

You could always save up some money and buy it from them. Talk to them about it first, and see what they think about the idea. Doing this will show them that you can be responsible, and you'll also be buying a car with a known history.

Edited by DamnLocust

I'm looking for a new car in the range of about $9,500-$10,500 and as I've been looking, I haven't been able to find much. For that price range, what would you suggest as being the best bang for the buck?

Thanks in advance for any advice and or opinions!

I'm looking for a new car in the range of about $9,500-$10,500 and as I've been looking, I haven't been able to find much. For that price range, what would you suggest as being the best bang for the buck?

Thanks in advance for any advice and or opinions!

Go with a mitsubishi Galant. Good power for the price, pretty nice cars.

Honda Civic 2000 Hatchback, my first ever car. Payed for it myself and damm proud of it.