Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

nice fucking cars lol, i don't know anything about insurance but $120 a week seems pretty cheap for an m3 and 2 ferraris.

i think remember seeing a pic of your dad's M or something, do you have any other pictures that you could post?

They're listed as secondary vehicles on our coverage. If they were listed as primary cars, that figure would triple.

The M5 is my dads.

Couldn't afford a Lamborghini? :P

A verde ithaca LP640 roadster would interest me somewhat, but its not $400k nice. Thats Carrera GT money.

No shit, but I dont know how old he is,I thought around 19 or so and thatd be pretty crazy to have three cars that expensive. So either is dad bought them for him or somethin

The M3 is mine. Paid straight cash for it after the first test drive. The rest are family owned as in we all pay a fraction of the total cost.

Carrera GT? Pshhhh... I couldn't own that car knowing that a Porsche turbo, which costs 1/3 of my fancy super car, can kick my ass to 60... we all know that 0-60 is the only true measure of a cars performance... traffic light to traffic light baby

Edited by Vapor

Carrera GT? Pshhhh... I couldn't own that car knowing that a Porsche turbo, which costs 1/3 of my fancy super car, can kick my ass to 60... we all know that 0-60 is the only true measure of a cars performance... traffic light to traffic light baby

First off, the turbo isn't faster than the CGT 0-60. And second, Porsche has not designed any of their cars to be driven stop light to stop light.

GT goes 0-60 in 3.6 seconds

997 turbo goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds with Tiptronic (motor trend claims to have gone 0-60 in 3.2)

So that would be faster...

AND REALLLY?!?! I thought Porsche tuned their cares on Park Avenue...

I drive a 2000 Tacoma....nothing special.

Dad on the other hand just retired and spoiled himself with a 2008 Porsche 911 Carerra 4S Cabriolet in the Metallic grey with the grey interior. The good news is that he crested over 2000 miles about 3 weeks ago, so we can now enjoy the boxer 6 up to its redline.

:P

I have to say, I'm pretty jealous of people who have nice cars bought for them. I paid for all my vehicles my self after working hard and none have them have been spectacular at all.

GT goes 0-60 in 3.6 seconds

997 turbo goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds with Tiptronic (motor trend claims to have gone 0-60 in 3.2)

So that would be faster...

AND REALLLY?!?! I thought Porsche tuned their cares on Park Avenue...

How fast is the manual transmission 997 TT? If I remember, the CGT doesn't have a tiptronic.

And keep talking about how you'd rather have performance.... why didn't you get a Z06 instead of a Maserati?

I have to say, I'm pretty jealous of people who have nice cars bought for them. I paid for all my vehicles my self after working hard and none have them have been spectacular at all.

I'm in the same boat as you. Worked to purchase all of my vehicles, and made sensible purchases. My Tacoma is a 4 cylinder, 2WD, 5 spd extended cab....nothing spectacular. But that 4 banger from Toyota will last forever, and I still get 27mpg out of the truck.

Just bought a 2008 Scion xD.

ewwwy. What made you get that?

A couple things.

Price.

Features.

Body-style.

Fuel economy.

I like hatchbacks. I'm 21 and work 2 jobs and go to school with mediocre credit, I can't afford a 23-25K car. The xD came in right at 15K with all the features I need (and wanted). Personally I don't think the body is "puke-worthy" at all, I think it's a nice, unique take on a fairly common, fairly well-accepted 5-door hatch body style. Oh, and it's small. I like small cars.

Once the CGT hits the 200k's, there will be one in our garage. There is no better sound than that v10 besides the 355 with straight pipes and capristo lvl 3.

For the doubters. Only factory striped yellow Stradale on the East Coast. It'll be on its way out soon to make room for the 430 Scuderia.

j920ix.jpg

Edited by Thockey17

Once the CGT hits the 200k's, there will be one in our garage. There is no better sound than that v10 besides the 355 with straight pipes and capristo lvl 3.

For the doubters. Only factory striped yellow Stradale on the East Coast. It'll be on its way out soon to make room for the 430 Scuderia.

j920ix.jpg

What type of business are you/your family in?

And then....are you hiring?? :)

By the way is it possible to get out of an extended service agreement once I sign the papers. I don't even know what 2000 dollars I'm paying can do with that..

Usually you can get one but the protection is fairly limited.

Yeah that Mazdaspeed6 looks sweet...I have to swing down and see what the ACTUAL retail is. And my boss' husband is a Mazda salesman so I might be able to swing a deal.

BUT, I need to pay off the loan for another year first.

By the way is it possible to get out of an extended service agreement once I sign the papers. I don't even know what 2000 dollars I'm paying can do with that..

Usually you can get one but the protection is fairly limited.

I have one. I want out. The fairly limited protection for an extra two grand plus is ridiculous.

How fast is the manual transmission 997 TT? If I remember, the CGT doesn't have a tiptronic.

And keep talking about how you'd rather have performance.... why didn't you get a Z06 instead of a Maserati?

I never said that I would rather have performance instead of luxury or styling. It was simply a comment against the Carrera GT. I love the z06, but its not my kind of car. Of course its performance destroys the mas, but there is so much more when it comes to purchasing a car.

SOOOO Glad that they are bringing a car like the GT-R to the states. Too long NA has had to get watered down versions of performance cars that reign supreme in Japan. Our time has come, and it is wonderful!!!

Not saying that I am going to sell the house to get the car or anything, but it sure is nice to have something like this on our shores. Now that Nissan has unleashed it's beast, and the new IS-F and coming from Lexus....the horsepower wars from imports (aside from German cars) will now begin in the States.

Edited by Spreedizzle

I drive a beat up Dodge Caravan from 1987 (as old as myself). It was free and I kind of beat up cars. When the van finally dies though I'm planning to buy this:

toyota-yaris-sh-03.jpg

Edited by Nutella

Yeah that Mazdaspeed6 looks sweet...I have to swing down and see what the ACTUAL retail is. And my boss' husband is a Mazda salesman so I might be able to swing a deal.

BUT, I need to pay off the loan for another year first.

You would (most likely) be surprised, seeing as the '09 mazda6 is re-designed and they're discontinuing the MS6. In April I was looking at Mazdas, they were giving away the MS6's for under 23k, brand new.