Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

My car. 95 stang convertible. At the Carl Casper International Custom Auto Show in Louisville, KY. yes its a v6 automatic.

car.jpg

interior: (of the v6 automatic)

car2.jpg

Interior (different angle of the v6 auto, taken at Cruisfest Nationals in KY)

car3.jpg

One day i'll get a real car... :D

Edited by Race4LastPlace

'98 Toyota Tacoma, Extended Cab SR5 V6 4x4

70K on it and still running strong.

70k is nothing to brag about. My Volvo has 153,000 and looks almost new.

Gotta love the reliability of foreign cars.

got all of you beat...165k miles on my '97 Mazda 626, and thats with it being off the road since september while I'm ata school

I have had the truck for a year, got it with 60K from my old man, and fully intend on keeping it running for several more years and miles.

...and the registration still hadnt switched over from my jeep to the 300, and apparently chrysler cars are the easiest to steal...

There's a reason they're referred to as "NB" in the rental car industry...

Race4LastPlace...if thats a v6...well, nuff said. Only mustangs I like are the fox body mustangs like the blue 5.0 on the previous page. Everything else falls into the saying "Mustangs are like tampons, every pussy has one."

I whip a 90 big body Grand Marquis, smooth ride, easy to maintain. 5.0 Liter 302 never breaks down. Had an 87 before it when I lived in NY that didnt have AC. That had to change when I moved to FL so I got a 90 with AC. Car probably has close to 200k miles on it, Odometer is broke. Things a tank, and gets ~16 MPG city. Car is in great shape and has been repainted as well.

I had a 2004 Kawasaki ZX636R as my fun toy for a while, got rid of it while the market was good. That was my third bike...probably going to be picking up another soon while it is still a buyers' market.

Edited by bbruins8

'98 Toyota Tacoma, Extended Cab SR5 V6 4x4

70K on it and still running strong.

70k is nothing to brag about. My Volvo has 153,000 and looks almost new.

Gotta love the reliability of foreign cars.

got all of you beat...165k miles on my '97 Mazda 626, and thats with it being off the road since september while I'm ata school

We've got 2 Volvos pushing 200K, still running nice and strong.

Not old enough to drive yet, and so dont have a car or anything to drive <_< but I wanted to post this anyway since from what I have heard there isn't many utes (at least what we call a ute in australia) in america...

Holden Maloo R8

or...

Clubsport

someday maybe.... :D

I drive an '04 Ford F-350 6.0L diesel with a few modifications, and my wife drives an '07 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD.

716017.jpg

ok, honest question here.

I moved to PHX from the Midwest a couple of years ago, and I notice that EVERYBODY out here has one of those beasts. There are even car lots out here that sell nothing but monster trucks.

What I don't get is, what's the draw to these things? I don't even think they're street legal in Illinois, where I grew up, where ground clearance, bumper height and tire size are restricted and it seems like diesel is more expensive than gasoline (3.49 vs. 3.19 last time I filled up) and even if these guys out here drove gasoline-powered tanks, they'd get worse mileage than the diesel.

No offense, I just can't wrap my head around it.

BTW, 2004 Hyundai Accent, 5 speed, no AC, $9000 brand-new, the only money I've put in it is seat covers, floor mats and oil changes. woo woo!

My car. 95 stang convertible. At the Carl Casper International Custom Auto Show in Louisville, KY.

car.jpg

interior:

car2.jpg

Interior (different angle, taken at Cruisfest Nationals in KY)

car3.jpg

thats an automatic V6 :blink:

Race4LastPlace...if thats a v6...well, nuff said. Only mustangs I like are the fox body mustangs like the blue 5.0 on the previous page. Everything else falls into the saying "Mustangs are like tampons, every pussy has one."

ouch. dont be hatin. :P yeah its a v6 auto. sorry. Got a good deal on it, couldnt pass i.t up. Could've done more with it. Couldve got something else, but this served its purpose but i pretty much gave up on it a year ago when i started playing hockey. I've heard them all before (but the pain never dulls... :) ) maybe i'll just edit the orginal post...

I drive an '04 Ford F-350 6.0L diesel with a few modifications, and my wife drives an '07 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD.

716017.jpg

ok, honest question here.

I moved to PHX from the Midwest a couple of years ago, and I notice that EVERYBODY out here has one of those beasts. There are even car lots out here that sell nothing but monster trucks.

What I don't get is, what's the draw to these things? I don't even think they're street legal in Illinois, where I grew up, where ground clearance, bumper height and tire size are restricted and it seems like diesel is more expensive than gasoline (3.49 vs. 3.19 last time I filled up) and even if these guys out here drove gasoline-powered tanks, they'd get worse mileage than the diesel.

No offense, I just can't wrap my head around it.

BTW, 2004 Hyundai Accent, 5 speed, no AC, $9000 brand-new, the only money I've put in it is seat covers, floor mats and oil changes. woo woo!

For me, the draw is that I have a truck that I love the looks of, can haul anything and everything I need it to, take my family on a road trip with luggage and bicycles in the bed, and they have plenty of room in the back seat without getting clautrophobic, I've got more than enough leg room for myself, plus room to stretch out, I can see over traffic, I get 17 mpg, and it's faster than most cars (450 hp right now, around 550 by summer).

The downsides are parking it, and the cost of getting it the way I want it.

I've never had any mechanical problems with it, and I plan on keeping it for a few more years.

Your lucky with 17mpg, but I guess thats due to the diesel. I'm getting around 17mpg right now only stock tires. But I've already got a 3" body lift on, 2" add a leaf, Ford Keys cranked to level it out and a shackle flip on my 2005 sierra.

I currently have a 6" Superlift full drop lift sitting in my garage waiting for it to be nice enough for me to install, along with some 39.5"x13.5 Iroks to go along with the whole setup. Spent wayyy to much and I still need to regear.

The upsides to driving around a lifted truck is the attention you get, and theres really nothing more fun to have on and off road. Don't bad mouth it until you've drivin one.

Edited by bdj

Your lucky with 17mpg, but I guess thats due to the diesel. I'm getting around 17mpg right now only stock tires. But I've already got a 3" body lift on, 2" add a leaf, Ford Keys cranked to level it out and a shackle flip on my 2005 sierra.

I currently have a 6" Superlift full drop lift sitting in my garage waiting for it to be nice enough for me to install, along with some 39.5"x13.5 Iroks to go along with the whole setup. Spent wayyy to much and I still need to regear.

The upsides to driving around a lifted truck is the attention you get, and theres really nothing more fun to have on and off road. Don't bad mouth it until you've drivin one.

Sounds pretty nice! My wife absolutely hates my truck. I love it when she's with me in it, and people wave at me or give me a thumbs up. Especially when it's a hot chick doing it. She can't stand that! It makes me laugh my ass off.

Sold my M3 about a month ago to make room for the E92 M3, but wasnt too impressed with it.

Picked up an '08 335i instead. Already Vishnu'd :)

30w8ar7.jpg

B-E-A-Utiful. Buddy of mine just picked up a 335xi. With Procede V2 he is throwing down 328awhp/365awtq. Not too shabby one bit. That TT inline 6 is a brilliant motor.